Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 25th March 2006, 19:20   #1
BHPian

Question Castrol Bikezone

Hey guys, I recently heard of the Castrol bikezone servive centres. I would like to have your opinions about their service. Is it any better than the regular authorised service centres? As far as i know these are started only in Bangalore and chennai.
Here's the link to it- Castrol Bikezone
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2006, 20:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

More details please???? I am interested
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 09:28   #3
BHPian

Default Castrol Bikezones

Hi all,
I own a Pulsar 180 (the first model).
I moved into a new house (on the Hebbal Road, Bangalore) recently.
Couldnt locate a service centre for my bike so was happy to see a Castrol Bike point in my locality.
Got the bike serviced and chain/sprocket sets changed as the chain noise was getting bad. Also got the shocks changed (I put the new gas filled ones after being assured that there was no problem in the fitment-big,big mistake).
The servicing job was average (chain noise only slightly less), shocks were fouling with chain guard (changed them again to the original spec. and lost the money). The guy has no/hardly any good equipment and the whole interaction left sucked.
After hearing the ads on FM radio(has to be the crappiest ad to attract bikers), man I suggest you avoid them like the plague and stick authorised dealers of the bike.

Vicki_Rau
Bangalore
Vicki_Rau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 11:25   #4
BHPian

Angry

well it would be better then yamaha service center...

i got riped of at the Yamaha sc and the bike went from good to VERY BAD...

1)the bike started moving to right,

2)tuning went to very bad had keep the bike raced every time or else it will turn off

3)the noise which was there didnt reduce.

4)i didnt ask then to change Break pads as they were new, but they replaced it.

5)cluch was working fine but dont know why they did ovealling which made the cluch slip vary bad...

had to take the bike to them 3 times to get the damage they had done to be repaired.
i still have the noise from the back of the bike,
and tuning needs to be done,,,
zulfikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 11:59   #5
BHPian

Red face CASTROL Bike Zone

Hi guys,

The service in bikezone is pretty good, last service of my PULSAR i did from this service station. We have 3 options which are priced as 199, 299 and 399 which give the different service for ur vehicle.

It is bit costly but i think we r paying for what they are doing.
bike_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 17:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_bug
Hi guys,

The service in bikezone is pretty good, last service of my PULSAR i did from this service station. We have 3 options which are priced as 199, 299 and 399 which give the different service for ur vehicle.

It is bit costly but i think we r paying for what they are doing.
Could you elaborate a bit about the three price options. I am interested in giving my Pulsar for service there, as the service at the Bajaj dealer is pathetic.
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 13:59   #7
BHPian

HI Sridhar,

The three options include different kind of services.

I am not aware of the exact options included in the service. I will give u the contact info, u can get the complete info on this:

Hosur road

27/1, Nanjappa Layout,
Opp Adugodi Traffic Police Station,
Hosur Road,
Bangalore - 27 Phone: 57666673

Jayanagar
Suraj Centre,235/12,
27TH Cross,
Jayanagar 7TH Block,
Bangalore - 82 Phone: 26651910, 9880055550

Mysore road

#8/4, New Timberyard Layout,
Mysore Road,
Bangalore - 26 Phone: 26750977, 9845124663

Peenya

SB-111, 2ND Cross,
1ST stage,
Peenya Industrial Estate,
Bangalore - 58 Phone: 51272562

Marthahalli

#4/2, Marthahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 48 Phone: 56975144, 9845496238

Vidyaranyapura

#720, 3rd block, BEL layout
Vidyaranyapura,
Bangalore-97
Near Canara bank Phone: 23647128, 9242477541

Yashwantpur

# 30/3, Pipeline road
Triveni road cross
Near south Indian Bank
Yashwantpur,
Bangalore - 22 Phone: 23371412/13, 9844121386
bike_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 16:51   #8
BHPian

l i don't think they are worth the money u pay them, man of my friends had very bad experience from those guys after getting their bike serviced from them. The only gud thing abt them is that you can sit and watch ur bike getting serviced, and i guess you can do the same in any other local workshop.....the only advantage what i do feel is that they woud't steal any pat from ur bike which could happen from any local workshop otherwise its all the same .
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 18:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
Hey guys, I recently heard of the Castrol bikezone servive centres. I would like to have your opinions about their service. Is it any better than the regular authorised service centres? As far as i know these are started only in Bangalore and chennai.
Here's the link to it- Castrol Bikezone
These guys in Chennai at Vallavar Kuttam screwed up my Ambition. Can you believe it??? they charged me separately one for opening my wheels and refixing my wheel. They changed spares without my permission even after giving specific information not to do so. They wrecked up the tuning of my bike and ultimately I had to do the tuning myself. (not a big deal)

I called their call center and blasted them left right and center. The person responsible for chennai, one Mr Bhaskar called and begged me to fix my bike. I warned that I will break any castrol guys hand who touches my bike. I was really mad then, although I apologised to him later. It wasnt his fault. The mechanics were just not trained to handle my bike.

So better be aware.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 06:16   #10
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I am glad and excited to be back to this forum. Have been out of the country and out of station for a while.

Performance on my Pulsar 180 had gone down.
It was not as torquey as it was when i had initally purchased it.
Engine had become ruf
I use Speed as the fuel.

The owner of Castrol bike zone at Audugudi inspected my bike and informed me that speed is not the right fuel choice for bikes from 100-250 cc.

The fuel burns well (Which means, it performs its job well) this causes to the bore and the engine core to get heated up too fast.
-> Engine life degrads and tends to become ruf
-> Carbon emission increases
-> Spark plug life decreases
-> Overall bike performance decreases

This is only applicable if you rev your bike and take it to high speed zone most of the time.

Normal driving at 60 KMPH. It really does nt make any difference.

After testing the bike with normal fuel for a period of 1 month, i must say i agree with what the person at Castrol bike zone had stated

All Indian bike owners, it would be my suggestion to stick to the normal fuel option.
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 20:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks
Hey Guys,
I am glad and excited to be back to this forum. Have been out of the country and out of station for a while.

Engine had become ruf
I use Speed as the fuel.

The owner of Castrol bike zone at Audugudi inspected my bike and informed me that speed is not the right fuel choice for bikes from 100-250 cc.

The fuel burns well (Which means, it performs its job well) this causes to the bore and the engine core to get heated up too fast.

This is only applicable if you rev your bike and take it to high speed zone most of the time.

After testing the bike with normal fuel for a period of 1 month, i must say i agree with what the person at Castrol bike zone had stated

All Indian bike owners, it would be my suggestion to stick to the normal fuel option.
are you serious about this ?? i cant tend to understand why speed wont help and as u say degenerate the engine in the long run.any reason why

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 15:46   #12
BHPian

Default Be aware of Castrol bike zone

Hi friends,
Castrol bike (cheating) zone, yes it is they are cheating people who go expecting good service from them, but they are cheating the people, i ride the LML fredom bike since from 2002, & it's well maintained bike, by doing time 2 time services fro LML service lalbagh road, there was no problems until i given service of my bike to these worst mechanics, it was the normal routine service i asked them at their peenya branch, they charged me 675 bucks without changing any spares[oil,oilfilter replaced], by evening i took the bike, & driven to home, it's nearly 8-9 kms, by nearing my home i observed that there is change in bike sound, after parking just to hear sound i rised the throttle all of a suddenthatturns into some crinkle, bangles rubbing sound started, next morning i took the bike straight to peenya bike zone, complained the same, they removed the piston head to see the oil flow, but it was dry, i no they fixed oil fliter reversly, so that there was no oilflow, by this all cam shaft parts are burnt out so that i getting that sound, they are not ready to accept there mistake, i blasted them like any thing, i took my bike to LML service, they changed all the damaged parts[rs2300/-] now it,s the same what i ride before,

DO NOT GO TO, THESE ZONES, named castrol bike zone, be aware of them. they are crucade in nature, more price for dirty work.
subbarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 11:53   #13

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks
Hey Guys,

Engine had become ruf
I use Speed as the fuel.

I have pulsar 180 and my bikes performance & mileage (20-25 KMPL) goes down when i use Speed Petrol. Now i have stopped using Speed, my bike's mileags is 35+ KMPL
rickuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 12:26   #14
DRC
BHPian

Some how, my pulsar too dod not like speed... It gave me all sorts of problems when I used it. Funny part was dead engine in the afternoons,

Got back to the normal one.. Now its back to mnormal.
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 22:00   #15
BHPian

I have a reverse experience from u goys above. I have tried XtraPremium (Well the Indian Oil franchiseez are a real crooksters). Power by HP is till better And the purest I get from BP in Speed.
I get 20-25km+ difference in average when I use speed. Speed is best for my Pulsar180.
cowboy45 is offline   Reply With Quote