Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 18th May 2012, 19:02   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Rusting on 11 month old Aviator: Design fault?

Received the final reply from Autocar today.

As per them HMSI has responded favorably by agreeing to re-paint the panels and they believe that it is the best response they can get as well.
I thanked them for their response.

However, my complaint to Autocar was about to highlight the “design” fault with footboard panels on Aviator because re-painting the panels is not going to fix this issue once for all.
This aspect remained unanswered.

I do not blame them. It could be probably because of our national “Chalta hai” attitude?

I requested them to do have a look at 1-2 year old Aviators. All will have the same issue.

When we are talking about a company who said to be the number one two wheeler company in the world and the company is charging a “Premium” for this badge, you feel kind of cheated!
This company says “I enjoy the Quality”. If this is the Quality which HMSI is talking about then we have different standards!
I get this “Quality” at a much cheaper price tag from other home grown manufacturers…

They are cutting costs and it is starting to show.
Pick any HMSI bike on display in showroom and you will see rust on the chassis joints.

I sent them a picture of my 18 year old Yamaha RX100 which is still on original paint and chrome parts to show the “Quality” we as a customer expect from auto manufacturers.

Heck, I love the CBR 250 but do not want another Honda with rusting issues

Thanks.
vaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 22:27   #17
BHPian

I feel sorry for this state. I really do. Look at the pulsar exhausts making funny sounds because of the same rusting issues.

Yet another reason I am sticking to almost 30 year old technology (RD350 alias RD350B ). Still running fine and no rusties.

What is with this manufacturers anyway, are we not paying the money fair and square?
kolimuttai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 17:31   #18
BANNED

The Quality is the main USP, that makes everyone rush to HONDA showroom and again the same Quality is the main reason that makes every HONDA bike owner to rush to the service center repeatedly after buying.

I got my first HONDA activa in 2002 when I was in my college. That bike is still at my native and a gem of a machine. No complain, no rusting no issues at all. Only maintenance is battery as for last 5 years it is hardly used.

This makes me rush to nearest HONDA dealer the next day I landed in Bangalore and purchased my CBF Stunner on the same day.

Issues faced:
  1. Gear slip from day one, never admitted/fixed by honda service center
  2. Indicator stuck at glow position (no blinking) in cold and wet atmosphere, it seems to be an issue with all current honda bikes (other owner can confirm), never admitted/fixed.
  3. Handle bar got bent after a fall, more than one year, service center still don't have stock.
  4. Speedometer wire broke 3 month back, no stock
  5. Rust a of metal near petrol tank and handlebar joint, never fixed, service center says not their problem as the bike is out of warranty.
This list shall go on if I keep writing them. The motto is, honda is just cashing on the name they earned 10 years back.
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 20:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
The motto is, honda is just cashing on the name they earned 10 years back.
Agree that Honda is just cashing on old reputation.
My neighbor's 8 year old Activa still have smoother accelerator cable action and better crankcase finishing than my 2 year old Aviator!

Also, rust on my Aviator have appeared at new places - behind the front apron (noticed when I was tuning the horn), front indicators. Still to find more places...

My respect for the quality of parts on my 19 year old Rx100 (still on original paint and chrome mudguards), which have seen much harsher conditions, have grown multiple times
vaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 15:28   #20
BHPian

Thank you Vasu for bringing this out. I am in the market for a scooter for my wife. I live in Mumbai and if this has happened to you scooter in a relatively dry area it would cause havoc over here.

Based on your feedback I am dropping HMSI from my list.

Regards
RoS
rulerofsun is offline   Reply With Quote