Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th August 2014, 19:53   #46
Tgo
BHPian

Default Re: Take 3 - 2009 Royal Enfield Thunderbird (Ownership Experience)

You guys might be wondering why this post of mine is related to the tools I have acquired recently when this is an ownership thread for the motorcycle I own. But to tell you the truth, this decision of buying a toolkit was taken up mainly due to two reasons A) I always liked playing around with tools as a kid, mostly tearing things apart and B) I wanted to start working on my bike to get to know how to maintain it better and the latter is the reason why owning the bike led me to owning some tools as well.

Till some time ago I had great faith in the mechanics that I sent my bike for repair to but never so much in the service engineers and that is because of their inability in identifying the problem mentioned and tracing out its root cause. Secondly, I thought that the mechanics working on the bike have little knowledge of how a particular thing that they have fixed changes the riding experience for the owner and this may be due to the fact that the mechanics hardly ever get to own and ride the bikes (long term) they fix due to the limitations of their income in our country which is rather unfortunate.

Fiddling with stuff here and there and feeling the change it has brought about in the bike is something which I wanted to delve into to better understand the machine and to become adept in maintaining it.

So this selection of tools were bought through flipkart and there is more to come...
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 20:38   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
You guys might be wondering why this post of mine is
Aren't those the 1/2" square drive socket set with ratchet and extensions. How much did it cost you and are they of the make Taparia ?
regards adrian
adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 10:30   #48
Tgo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Aren't those the 1/2" square drive socket set with ratchet and extensions. How much did it cost you and are they of the make Taparia ?
regards adrian
Things that I bought:

10 pc Screw Driver set - Stanley - INR 454
6-32mm ring spanner set - Taparia - INR 1303
6-24mm Socket 1/2" drive (24 pcs) - Stanley - INR 2362
1.5-12 mm Allen Key Set - Stanley - INR 204
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote