Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th April 2012, 14:12   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: TVS launching a new bike. EDIT : It's the Apache Facelift

Was this face lift needed TVS? I am sure if a poll is put up, any one would vote for yes

And while at it, please sue the designers responsible for this aghast version. They have completely lost it. A big *thumbs-down*
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 11:09   #62
BHPian

Default re: TVS launching a new bike. EDIT : It's the Apache Facelift

HH DNA Unleashed! Come on TVS, you build a tribe for 5 years and do this!??
After releasing so many firsts on the Apache, the market anticipated a hard core update. This hideous crayon work can earn only infractions from the fans. Thumbs down TVS!!

Last edited by five46 : 27th April 2012 at 11:14. Reason: Typo.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 13:48   #63
BHPian

Default Re: TVS launching a new bike. EDIT : It's the Apache Facelift

autogadget: APACHE RTR 180 2012

Another colour in white, looks like Old Apache on heavy steroids .... it somehow reminds me of the bug eyed Yamaha Fazer which was launched somewhere in early 2000s.

Seriously speaking, I am not a fan of the Pulsars but its really appreciable what bajaj is doing. They are launching the 200NS which looks awesome and the 220 is also such an attractive package which is high value for money.

The Yamaha R15 2.0 has the true race bike feel to it too. Whilst Honda's are good in their own ways, not too exciting but doing well in the sedate format.

So its obvious that now it was the turn of Suzuki and for TVS to bring up something mind boggling.

Don't know whats suzuki coming up with but Tvs has surely boggled the mind in all the wrong ways. The Apache brand was the one I was excited about, that it would seriously be a contender for a good product.

Last edited by The Great : 28th April 2012 at 13:49.
The Great is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 14:07   #64
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guess the TVS top management was smoking grass when they approved this face lift; the USP of this face lift being the LED parking lights. With competition lifting the bar so high, TVS should have rolled out something special.

I had a friend working for TVS earlier and the kind of market study they do is amazing, but i guess there is too much data for them to get any meaningful information and make a marketable product out of it.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 21:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Is this facelifted carried over to the 160 also?Or is the 160 available in the old design,which IMO looks way better!
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 23:23   #66
Senior - BHPian

I have never felt happier, owning the Apache RTR 160 for over 3 years Ha! My bike would now be considered a Classic! I know the competition was pushing and testing the egos of TVS for quite sometime now. While TVS was lying dormant, ever since the RTR came out, I thought they were seriously working on the next Gen Apache. Actually we did hear news about them working on a 250cc bike sometime back. But I really never thought they would be asleep, only to wake up late and desperately come up with this face-lift! I am sorry TVS, but you have really put me (and your fans) down now!
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 13:14   #67
BHPian

TVS is racing its way down to irrelevance. I had a huge respect for their Apache RTR product line - NVH at higher RPMs was their weakness, but RTR actually had a 'rawness' which had to be appreciated. The way they came up with Apache after their Victor was super appreciable.

I was expecting something decent, if not ground-breaking from TVS. I think this is the root cause of all disappointment. I don't think we'd all be this disappointed if this came from Hero Honda.

A severe market drubbing will make them rely from the slumber and laxity.
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 18:27   #68
BHPian

This is not face lifted but face tilted!! Congrats to Venu and team for making a not so good looking bike a complete ugly piece of junk on road! Guys out there riding the current generation Apache, are in for treat! Resale value is bound to go up!! Looks more like a grown up Suzuki Zeus!! pathetic!
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 20:00   #69
BHPian

I guess when Hero and Honda split, they fired their designers and TVS hired those blokes. The bike looks like the designer fell asleep at the drawing board.
Dr.Awesomeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 06:33   #70
Senior - BHPian

It seems that the new model has been launched. New TVS Apache RTR launched. They are reporting a styling update alone. And that too on both the 180 and 160. They could have at least spared the 160.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 21:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

The bashing is over and the bike has hit the roads. As much as it was criticized, the red and black dual tone I spotted a few days ago definitely was eye catching!
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 11:30   #72
BHPian

Thumbs down Re: TVS launching a new bike. EDIT : It's the Apache Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
The bashing is over and the bike has hit the roads. As much as it was criticized, the red and black dual tone I spotted a few days ago definitely was eye catching!
the bashing and the popular trend following of Team BHP
SJD@NewDelhi is offline   Reply With Quote