Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 27th January 2012, 12:25   #76
BHPian

Default Re: KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delh

Was at the KJMarg PBK (KTM Store?) on the 24th Jan.

Customers were reaching the store before they got the message that bookings had been postponed. To placate them, the store was accepting post-dated cheques and promised to prepare a booking receipt on the 1st of Feb.

I reached the store at 1:45pm (before the display bike had arrived) and they already had 45 post-dated cheques with them

Initial lot would probably be booked in a matter of days (unless the new pulsar is in the same/similar segment).
NikhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 12:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Am surprised you say this cause they are completely two different breed! Why do you think bulleteers will get attracted to a KTM?
Because the KTM is a better Bullet.

Because me and many (if not all) of my riding buddies are Bulleteers, and this is the first bike in a long time (if ever) that we are seriously thinking of having and riding.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 13:01   #78
Senior - BHPian

Just called Bajaj Probiking Adyar, Chennai.
The Bike will be displayed after tomorrow afternoon in the Showroom.
i asked for TD too and Receptionist didn't have any idea about TD.
I have given my Mobile No to call back, once it's displayed.
will post the picture and initial review and try to get a TD too.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 13:48   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
[/list]So that brings us to my last question. Will it look really awkward riding the Duke wearing all formals? stupid

Lol! Entirely upto you. You want to be "seen" on the bike or enjoy the ride wearing anything you wish - preferably safety gear.
Finally someone comments on this. Why is this question even coming up??? Unless you're James Bond, buy a riding jacket and helmet atleast to cover the CEO-or-biker image clash, if not to save head and hide in a crash.
voodoochild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 14:22   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Geez! I am 40 (plus 1) I have no hang ups about riding Orange!

If you are ashamed of riding Orange, being 30 - Dont even come near the Duke!
Ahem! thats not very funny considering your age. . Its just my opinion...not a big fan of orange thats all.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 15:29   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

Because me and many (if not all) of my riding buddies are Bulleteers, and this is the first bike in a long time (if ever) that we are seriously thinking of having and riding.
Couldnt have said it better.
jalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 19:05   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911987 View Post
On the wrong side of fifty(only just)
Just go for it,happy riding!
Quote:
Add one more 40 year old to the list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Ahem! thats not very funny considering your age. . Its just my opinion...not a big fan of orange thats all.
Nitro sir - the people quoted above (including me) and many more are NOT trying to be funny. You may not be a fan of the Orange but you cannot be chiding others who are. whatever the age is.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 19:42   #83
SAS
BHPian

Had I not bought my Yamaha SZ just 3 months back, I would have definitely bought the duke. This is one heck of a bike, it looks awesome and brings back youth. I would feel at least 5 years younger by just sitting atop a duke. It also reminds me of duke nukem (for those old enough to remember)

Off topic, biking has no age barriers. In fact the more older the rider, the more mature (generally) and stable the rider would be. I too have crossed my 30's, have 2 cars in the house, yet the passion of biking is just overwhelming. The freedom and involvement in biking is not obtained in cars (this is coming from somebody who has done over 90k kms in cars)
SAS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 21:42   #84
BHPian

i need to find out the prices of spares like, brake pads, cables, filters and easily breakable parts in the event of a spill like levers, handlebars, foot pegs etc. and then sing praises about the bike and pricing.

surely i don't want a spares pricing strategy like other europeans like skoda or vw or renault.
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 22:25   #85
BHPian

the sound of duke...

Last edited by a2k24 : 27th January 2012 at 22:29.
a2k24 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 07:03   #86
BHPian

Hey all,

I do not want to get dragged into all this age thingy. But would like to know one thing before dreaming too much. Can a 5'6 guy reach the ground on this bike. Touching toes is not an option as the pillion will be occupied..

thanks

g
girishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 09:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hey all,

I do not want to get dragged into all this age thingy. But would like to know one thing before dreaming too much. Can a 5'6 guy reach the ground on this bike. Touching toes is not an option as the pillion will be occupied..

thanks

g
Any biker worth his salt does not want the pillion to dab down at standstill. It upsets the balance.

My son at 5' 8" has feet flat on the ground. There were guys shorter than him who also did not have an issue, albeit on the balls of their feet.

It is a tall bike, but not inordinately so. What also helps is the narrow sculpted tank recesses and taper of the seat which allows more of your leg length to come into play.

Just go and sit on it and check it out if still in doubt!

Last edited by ebonho : 28th January 2012 at 09:44.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 12:03   #88
BHPian

Quote:

+1 To the above. Exactly, i've been a Hardcore Bulleteer (I ride a good ol cast iron 500) for as long as i can remember. None of the other bikes in the market (apart from harleys and superbikes which i cant afford) have got me intrested barring my other bike, the RD 350.
But, the KTM has got me seriously thinking of getting my hands on one myself
aadithsince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 12:25   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I agree with part 2. Part 1 still doesnt answer my question since they are chalk and cheese. You can have both but they aren't the same. I've been riding a bullet for a long time now and its true that KTM might be the creed i would want in my parking but it just simply does not do what a bullet does and vice versa. Never mind though. Thats taking the focus away from the thread.
I think its just that the KTM brand itself is so synonymous with "tough" and "go anywhere" that a bulleteer identifies with it.
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 12:31   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I agree with part 2. Part 1 still doesnt answer my question since they are chalk and cheese. You can have both but they aren't the same. I've been riding a bullet for a long time now and its true that KTM might be the creed i would want in my parking but it just simply does not do what a bullet does and vice versa. Never mind though. Thats taking the focus away from the thread.
I think its just that the KTM brand itself is so synonymous with "tough" and "go anywhere" that a bulleteer identifies with it.
Am involved in a pretty (now) heated debate on the same (but with respect to another bike) on another forum.

The KTM seems to have what it takes to do everything Bulleteers make their Bullets do - only better.

The 350 when it comes will put the issue beyond doubt and be a serious hit for RE, but even in its 200 guise, this baby KTM can take on the 500s at their own game, and cheaper at that.

I have been riding 500s (owned all 3, now just the std) for the past 10 years myself.

Last edited by ebonho : 28th January 2012 at 12:34.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote