Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
Old 15th February 2012, 12:27   #1
Default Have booked Honda CBR250R and need some suggestions

Hello Folks,

Finally, this is my first post in team-bhp and I am quite kicked at the moment having booked a CBR250R. I have just stepped into my 30s and I will be gettin on a Motorbike after almost 10 years and I am seeing the CBR250R as my first step towards getting into riding. I always had the passion but never actually got serious enough. I am not sure still how much I will actually be riding the bike and the next few months will be a test to see if I deserve a superbike down the years. I have booked a Red Std version though Honda seems to have introduced a new color option (HRC) which is infact the blue-red-white combo. The dealer couldn't confirm whether this will be available but there are high chances they could get the HRC models in the new lot.

I had two options - the Ninja 250R or the CBR. My wife says that since this is a kind of an experiment for me, I shouldn't be spending so much money rightaway. If all goes well with this so-called experiment, I am eyeing the Triumph Street Triple

I have a few questions right now and will appreciate if the experienced folks can put in their bits:
1. Should I be buying the C-ABS version or the Std one. My riding will be quite limited (maybe to run a few errands and an occasional ride). Does paying about 27K additional make sense?
2. I have already ordered the following equipment:
- Nuvo Revolution Helmet : Carbon Black
- Alpinestars SP-X Gloves : Black
3. I am planning to get a textile riding jacket (Alpinestars T-GP Plus Air Jacket). Is that good enough?
4. Also, has the quality of the bike increased over time? I have seen a lot of complaints about parts getting rusted, etc.

P.S. Mods, this should be merged to a similar thread please do so.
Old 15th February 2012, 12:46   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Have booked Honda CBR250R and need some suggestions

Note from support - All your queries are answered in the respective threads. Please search or read existing ownership threads (and sticky threads) in the relevant section. There are multiple threads which can answer your queries in detail.

Thread closed!
Closed Thread