Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 14:21   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 1,050 Times
Default New Bajaj Discover coming soon

Bajaj Auto is gearing up to launch a new Discover. According to the website, Autocar, Bajaj plans to sell it along side the current Discover range.

Here is the link: SCOOP! Next-gen Bajaj Discover spy pics - News - Autocar India

The highlight of the scoop is that the bike sports a gas charged mono shock at the rear, a segment first.

The design looks quite similar to the Pulsar 135LS. Can it be that Autocar is mistaken and it is an updated P135?
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 14:55   #2
BHPian
 
TaurusAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai - MH 01
Posts: 521
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: New Bajaj Discover coming soon

How many discovers and how many pulsars does it take Bajaj to be sick of the brand ?

But seriously, cant they come up with some other names ? Or they are not confident enough to introduce new products in the market fearing rejection ?

Last edited by TaurusAl : 20th April 2012 at 14:56.
TaurusAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 16:27   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nasik / Mumbai
Posts: 427
Thanked: 592 Times
Default Re: New Bajaj Discover coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
How many discovers and how many pulsars does it take Bajaj to be sick of the brand ?

But seriously, cant they come up with some other names ? Or they are not confident enough to introduce new products in the market fearing rejection ?
At least all Discovers are different from all Pulsars AND all Discovers are also different from the other Discovers. Its not like:

Set 1: Dawn, Spendor +, Splendor NXG, Passion +, Passion Pro
Set 2: Super Splendor, Glamour
Set 3: Hunk, Extreme
Set 4: FZ, FZ-S, Fazer
Set 5: Crux, Alba, YBR110

Where each set has the same chassis + engine + state of tune + gearbox + gear ratio combination below their clothes. Whats the point of different names for things which are essentially the same?
antz.bin is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 16:43   #4
BHPian
 
vinair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 497
Thanked: 877 Times
Default Re: New Bajaj Discover coming soon

Just look at those mud guards!! three in total!!! Looks totally out of the place!! Sad to see Bajaj trying to over do things, when people today love, simple, uncluttered designs!!
vinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 21:17   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 1,279 Times
Default Re: New Bajaj Discover coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The design looks quite similar to the Pulsar 135LS. Can it be that Autocar is mistaken and it is an updated P135?
Unlikely, the P135 features clip-on handlebars, split seats and a digital speedometer to justify the 'LS' tag the bike carries. This has none of the 3. So yes, my bet is still on a new Discover. As far as the rear gas charged mono shock goes, good going from Bajaj. A segment first, again the competition is left playing catch up. But yes, it's about time our Indian manufacturers become a little imaginative with the nomenclature of their products.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 21:58   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 1,050 Times
Default Re: New Bajaj Discover coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Unlikely, the P135 features clip-on handlebars, split seats and a digital speedometer to justify the 'LS' tag the bike carries. This has none of the 3. So yes, my bet is still on a new Discover. As far as the rear gas charged mono shock goes, good going from Bajaj. A segment first, again the competition is left playing catch up. But yes, it's about time our Indian manufacturers become a little imaginative with the nomenclature of their products.
Thanks to point out. Hadn't noticed it when i had a hurried look. But the design being so similar to P135 made me think so. The radical P135 design will look good on the new Discover range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Just look at those mud guards!! three in total!!! Looks totally out of the place!! Sad to see Bajaj trying to over do things, when people today love, simple, uncluttered designs!!
Sure enough the mud guard looks out of place but the overall design looks good. IMO P135 was a good design and the new Discover is based on the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
At least all Discovers are different from all Pulsars AND all Discovers are also different from the other Discovers. Its not like:

Set 1: Dawn, Spendor +, Splendor NXG, Passion +, Passion Pro
Set 2: Super Splendor, Glamour
Set 3: Hunk, Extreme
Set 4: FZ, FZ-S, Fazer
Set 5: Crux, Alba, YBR110

Where each set has the same chassis + engine + state of tune + gearbox + gear ratio combination below their clothes. Whats the point of different names for things which are essentially the same?
Quite agree. Bajaj is honest enough to name the similar bikes under the same brand. Recently I read somewhere that Rajiv Bajaj plans to keep the Boxer brand as an entry level brand, Discover as an executive brand and Pulsar as the sport brand. Rest of the brands will be phased out(Platina?).

I guess Bajaj is planning to place this model as a premium offering in the executive segment and it may push the existing range to the entry-level segment, while phasing out the Platina range.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 23:56   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 1,279 Times
Default Re: New Bajaj Discover coming soon

I believe all bikes which are meant to be 'fast' in Bajaj terms will carry this design now. I remember an ad for the Discover from fairly recently which almost wanted people to believe this machine could do 100+ speeds with ease. So now that they're trying to brand their bikes as 'fast', I guess they're also trying to design them based on the same layout on their current fastest in the lineup, the 200NS. Whose rear is also largely based on the P135.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bajaj Auto launches new Discover 125M CARDEEP Motorbikes 2 8th March 2014 23:31
New Bajaj Discover 100M coming up on 15th October, 2013 CARDEEP Motorbikes 4 15th October 2013 21:46
Bajaj launches new Discover 100T @ Rs.50,500 ex-showroom Delhi CARDEEP Motorbikes 6 14th August 2013 19:55
Bajaj Auto launches new Discover 150 at Rs 46,000 aargee Motorbikes 16 26th January 2011 17:09
Bajaj Discover 135 - All new with Digital Console etc blue_pulsar Motorbikes 2 18th August 2008 02:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks