Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd March 2012, 17:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Limited edition White & Red Yamaha R15 : The search ends & the fun begins!

I am planning for a 150 kms ride to alleppey today.Have crossed my 700 km barrier which was restricting me below 5000 rpm.I will get my first service done at the end of this 150 kms and then after back to TVM i would be crossing the 1000 km barrier also.So when back in TVM all barriers would be oppened.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 12:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Limited edition White & Red Yamaha R15 : The search ends & the fun begins!

My Second long trip after purchase-First free service

I started off to Alleppey on sat morning,took the first stop near kollam after almost 60 kms.In another hour i was at home almost 60 kms from there.After a quick breakfast i started off to the service center and reached there by 11 am.The service manager was there promptly and he took note of the handle bars which had to be changed under warranty as it was discolored while taking the delivery itself.By around 2 pm they took the bike for a thorough wash after which they had compressed air cleaning.Now the bike was ready to start the service.After the oil change and filter change it was all check for deficiencies like coolant ,brake fluid,chain tightness,lights etc.They had the brake light switch for the rear brakes adjusted,head lamp focus adjusted as per my request and the chain adjusted.They started to change the handle bars after this.Again they had a wash and wipe of the bike,and it was ready for delivery.In the mean time they had the original insurance papers also delivered.The cost of service was 820 Rs.The Kms covered on the Odo was 845 kms.

I started off back to home almost 50 kms away.Had an opportunity to touch 117 kmph on a decent stretch of road and the bike was rock steady and was urging for more.

After one full day at home i decided to start back to tvm on Sunday evening 8PM.I wanted to check the lights also and the traffic would also be less in nights.
So was on the bike at 8 pm sharp and it was a lazy ride for almost 25 kms.Then i started opening my throttle freely and it was amazing(maybe for me)through the traffic.The power was just enough to zip past slow moving busses and lorries.Reminded me of the Verna days.I once again touched 115 kmph and was back at Tvm by 10.30pm.2.5 hrs and dinner in between(20 min for that) was a great.I reached 1000 kms just 4 kms away from home and by that time fuel indicator started blinking.The light adjustments were doing wounders while overtaking and the pass switch had a good role to play in such situations.

So it was 290 kms in 6 Lt's.Mileage of 48 kmpl is decent efficiency in my opinion.

Have taken a few snaps which will be uploaded soon.
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote