Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 18th June 2015, 17:36   #181
BANNED

Default Re: KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Guys need to change rear tyre on my duke. There is some thread left but its losing air in 4-5 day, pressure falls yo 20-22 level from 32. Got it checked and there were two very small puncture. What should I get ? Need a tyre which is tougher, not much bothered about the grip as road are in bad shape where I mostly use my bike.

I forgot to update, found a solution for malfunctioning switch gear WD40, every 3 months or so I use it and so far working flawlessly. Chain is making some noise, will change in next service if required.

Bike has done about 18k kms, have to give it for service in next 500kms.
Finally changed the rear tyre with same stock MRF. Bought the tyre from snapdeal.com for rs34xx/- as locally it was not available, and one place it was available were quoting very high. Installation was really tough, i removed the rear tyre and got the tyre replaced in nearby shop but fixing the tyre back on was a nighmare .
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 13:26   #182

Hi Rahul,

I recently purchased the Duke 200 last month in chennai. And it is almost a month now & so need to go for first free service. (even though completed around 900+~ kms only. Not touched the 1000km mark yet.)

1. Any advice on which center to go with ? (I am thinking of West Mambalam Jai autos as it is the nearest with distance less than 500 mts.)
2. How long do they take to provide the service ?
3. Any points that i should be aware of (or) take note of before giving it to service ?

Advance thanks
KartAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 15:43   #183
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartAttack View Post
Hi Rahul,

I recently purchased the Duke 200 last month in chennai. And it is almost a month now & so need to go for first free service. (even though completed around 900+~ kms only. Not touched the 1000km mark yet.)

1. Any advice on which center to go with ? (I am thinking of West Mambalam Jai autos as it is the nearest with distance less than 500 mts.)
2. How long do they take to provide the service ?
3. Any points that i should be aware of (or) take note of before giving it to service ?

Advance thanks
Hey, congrats on the bike.

There is nothing much done on first service so you can go to any service center. I have never been to mambalam service center so cant comment. The mechanic at adyar service center is really experienced and if you face any particular problem which you are not able to diagnose then you can go there. But the service advisor is really rude, i wanted to use more colorful word . I have been to mount road service center and the mechanics don't have any experience and parts availability is also poor. Again you can go for routine service.

For first few service, i used to wait in the service center, they took around 4-5 hours, morning 8 to afternoon. Now with increased no of bike you might have to wait longer.

Make sure to tell them about scratches and stuff. Adyar service center scratched bikes tank and mudguard in service, it was a minor scratch but still. Tell them to mention the oil type in job card, whether you want to use synthetic or mineral.

Update on the bike - Have changed the front tyre too, again with the stock MRF one. Bought it locally for 2.7k. Looks like need to change the battery also as something the display goes blank while cranking.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 14:22   #184

Thanks Rahul.

I spoke to Jai Autos customer care who eventually put me through to the service manager and he told me to drop in by coming Wednesday for the free service. As per him, it may take a day for the service to complete. When i asked him if he could look at some earlier time slots, he said they are a lot of dukes waiting already . I thought there are not much dukes on the streets of Chennai, but was surprised by his response.

On a side note,
1. Any reason why you did not go for the german metzeler upgrade (apart from cost factor) ? And did you change the battery yet ?
2. I am also looking to purchase a chain lube oil - either 3M & Motul. Are you currently using either of these by any chance ?
KartAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 14:48   #185
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartAttack View Post
Thanks Rahul.

I spoke to Jai Autos customer care who eventually put me through to the service manager and he told me to drop in by coming Wednesday for the free service. As per him, it may take a day for the service to complete. When i asked him if he could look at some earlier time slots, he said they are a lot of dukes waiting already . I thought there are not much dukes on the streets of Chennai, but was surprised by his response.

On a side note,
1. Any reason why you did not go for the german metzeler upgrade (apart from cost factor) ? And did you change the battery yet ?
2. I am also looking to purchase a chain lube oil - either 3M & Motul. Are you currently using either of these by any chance ?
Go to the service center early morning and you might get the bike by noon.

Ya cost was one of the reason and for city use i never felt the need for more grip. you have to be little careful while opening the throttle mid corner, sometimes it looses traction. These days i am not able to use the bike much so didn't wanted to spend on metz.

I am using motul chain cleaner and chain lube, every 300-400kms i clean and lube the chain.

Havent changed the battery till now, will get it done next week.
Old 10th February 2016, 11:23   #186
BANNED

Got the battery changed, exide for 2350rs. Got 100rs for the old battery. Now the bike is working fine, there is problem with the clock on the display. Whenever i try to set the clock it resets to 01:00. Anyone know what could be the problem ?
Old 11th February 2016, 09:46   #187
BHPian

What is the frequency of ASS visit incase of Duke other than regular services? One guy tild me that chain sprocket lasts around 6 to 7 k kms and tyres need to be replaced with new within 15 k kms. Of course these things do depend on individual ride patterns.
roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2016, 11:57   #188
BANNED

Apart from regular service my bike has gone to service center twice, just for broken mirror replacement. Chain and sprocket was changed at 17.7k kms and stock tyres also lasted 18k for me. It all depends upon your riding style.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2016, 12:03   #189
BHPian

Thats good to hear. Yes surely I depends on individual riding pattern. So going ahead with it now
roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:51   #190

I have a quick question. Is the seating position of the bike good enough for a long ride? I and a couple of friends are considering doing a Kanyakumari to Leh ride in June and we are considering buying this bike. Would it be advisable to get this or something like a cruiser, like the Bajaj Avenger??? Please advise.
dilipmuralidara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 17:34   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipmuralidara View Post
I have a quick question. Is the seating position of the bike good enough for a long ride? I and a couple of friends are considering doing a Kanyakumari to Leh ride in June and we are considering buying this bike. Would it be advisable to get this or something like a cruiser, like the Bajaj Avenger??? Please advise.
No issues at all in this bike. You can easily ride all day long and still be ready to stretch a bit more. If your friends are only using this for their Leh ride, they can rent a bike and use it.

Compared to the other bikes, you will reach the destination faster and the kms you ply can save you a couple of days in the hills where you can take it gentle and enjoy the real world out there.
unk9ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 19:21   #192
BHPian

@Rahulkool The people at KTM Adyar hasn't improved much. I went through quite an ordeal in getting my Duke delivered on the promised date. Post delivery, the insurance had wrong engine number and address. I had to keep nagging the people at Jai Auto for a whole month to get things done. Everything was put in right place after 2 revisions.
Getting to the point, have you been to the service centres at Mogappair and West Mambalam? The people at Adyar somehow doesn't look convincing enough.
Vignesh_N/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 13:48   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post
@Rahulkool The people at KTM Adyar hasn't improved much. I went through quite an ordeal in getting my Duke delivered on the promised date. Post delivery, the insurance had wrong engine number and address. I had to keep nagging the people at Jai Auto for a whole month to get things done. Everything was put in right place after 2 revisions.
Getting to the point, have you been to the service centres at Mogappair and West Mambalam? The people at Adyar somehow doesn't look convincing enough.
i had a very bad experience with ktm mugappair. My advise is simply avoid that place at any cost.
nitninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 14:45   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
i had a very bad experience with ktm mugappair. My advise is simply avoid that place at any cost.
Finding a proper service centre to get my bike serviced is proving to be a nightmare these days. V care Bikes at Guindy does a good job (I doubt if they do KTM). But they charge quite a premium even for commuter bikes. For time being it Looks like I will have to stick with Adyar.
Vignesh_N/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 15:03   #195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post
I have never been to those service locations so can comment. I have put my thoughts on two service centers in the post #183.