Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2015, 22:32   #916
BHPian
 
Car_Freak_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Hey guys! I'm planning to get a baby duke 200 soon but I'm a bit confused. My question is should I buy the Baby now or next month.

If I buy it now, I'll be getting the 2014 manufactured model but the store manager told me that if I want the 2015 manufactured model then I'll have to wait till February.

Any there going to be any changes in the newer model? Is it worth waiting?
Or should I buy from the ones that are in stock?
Car_Freak_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 21:55   #917
BHPian
 
Car_Freak_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 90 Times
Unhappy Please Help!

Got my baby Duke delivered today! But there seems to be one problem I'm worried about.
I just noticed this after coming home-->

KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!-tread.png


In the tread pattern, this(ply) can be seen. Please confirm if it is normal or it is a defect. I'll go to the service centre soon if it is a defect.
Car_Freak_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 22:36   #918
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,364
Thanked: 13,333 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post
Got my baby Duke delivered today! But there seems to be one problem I'm worried about.
I just noticed this after coming home-->

In the tread pattern, this(ply) can be seen. Please confirm if it is normal or it is a defect. I'll go to the service centre soon if it is a defect.
Is it something metal?

I thought it was the thread wear indicator.

Is it found only in this place it found obv the whole tyres threads?
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 22:44   #919
BHPian
 
Car_Freak_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is it something metal?

I thought it was the thread wear indicator.

Is it found only in this place it found obv the whole tyres threads?
I don't think it was metal. Didn't check it properly as it was dark when I got home.

I guess its only at that place and not everywhere. Will check thoroughly tomorrow morning and let you know.

EDIT: The above pic was captured near the showroom when the bike was delivered.

Last edited by Car_Freak_911 : 21st January 2015 at 22:46.
Car_Freak_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 09:40   #920
BHPian
 
Car_Freak_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 90 Times
Smile Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is it something metal?

I thought it was the thread wear indicator.

Is it found only in this place it found obv the whole tyres threads?
Checked it today. Its there in alternate treads of the tyre. Its not metal.

EDIT: I guess you were right about it being the thread wear indicator. Thanks buddy!

Ownership thread soon to come

Last edited by Car_Freak_911 : 22nd January 2015 at 09:57.
Car_Freak_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:04   #921
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,364
Thanked: 13,333 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post

Checked it today. Its there in alternate treads of the tyre. Its not metal.
Then nothing to worry, it is tyre wear indicator on the threads which you are seeing.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 20:07   #922
BHPian
 
Car_Freak_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

There's this problem about my duke that's kept me worried.
When I Rev the bike hard with a pillion at the back, and when I reach 5th or 6th gear(not quite sure) there's some kind of sound and vibration. It felt as if chain was slipping or something. I'm not quite sure. It has happened to me thrice till now. (In a span of 2months). It had happened even when the bike was 4 days old.
It happens only when theres a pillion. When I ride solo and revv hard, it doesn't happen. Any idea what's going on?
Car_Freak_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 20:16   #923
Senior - BHPian
 
man_of_steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: BLR/TVM
Posts: 1,181
Thanked: 1,055 Times
Default Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post
There's this problem about my duke that's kept me worried.
When I Rev the bike hard with a pillion at the back, and when I reach 5th or 6th gear(not quite sure) there's some kind of sound and vibration. It felt as if chain was slipping or something. I'm not quite sure. It has happened to me thrice till now. (In a span of 2months). It had happened even when the bike was 4 days old.
It happens only when theres a pillion. When I ride solo and revv hard, it doesn't happen. Any idea what's going on?
Sounds like an over tightened chain to me. The chain becomes more taught with a pillion on board and even more with addition of a pillion. The boffins at SVC adjusts the chain with no one sitting on the bike where as the right practice is to make the adjustment with the rider on board the bike.

Just imagine how taut the chain would be if adjusted without the rider on board and then add the rider and pillion weight to it.

