Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th June 2014, 11:42   #136
BHPian

Default Re: The Yamaha R15 2.0 Ownership Report. Update: 30,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastichouse View Post
If not, get the coolant level checked too.
Thanks sarcastichouse.

I had been getting the coolant refilled during every workshop visit after engine overheating (which is 3-4 times in last 2 months).

Unfortunately, the stubborn overheating problem refuses to go away. Bombay's largest Yamaha workshop had been unable to sort out the problem.

They have already tried changing the various parts of coolant circulation system.

Now, as a last ditch effort, they are suggesting expensive clutch plate change. I am not sure if even this will work.
Gotham_City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 11:47   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Thanks sarcastichouse.
===============
Now, as a last ditch effort, they are suggesting expensive clutch plate change. I am not sure if even this will work.
Oh I get it. This might seem trivial, but have you made sure that the overheat lamp isn't throwing out phantom warnings?
sarcastichouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 17:13   #138
BHPian

Hi Guys, again got into an issue with my bike. Its a yamaha r15V2.
Today morning suddenly my bike refused to start. The engine warning light popped up on HUD. Checked the blinks & it came 4 longs blips and 8 short blips. Push starting also failed. Called the svc, mech came down and fixed the issue.
Now coming to the issue, the wire going into the Fuel Injector has got almost worn off near the inlet of the injector. He has temp fixed the issue by putting a black tape on it. Asked him what permanent fix option is to which he is saying that the whole wiring kit ~ Rs 3550 and the injector ~5K needs to be replaced. When I pointed out why I need to change the injector he said that I can give it a skip. Also he mentioned that there is another way of repairing the whole wire and he will charge me ~1500.
Somehow am not too convinced with his methods and he said that this is a very common issue.
Guys let me know if any of you have faced this issue. Also tell me if there is any mech in Bangalore who can do this work properly (svc is on a rip-off mode I guess).
Attached Images

adhiraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 10:25   #139
Senior - BHPian

Overheating could be due to multiple issues.

Check if the thermostat is working properly and is kicking in the radiator fans when the bike is nearing the thermal cut off temperature.

Is the radiator or coolant reservoir leaking? I am surprised that it is thirsty for so much coolant.

If the bike is pulling effortlessly when you whack open the throttle, clutch is not the issue. Only if you notice clutch slippage, the clutch plates need to be checked.

For the above issue on bike not starting, check the fuel pump, starter motor and other related parts.

Please go to a reputed authorized service center to have these issues resolved.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 08:32   #140
BHPian

Hi Anup

Good to know that you let go of all the inhibitions regarding R15.
Here are a few links that can help with pre delivery inspection

This one is for cars, but shares some basic element
http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list

These are for bikes

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...n-signing.html (RE Continental GT: Captain signing in!)
scrol down and you will find a list, its for enfield though but again some similar points.

Another one for bike.
http://nexgenbikes.com/site/2011/01/...ke-motorcycle/

Plus, make sure the tyre presssure is correct aswell before hitting the road.
Showroom guys often neglet this.

Regards
Mehuel
mehuel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote