Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd September 2012, 15:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default re: KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up

Got the 2nd free service done today @3500kms as it was already 30days past the date. Got the engine oil and filter changed. Fuel filter was also changed.
Total bill 292rs
1400 for 2 ltrs of Motul 7100,only 1500kms since last change but planning to do 5000kms this time, i got the oil from outside but now this oil is also available in the service center.

so far full marks to Bajaj for service, got the bike back in 3 hours. There wasnt any complain just side stand was getting loose every now and then. Just because of service my next buy will be biased towards Bajaj.

Name:  7920384320_44ac8d4ce5_c.jpg
Views: 4418
Size:  489.0 KB
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 12:05   #107
Senior - BHPian

Guys facing one problem on my Duke. If i redline the bike in any gear and ride in range of 8500-10500 range for few secs and then let go the throttle bike stalls. It will not idle properly for 1 minute or so and after that runs perfectly fine. Has anyone experienced the same ? This problem i have experienced few times and thot as one off incident but recently i tried 2-3 times and stalling problem happens always. Here i am not talking about the stalling problem which happens when you ride slow, in my case if you leave the throttle it dies. Even if you try to start without any throttle input it won't start.
Old 12th September 2012, 21:44   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Guys facing one problem on my Duke. If i redline the bike in any gear and ride in range of 8500-10500 range for few secs and then let go the throttle bike stalls. It will not idle properly for 1 minute or so and after that runs perfectly fine. Has anyone experienced the same ? This problem i have experienced few times and thot as one off incident but recently i tried 2-3 times and stalling problem happens always. Here i am not talking about the stalling problem which happens when you ride slow, in my case if you leave the throttle it dies. Even if you try to start without any throttle input it won't start.
Might want to go check with the service guys..could become a dangerous situation. although i have had friends say that at 10500 rpm there is power cut off, the power is back in a few seconds once the rpm drops.
twinblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 21:54   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Might want to go check with the service guys..could become a dangerous situation. although i have had friends say that at 10500 rpm there is power cut off, the power is back in a few seconds once the rpm drops.
cut off is there @ 10500rpm. but in my case if you leave throttle engine won't idle. Like you did a high speed run and stopped engine won't idle for few minutes and after that it runs just fine. was just wondering if anyone else is facing this problem.
Old 13th September 2012, 11:15   #110
BHPian

Quote:
cut off is there @ 10500rpm. but in my case if you leave throttle engine won't idle. Like you did a high speed run and stopped engine won't idle for few minutes and after that it runs just fine. was just wondering if anyone else is facing this problem.
Nope, no problem with mine... I hit the rev limit almost everyday on a particular stretch of road in 3rd or 4th... never had that problem that you mentioned. Also never faced any issue with engine going off either. <touch wood>
wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 12:07   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Nope, no problem with mine... I hit the rev limit almost everyday on a particular stretch of road in 3rd or 4th... never had that problem that you mentioned. Also never faced any issue with engine going off either. <touch wood>
Thanks for confirmation man, i guess have to get it checked at service center. Considering the nature of the problem it will be very difficult to replicate, unless you have good roads to redline her. Any one has any email/nos for higher up in bajaj, someone with technical knowledge about duke ?
Old 13th September 2012, 13:35   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for confirmation man, i guess have to get it checked at service center. Considering the nature of the problem it will be very difficult to replicate, unless you have good roads to redline her. Any one has any email/nos for higher up in bajaj, someone with technical knowledge about duke ?
Rahul, I've PM'd you.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 14:36   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Rahul, I've PM'd you.
Doc/Rahul - do you see the need to go higher up with this? I would simply take it to the service station and have it looked into. The service engineers are trained enough to look into the issues and if you are not satisfied with their service, then you could go higher up.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 16:41   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Doc/Rahul - do you see the need to go higher up with this? I would simply take it to the service station and have it looked into. The service engineers are trained enough to look into the issues and if you are not satisfied with their service, then you could go higher up.
Hi Shubz, i wanted to talk to someone from Bajaj because if they have faced some problem like this before it will rectified lot easier. i feel with FI it will be very difficult to diagnose the problem. Also its very difficult to replicate the problem as you have to find road free enough to redline the bike. I don't see any harm in sending just one email, isn't thats why customer care is there :-)
Old 13th September 2012, 17:13   #115
Senior - BHPian

Shubz, there is not harm in speaking directly to the person in charge.

Bajaj encourages it as it keeps their upper levels in the thick of things and not cut off from what's happening on the ground.

Its also their job.

And when you speak to someone who looks after issues on an all-India level rather than a city or regional level, both of you benefit from a more holistic picture.

After all these are still early days and a learning curve for all of us.
Old 13th September 2012, 17:31   #116
Senior - BHPian

@ebonho, thanks a ton again for giving the contact info.

Bajaj really amazes me with their service attitude. Within 10 mins i got a reply on my email and call from Bajaj engineer in next 30 mins. I have been told to be rest assured, problem will be taken care of in service center. I have never seen such prompt response. Will be taking the bike to service center on monday or tuesday.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 17:34   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ebonho, thanks a ton again for giving the contact info.

Bajaj really amazes me with their service attitude. Within 10 mins i got a reply on my email and call from Bajaj engineer in next 30 mins. I have been told to be rest assured, problem will be taken care of in service center. I have never seen such prompt response. Will be taking the bike to service center on monday or tuesday.
Bajaj is truly a business case study of customer service and centric-ness where the customer is truly King - and the company is a biking partner and not just manufacturer sitting in Ivory Towers.

Kudos Bajaj. Thank you for not disappointing.
Old 13th September 2012, 19:11   #118
Senior - BHPian

I do not disagree with both you. my point was just the same - Bajaj service has improved by several notches now. More with the KTM bikes on road.

I am sure Rahul would've got the same level of service/attention even if he had approached the SVC

I was subtly singing praises of Bajaj when I said - don't have to go UP the level

Rahul - Do keep us posted on their findings.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 19:33   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I do not disagree with both you. my point was just the same - Bajaj service has improved by several notches now. More with the KTM bikes on road.

I am sure Rahul would've got the same level of service/attention even if he had approached the SVC

I was subtly singing praises of Bajaj when I said - don't have to go UP the level

Rahul - Do keep us posted on their findings.
Hey Shubz, Actually it wasn't a regular issue neither listed there in any of the ownership reviews on the forum. Going to the service center won't have helped much as it has to be tested by Bajaj engineer who is going to be there only on monday. Otherwise i would have to be left the bike in the service center and it is very difficult for me as service center is far away from my home. Anyways the contact Doc gave me was equally enthusiastic in listening about the problem and solving it :-)
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 16:22   #120
BHPian

Here are some problems that we, KTM users, are facing:

1. Engine dies on leaving the throttle.
2. Higher idling speed after idling from a high rpm
3. Petrol leaks from the tank
4. Notchy ear shift between 1 and 2

Maybe we can start a "KTM Problems and Solutions" thread...
wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote