Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 25th February 2012, 12:21   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
I got the riding bikes fever at a late age of 54 continued till 60 riding Bajaj Avenger and Bajaj 220. Did Ladakh too. Quit riding altogether a year back, after buying the Honda City.

This thread on KTM has rudely disturbed me and am wondering should I saddle up once again !!
Don't wonder man! You will be a neat addition to the 40+ KTM old school bikers club. Very little else that can be safely mentioned on a moderated forum can get your testosterone flowing as good as this one does!
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 14:15   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis
I got the riding bikes fever at a late age of 54 continued till 60 riding Bajaj Avenger and Bajaj 220. Did Ladakh too. Quit riding altogether a year back, after buying the Honda City.

This thread on KTM has rudely disturbed me and am wondering should I saddle up once again !!
At 40 I was made to realize that age is just a number and one grows old when they stop riding. so never too late for anything sir. For your enthusiasm and achievement, I bow to you sir. Saddle up! Ride the Duke!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 11:41   #183
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post

Nandu Sir,

Don't have any second thoughts, do look at this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...india-235.html

You are not the loner, loads of old but young at heart people who still ride. In our RD Circle we have Mr Chakaravarthy aged around 70+ who rides it to every RD meet that is organized. Let me know shall mail you his photos as well
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 18:47   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Nandu Sir,

Don't have any second thoughts, do look at this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...india-235.html

You are not the loner, loads of old but young at heart people who still ride. In our RD Circle we have Mr Chakaravarthy aged around 70+ who rides it to every RD meet that is organized. Let me know shall mail you his photos as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Don't wonder man! You will be a neat addition to the 40+ KTM old school bikers club. Very little else that can be safely mentioned on a moderated forum can get your testosterone flowing as good as this one does!
Pleased to report a close friend of mine has booked the Duke based on my recommendation!

Will be available to me as and when I feel like riding this bike !!

nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 08:53   #185
BHPian

I came across a very nice video of a guy TD'ing the DUKE in Bengaluru India!

The comment section of the video also had a very nice perspective to the KTM duke 200 vs Yamaha r15 v2.0 vs CBR 250R debate!

Quote:
How will u compare KTM duke 200 vs Yamaha r15 v2.0 vs CBR 250R ??
Quote:
If you ride mostly in twisties/race-track, get the R15 for its amazing handling
If you ride mostly on the highway, get the CBR250R for it's wide powerband
If you ride mostly in the city, get the Duke 200 for it's flickability & acceleration in traffic
For combos, use personal discretion

Last edited by Furebo : 28th February 2012 at 08:57.
Furebo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 20:18   #186
BHPian

Just paid the full amount for my Duke and am expecting delivery by mid next week! While I was at the showroom I also got a quick test ride - what a blast! here are my first impressions from a VERY short test ride: The bike has adequate power for city conditions, although a little more wouldn't hurt..She handles well, is very maneuverable and had a wonderful, upright seating position. As I came out of a corner and gassed it, she spun the rear wheel as i shifted into second - and I wasn't even trying to do this!! this brought a huge grin to my face and validated that this bike can indeed be a hooligan. Am really looking forward to getting mine.
Ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 21:01   #187
BHPian

I made the full payment for my Duke today, ex-showroom price has been increased by 822rs and this was not notified to me.
Wind splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 22:51   #188
Senior - BHPian

I also got my commuter today . Feels good .Just ridden 20kms to home . The first 3 gears are very rough and jerky .May be it will improve . Seat is horrible , hand grips are dirt .I don't like the foot pegs at back . Mods all in right time .
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 00:04   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
I also got my commuter today . Feels good .Just ridden 20kms to home . The first 3 gears are very rough and jerky .May be it will improve . Seat is horrible , hand grips are dirt .I don't like the foot pegs at back . Mods all in right time .
First of all congrats on getting the Duke , yup gear are jerky even after riding more than 400kms i am still getting used to 1st and 2nd gear. I found seat to be ok, its very hard material so i think it will be comfortable for long rides. Hard grips doesnt matter much once you get a pair of gloves. hope to see a complete review, enjoy it and ride safe.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 13:15   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
First of all congrats on getting the Duke , yup gear are jerky even after riding more than 400kms i am still getting used to 1st and 2nd gear. I found seat to be ok, its very hard material so i think it will be comfortable for long rides. Hard grips doesnt matter much once you get a pair of gloves. hope to see a complete review, enjoy it and ride safe.
Thanks man .

They need to tune the ecu properly ,I don't know what testing they did .
The grips are not only rough ,they damage yours gloves also .I wear gloves always . The seat is like flat bench , needs more cushion . The mirrors are also useless, same as pulsars , I can see half only half and they are ugly too .How much does FZ1 mirrors cost ? ,they are super . Review I will put up, I am not good writer ,but will try .

Ho did i say about the heat in traffic ? .Its a furnace under you . Now I understand why superbikers crib .

Last edited by black12rr : 14th March 2012 at 13:16.
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 17:06   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Thanks man .

They need to tune the ecu properly ,I don't know what testing they did .
The grips are not only rough ,they damage yours gloves also .I wear gloves always . The seat is like flat bench , needs more cushion . The mirrors are also useless, same as pulsars , I can see half only half and they are ugly too .How much does FZ1 mirrors cost ? ,they are super . Review I will put up, I am not good writer ,but will try .

Ho did i say about the heat in traffic ? .Its a furnace under you . Now I understand why superbikers crib .
Ya they do damage the gloves, i got a new pair with the bike and now they look like far older than they are, i tot quality of gloves is not good .

I will suggest not to change the cushion or anything in the seat. You might feel comfortable for a while but in long rides it will mean numb backside :P. Most of the altered seats i have seen whether in car bike are usually ruined. Ya mirrors are not that great. Heat from engine will reduce after 200-300kms.
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 04:38   #192
BHPian

Good News!

2012 KTM Duke 200 gets a remap option by Indian tuning firm Kiirus Autosport,

that pushes up the rev limiter to 11,700 rpm!

+3 BHP power...

Source

Last edited by Furebo : 18th March 2012 at 04:43.
Furebo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 11:15   #193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Good News!

2012 KTM Duke 200 gets a remap option by Indian tuning firm Kiirus Autosport,

that pushes up the rev limiter to 11,700 rpm!

+3 BHP power...

Source
WOAH!

This just bumped up the Dukes market manifold!

Does this affect the company warranty? and are there any long term side effects?
up-beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 12:16   #194

Got mine yesterday evening. Took it to Nandi today morning.
KTM 200 First Impressions:
1. This one is a maniac Bike, TO BE experienced if you love bikes
2. The first 3 gears are designed to scare the pillion rider
3. Power delivery is pretty linear after 5000 rpm (no kicks here)
4. The Suspension setting from the company is really SOFT (both front and back). The front does not feel too planted in the U-turns. Maybe I need to adjust to the changed handlebar position from the TBTS
5. The tyres are sticky as hell. I could get them off on my fingers after a hot twisty ride. I don't think they will last more than 10k km
6. The Front Brake is little better than that of the TBTS, then maybe it could be the sticky tyres.
THE REAR BRAKE: Many have said that there is no play setting for this one, and that in emergency situations, could cause wheel-locks. I have used the rear brake only 3-4 times in total in the last 150 km (just to evaluate the wierdly small lever and its position) and I don't know why but in my bike it is weak as a twig . In TBTS, the rear brake is SO strong, it would easily lockup, and is alone enough to bring the bike to a halt in emergencies. SO I am happy, that brake has no play, and its short position.
7. The bike is extremely well poised and sung fit for me (5 ft 11.3in). The knees nicely fit into the recesses of the tank. The front and rear balance is so perfect that the company recommends tyre pressures of 29 PSI, front and back
8. THE FUEL ECONOMY: [] In the city yesterday, with a calm throttle it would indicate 35kpl in signal to signal traffic, with a slightly more aggressive shifts at say 6-7k rpm, it fell down to 30 kpl. Today morning on my way to Nandi, it indicated 46 kpl for 60 kph constant highway riding and 45 kpl for 70 kph constant highway riding. An agressive uphill ride to Nandi top displayed 30 kpl at the end. An easy ride down back showed 60 kpl :S. Overall I think you can get 40 kpl easily in touring conditions (80 kph), and 30-35 kpl in the city. I am yet to evaluate a full tank performance.
Speeds: Does 70 kph at 5250 rpm approx in 6th, and 90 kph at 7k rpm, so I am yet to see that blinking RED dot even during running-in :S
9. The seat is nice and hard. The folded-in position of the legs, causes them to start crying out for some stretch after about 2 hours of nonstop riding (even if you are a seasoned tourer). It simply attacks your hamstrings and the ankle ligaments. Tank Pad is not really required, unless you have a fat tummy or are wearing a thick riding jacket
10. That astonishing fuel economy tells me the DUKE 200 could be tuned for an even sharper performance at the expense of FE and engine components durability!

Last edited by Dragonheart22 : 18th March 2012 at 12:43.
Dragonheart22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 15:22   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by up-beat View Post
Does this affect the company warranty? and are there any long term side effects?
According to the source the company cannot detect the changes made so warranty remains intact.

Side effects? Well time will tell, but these guys claim that their update also increases mileage!
Furebo is offline   Reply With Quote