Also, clean and lube the chain thoroughly.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 20:17   #924
BHPian
 
barcalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 772
Thanked: 1,148 Times
Default Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post
There's this problem about my duke that's kept me worried.
When I Rev the bike hard with a pillion at the back, and when I reach 5th or 6th gear(not quite sure) there's some kind of sound and vibration. It felt as if chain was slipping or something. I'm not quite sure. It has happened to me thrice till now. (In a span of 2months). It had happened even when the bike was 4 days old.
It happens only when theres a pillion. When I ride solo and revv hard, it doesn't happen. Any idea what's going on?
Try adjusting your suspension (making it a bit hard) and see if it persists. Have you tightened/lubed the chain of late? Also, does your bike have the hugger on?



EDIT : man_of_steel, just saw your reply. Great minds think alike.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 20:51   #925
BHPian
 
Car_Freak_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Sounds like an over tightened chain to me. The chain becomes more taught with a pillion on board and even more with addition of a pillion. The boffins at SVC adjusts the chain with no one sitting on the bike where as the right practice is to make the adjustment with the rider on board the bike.

Just imagine how taut the chain would be if adjusted without the rider on board and then add the rider and pillion weight to it.

Also, clean and lube the chain thoroughly.
So it happens if the chain is overtight? I didn't know that the chain gets tighter when a pillion is onboard. I'd always asked the pillion if their shoes were touching the chain when the sounds came.
I get the chain cleaned and lubed regularly at 500kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Try adjusting your suspension (making it a bit hard) and see if it persists. Have you tightened/lubed the chain of late? Also, does your bike have the hugger on?



EDIT : man_of_steel, just saw your reply. Great minds think alike.
The suspension setting is on the harder side. I haven't touched the settings since I got the bike. I haven't tightened the chain but it was lubed twice, once at 600 kms and once during first service 996 kms. Yeah, the hugger is on. What role could it have in this problem?
Car_Freak_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 21:21   #926
BHPian
 
barcalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 772
Thanked: 1,148 Times
Default Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post
The suspension setting is on the harder side. I haven't touched the settings since I got the bike. I haven't tightened the chain but it was lubed twice, once at 600 kms and once during first service 996 kms. Yeah, the hugger is on. What role could it have in this problem?
A friend has some issues after re-fitting his hugger. A screw on the chain cover mysteriously disappeared, due to which the edge of the chain cover started deforming due to the heat. The hugger, if loose or not installed properly can make some noise.
If you haven't touched the settings yet, how do you know it's on the harder side? Get it checked once, I'd suggest.
Also, get the play of your chain checked, along with a thorough inspection of the rear sprocket.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 20:03   #927
BHPian
 
VCheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 175
Thanked: 245 Times
Default Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

@ebonho How many miles do you have on the Duke by now? Are you satisfied with its long term reliability and performance? Pluses and Minuses in your view? Any updates would be appreciated, thanks.
VCheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 20:16   #928
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
@ebonho How many miles do you have on the Duke by now? Are you satisfied with its long term reliability and performance? Pluses and Minuses in your view? Any updates would be appreciated, thanks.
If you are asking about his D200, then he has sold it in June 2014 buddy. He has now got himself a D390 and enjoying the ride on it.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 20:32   #929
BHPian
 
VCheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 175
Thanked: 245 Times
Default Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
If you are asking about his D200, then he has sold it in June 2014 buddy. He has now got himself a D390 and enjoying the ride on it.
My bad, I should have specified: It was the 390 that I am interested in. The KTMs are nice bikes and it would not be a bad choice if reliable in the long term. Did he make a new thread about the 390? If so, can you please guide me towards that? Thanks!
VCheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 20:50   #930
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
My bad, I should have specified: It was the 390 that I am interested in. The KTMs are nice bikes and it would not be a bad choice if reliable in the long term. Did he make a new thread about the 390? If so, can you please guide me towards that? Thanks!
No new thread as far as I am aware of. He has penned down his experience in the Duke 390 ownership experience thread itself.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200 theexperthand Motorbikes 342 5th October 2017 15:08
KTM launches MY2016 Duke 200, Duke 390, RC200 & RC390 //M Motorbikes 99 27th April 2017 01:54
KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up Rahulkool Motorbikes 197 21st July 2016 11:54
Duke of Ram - My Orange Flame, KTM Duke 390. EDIT : Sold! hillram Motorbikes 65 13th May 2016 07:21
The Duke Finally arrives! (KTM Duke 200) Shubz Motorbikes 76 4th April 2013 10:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks