Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 22nd February 2012, 11:27   #166
BHPian

Default Re: KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
So who has made a full payment for the duke so far? I made it at 9:30 am this morning
Congrats

I did too at Bombay. But they claim the delivery would take 7-8 working days.
I'm hoping they are just playing it safe (like the claimed 90-day delivery period).

Were you able to check out the specific bike allotted to you?
I was in a hurry (had to get back to office), so couldn't do that as the salesmen were out on lunch.
NikhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:38   #167
BHPian

Default Re: KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delh

What's the possibility of using the baby duke for rallying? Say the Desert Storm kinda events?
reswaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:05   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd

Congratulations Shubham, would you be one of the first set of owners from Bangy? Do post in your ownership thread and yes would love to ride with you one of these days.

Finally your mid life crisis is laid to complete rest
Yes sir I will be the first to be handed over the keys to the Duke here (is what someone else confirmed too)
Finally crisis laid to rest. Would love to catch up with you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilB

Congrats

Were you able to check out the specific bike allotted to you?
I was in a hurry (had to get back to office), so couldn't do that as the salesmen were out on lunch.
Thanks Nikhil. I couldn't check the specific bike. Trying through my sources for the same.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:00   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismail Swim View Post
Test Drove the DUKE, the pros Light weight and easy to ride.
Two negatives i noticed,
1. The front suspension is inverted in event of fall to protect the inverted telescopic tubes Bajaj must atleast give as an extra accessory the front crashpads for protection to the front suspension.
I think this will be made available. I suspect that these parts will be expensive though.
Front crashpad - KTM Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismail Swim View Post
2. The coolant cap is located near the top of the tank, it could have been hidden as it is easy for any one to open and can fill the coolant box with any other foriegn material, harming the engine.
Completely agree with that.
shreeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:05   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nikhil. I couldn't check the specific bike. Trying through my sources for the same.
Just a suggestion - Please tell them you would want to inspect the bike thoroughly (PDI) before they send it for registration.

Just to be safe, so in case something is amiss you can deny taking delivery (or getting a regn) for it.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:35   #171
BHPian

Quote:

Do agree with Aditya to do a complete PDI before the bike is sent for registration.
Just that they do not sell the test bike itself.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:38   #172

Does anyone have any info on the Gurgaon deliveries....I was the first guy to book it on Feb 1st but still havent got any call from the showroom...anyone who's got a call from the MG Road probiking showroom?
Kushagra_bhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:41   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Wow the test bike being delivered? Are you sure it might happen? Am sorry Shubz, did slip-gears with full throttle on to check for engine response and am sure many people would have it made it even worse.
However did not try any stoppies/wheelies since there was a disclaimer that I had to sign before getting aboard the bike
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:47   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Wow the test bike being delivered? Are you sure it might happen? Am sorry Shubz, did slip-gears with full throttle on to check for engine response and am sure many people would have it made it even worse.
However did not try any stoppies/wheelies since there was a disclaimer that I had to sign before getting aboard the bike
Now don't scare him Mahesh.

I was pretty sane on the test ride although i did whack it to red line and bounce off the rev limiter on multiple occasions.

An excellent bike for the city though. Lots of punch, handles well, brilliant brakes and light and very torquey through the rev range. Quite a hooligan i must say.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd February 2012 at 18:49.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:03   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Just a suggestion - Please tell them you would want to inspect the bike thoroughly (PDI) before they send it for registration.

Just to be safe, so in case something is amiss you can deny taking delivery (or getting a regn) for it.
Trying to get in touch with Prakkar (head of sales, bangalore) through Venkat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Do agree with Aditya to do a complete PDI before the bike is sent for registration.
Has such a thing ever happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Ooh You got me worried now! (kidding)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Now don't scare him Mahesh.

I was pretty sane on the test ride although i did whack it to red line and bounce off the rev limiter on multiple occasions.

An excellent bike for the city though. Lots of punch, handles well, brilliant brakes and light and very torquey through the rev range. Quite a hooligan i must say.
Thank you all. I don't think a company of repute would do something like that.

Secondly, it would be easily identified if they did something like that.

1) the tires on the display bike shows abuse (lets say they can put a set of new tires.

2) the odo would've run quite a few kms (lets say they can reset that to 0)

3) after so many people testing the bike - there would be dust and grime on the bike (lets say they wash it thoroughly)

4) There was a tape joining brake and accelerator cable (shoddy taping) - lets say they put a new tape on it too.

5) the Test bike is already registered with a number (3535) - can they just change number plates? Put a new regn plate on a vehicle registered on a different number?

6) The only thing I can say (if I do not get to see the bike before being sent for registration) is Trust them not to do something silly like this.
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:05   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign
Never was into bikes earlier (I did have the whole bike posters on wall phase when I was little though). Now looking at the Honda 250R, the Duke 200, the Pulsar 200NS, my minds racing at the possibility of owning a bike here. I never was a fan of biking, in fact, I'm the first one to curse at bikers (inside my own head of course) and how they zig zag, and hit my OVRM at red lights etc.

How is the biking scene in India on road? Is it easy to ride a geared bike? I'm a 100% live to drive kind of guy, and I have ridden some of my friends bikes for fun here and there too. Never was brave enough to take a bike onto a traffic heavy road. I have hired a Wego and an Activa on Havelock island, Andamans, when I holidayed there and regularly rode around the island at moderate speeds (50, 60 and sometimes 70 kmph), managed overtaking, avoiding potholes etc.

Would it be relatively easy to get into biking with a Duke 200 or pulsar 200 NS as a first bike? It's just a grey area in my head, but I'm a real engine enthusiast and willing to learn and love different forms of motoring.

Name:  image3333748347.png
Views: 6670
Size:  984.2 KB

1st Duke in the country !!! Hurray it's arrived
Speed-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:54   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
1st Duke in the country !!! Hurray it's arrived
Congratulations! So Navi Mumbai is the place which witnessed the first deliveries/Duke on road then!
Old 23rd February 2012, 08:25   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ooh You got me worried now! (kidding)
Hey Shubz, Was only kidding
But on the contrary think you have done your home work around the key pointers to be checked. All the very best and be a bit more observant around the bike you would take delivery of.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 10:35   #179
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows if the deliveries in chennai been started ?
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 12:13   #180
BHPian

I got the riding bikes fever at a late age of 54 continued till 60 riding Bajaj Avenger and Bajaj 220. Did Ladakh too. Quit riding altogether a year back, after buying the Honda City.

This thread on KTM has rudely disturbed me and am wondering should I saddle up once again !!
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote