Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2015, 16:47   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
...diesel (or even kerosine) to clean those stubborn grime marks and then use car shampoo to clean off the diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
1. Diesel
2. Petrol; easier method will be to use it as a spray, especially in the corners
3. Gyeon Bathe+ shampoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
...So I suppose diesel it is, cheap and effective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I use Surf Excel. I guess any other detergent will work.
Thanks for the recommendations. Guess Diesel it is - cheapest option.

That Gyeon Bathe stuff costs a bomb
Old 27th August 2015, 20:09   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
That Gyeon Bathe stuff costs a bomb
Lasts for 20 washes for a car size like Civic; bikes...will turn to rapture.

Quote:
Pls try Pril, will work like charm, you'll love it
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 21:08   #303
Senior - BHPian

Gents,
Sorry for the mass quote. I tried searching this thread but couldn't find a response - what is a recommended drop-in replacement for the OEM headlight bulb? Its quite nice but its not confidence inspiring for 100 kph runs. Definitely lesser than my Swift's Osram SilverStar bulbs!

Is there any 60/55W equivalent LED bulb which can be replaced / installed to increase the light output without stressing the electricals?

Quote:
Quote:
Several ways...
1. Diesel
2. Petrol; easier method will be to use it as a spray, especially in the corners
3. Gyeon Bathe+ shampoo (available at Greenzcarcare online or Bangalore), but this one need slight rubbing, not to the extent of exercising though
Quote:
Guys, not sure how to clean the gunk from the alloys. Someone here had posted a way to clean the alloys but I seem to have missed it. Was it suggested to use diesel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Yep! You can use diesel (or even kerosine) to clean those stubborn grime marks and then use car shampoo to clean off the diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM440 View Post
At 12000 km you're bike should have undergone shim adjustment for the valves, please ensure our is done. It was recommended by the technician at Ananda Honda, Bangalore. And you're service manual suggests the same. Also replace the oils and grease the chain after cleaning it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
nbk,

Not related to the thread . Tried getting in touch with you , but no PM facility and you choosing not to be contacted through email (I had flagged this issue with the administrators too but no reply as yet) led to me posting on this, hoping that you'd read it. Had a few queries on CBR, you being an owner & in my vicinity. Could you call me on 25694164(O- Delhi) Alternatively a message via mail through the user cp on teambhp would do the trick.

Cheers !

Apologies for the inconvenience

Cheers !
Old 8th November 2015, 21:10   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Is there any 60/55W equivalent LED bulb which can be replaced / installed to increase the light output without stressing the electricals?
Philips Xtreme Vision and Osram NightBreaker +.

EDIT: Just noticed you mentioned LED. 60W LEDs will be overkill. You get 10W LEDs which provide more than sufficient illumination. Check with redlineplus.in.

But of course, these will not go down well in terms of warranty.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 8th November 2015 at 21:13.
Added_flavor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 21:20   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Philips Xtreme Vision and Osram NightBreaker +.

EDIT: Just noticed you mentioned LED. 60W LEDs will be overkill. You get 10W LEDs which are perfect. Check with redlineplus.in.

But of course, these will not go down well in terms of warranty.
OK. NB+ it will be then. I gave away a pair of XV after going next to zero visibility in heavy rains during a recent drive to Chennai.

I mentioned LED because they are simply more efficient. I also meant drop-in, i.e a bulb that presents the same resistance to the electrical system as the 60W bulb. Long back a friend with the P220 had electrical issues because he was running a 35W HID. Hence was wondering whether there are new LED bulbs which can solve this issue.
Old 8th November 2015, 21:24   #306
BHPian

Quote:
OK. NB+ it will be then. I gave away a pair of XV after going next to zero visibility in heavy rains during a recent drive to Chennai.

I mentioned LED because they are simply more efficient. I also meant drop-in, i.e a bulb that presents the same resistance to the electrical system as the 60W bulb. Long back a friend with the P220 had electrical issues because he was running a 35W HID. Hence was wondering whether there are new LED bulbs which can solve this issue.
Xtreme Vision is more yellowish than NB+ and hence is better in dark + rainy conditions.

Speaking of LEDs, I would always have them as an addition to the 60/55W halogen and not as a replacement.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 08:04   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what is a recommended drop-in replacement for the OEM headlight bulb? Its quite nice but its not confidence inspiring for 100 kph runs. Definitely lesser than my Swift's Osram SilverStar bulbs!

60W LED will certainly get you abuses & attract cops for sure; IMHO, avoid LED as they throw white light which scatters away especially in rain, its only a menace.

In addition to changing the stock 60/55 watts which members have recommended above, I've one addition thing to say - add LED lights as aux lights which only consumes like 2 X 15 watts & don't stress the battery. And buy ONLY IP67 rated (dust & water proof) & possibly CREE, which is expensive, but does the job perfectly as advertised.

And yes, please go for Xtreme vision than Osram NB+; having used both of them, Osram NB+ is good until there's water on road, after that, its a disaster, but never felt this bad with Xtreme vision due to the yellow tinge in it.

Last edited by aargee : 9th November 2015 at 08:05.
Old 9th November 2015, 11:02   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
60W LED will certainly get you abuses & attract cops for sure; IMHO, avoid LED as they throw white light which scatters away especially in rain, its only a menace.

In addition to changing the stock 60/55 watts which members have recommended above, I've one addition thing to say - add LED lights as aux lights which only consumes like 2 X 15 watts & don't stress the battery. And buy ONLY IP67 rated (dust & water proof) & possibly CREE, which is expensive, but does the job perfectly as advertised.

And yes, please go for Xtreme vision than Osram NB+; having used both of them, Osram NB+ is good until there's water on road, after that, its a disaster, but never felt this bad with Xtreme vision due to the yellow tinge in it.
Hi,

I think you got my query wrong - when I ask for LED - I'm looking for LED lights which are yellowish (4700K?) in the stipulated light range only. I hate white LED lights.

I'm not buying XV or NB+ in that case. That takes me back to LEDs.

Do you have any link to any such CREE based lighting setup? I have the details of Doc Arn's setup but that is too extreme for a day to day setup, and requires significant time investment and access to good facilities.

I have a couple of CREE lights myself, but they are frankly good enough only for 40-50 kph (not good enough throw / spread) and have horrible run-times. When new I would get 3.5 hours in the best case at full illumination.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by phamilyman : 9th November 2015 at 11:03.
Old 9th November 2015, 13:37   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when I ask for LED - I'm looking for LED lights which are yellowish (4700K?) in the stipulated light range only. I hate white LED lights
Did I get it wrong? Well ok then, please send me the link if you find any spec of 4700K yellowish LED lights, 'cause I'm looking one such light to buy for last 4 months. TIA.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 16:33   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did I get it wrong? Well ok then, please send me the link if you find any spec of 4700K yellowish LED lights, 'cause I'm looking one such light to buy for last 4 months. TIA.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-illegal.html - the need is for 4300K lights.

I was hoping for something on these lines, but available in India:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-CR...371901611.html

3000 lumen high beam - that would be awesome!

But i've seen many chinese 1000 lumen flashlights which look comparable /worse to 200 lumen big brand lights. Hence asking for firsthand info.

PS: Do we have a thread like this : http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...odules.948701/
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 08:42   #311
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How are the first impressions like? How many kilometers? Loving it?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 16:59   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How are the first impressions like? How many kilometers? Loving it?
Loving it indeed, but little time to take it out on the highways.

It is just like I originally expected - a super high quality super-karizma, really refined and has punch in every gear. Its not shockingly fast, but its like a hot knife through butter when it comes to putting traffic behind in the rearview mirror.

Just done 103km in a week (20km today for registration). Will take it for a long ride next weekend and then things should become more fun.

I found the suspension a bit stiff for my liking - will adjust that soon. In the pulsar I never really slowed down for speed breakers - just braced myself. Here i slow down to 15-20 kph tops. Not liking that much!

oh and yes, in bumper to bumper traffic, I've stalled it 3-4 times, but other than that, its quite tractable and will hum along at 6-7 kph without throttle in 1st.

Thanks for recommending!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 20:46   #313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

oh and yes, in bumper to bumper traffic, I've stalled it 3-4 times, but other than that, its quite tractable and will hum along at 6-7 kph without throttle in 1st.

Thanks for recommending!
That is nothing, you will get used to it.

It is fun to ride as well & decently fast. Just get rid of those tires whenever you can and it will be more fun & agile.

Keep us posted
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 18:28   #314
Senior - BHPian

Fellow CBR 250R riders, need some help.

I'd changed the OEM battery a few months back. I'd bought an Amaron and then switched to Exide due to some issues with the battery dealer. As long as the bike is being used every day, it is fine. But when I leave it idle for a week even, I am unable to start the bike. The battery runs out of charge. I have checked the bike and it charges the battery fine. Is some short circuit or faulty wiring making the battery lose charge when idle?

It is irritating having to jump start the bike each time.
Old 10th December 2015, 19:52   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But when I leave it idle for a week even, I am unable to start the bike. The battery runs out of charge. I have checked the bike and it charges the battery fine. Is some short circuit or faulty wiring making the battery lose charge when idle?
For sure there's something wrong; the last I started my CPR before yesterday was somewhere in end November due to Chennai floods & relief operation. The bike started fine without a hitch & this is a 37000+ Km run used battery.

Here's something I would advice if your charging unit is fine...
- Remove the battery from bike & place it on a wooden plank
- Check the voltage everyday around the same time, say like everyday 8:30 PM & note down the reading
- In a week's time the reading should not come down to less than 11 V or so, if it does, issue is with battery

Also pls confirm the manufacturing date of your battery
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks