Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd February 2016, 18:46   #556
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II launched in India for KTM Bikes!

Mods - apologies for the back to back posts. The edit window had expired. Please merge. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Yes Sir. This is what the Goa dealer messaged me today morning. I think it is an introductory price or something
Could you please double check with him? Not doubting you but I have a feeling the dealer may have had his Diablos and Demons mixed up

The prices seem bang on for what a Sports Demon would retail for. If the pricing for the Rosso is what you say its going to be, what would the Demons be sold for? And the cheaper Sport Dragons would then have to retail well below the price of an MRF. I just dont see that happening

But, if I am wrong, I most certainly will just pick up a pair and stock it before the prices go north

Again, thanks for sharing the info bud
Urban_Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:25   #557
BHPian

CEAT working with Perelli and Metzler both in India? Their web page is showing tyres from both the brands.
dchahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 00:09   #558
BHPian

Default Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post
CEAT working with Perelli and Metzler both in India? Their web page is showing tyres from both the brands.
Just sharing some points with my conversation with a tire shop owner who stocks Ceats, Pirellis and Metzelers. Pirellis are available in several stores these days and 4 different product ranges are there (refer to my post on the last page of the Motorcycle tires thread). If the local warehouse has it in stock, you will get it within a day or so (at least in Bangalore). If you want something that isnt available immediately, then the dealerships cant guarantee when they can get you the tire but they will place the order for you and wait for Pirelli to send it to them. I dont really know if Pirelli has done one big round of imports and is waiting to gauge market response before steadying their supply chain but my suggestion would be to go pick them up at the 'introductory prices' if you are keen on the tires.

And yes, Metzeler was acquired by Pirelli in 1986.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 13:28   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Just sharing some points with my conversation with a tire shop owner who stocks Ceats, Pirellis and Metzelers. Pirellis are available in several stores these days and 4 different product ranges are there (refer to my post on the last page of the Motorcycle tires thread). If the local warehouse has it in stock, you will get it within a day or so (at least in Bangalore). If you want something that isnt available immediately, then the dealerships cant guarantee when they can get you the tire but they will place the order for you and wait for Pirelli to send it to them. I dont really know if Pirelli has done one big round of imports and is waiting to gauge market response before steadying their supply chain but my suggestion would be to go pick them up at the 'introductory prices' if you are keen on the tires.

And yes, Metzeler was acquired by Pirelli in 1986.
What are the introductory prices? Do you have any idea about the standard prices?
dchahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 14:26   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Sir,

Would the price of the 110/70 Front go up considerably post the 'introductory price' period?

I'm contemplating changing the front right away if that's the case, rather than wait until it starts looking like a semi-slick.
MavericK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 15:02   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post
What are the introductory prices? Do you have any idea about the standard prices?
For the 100/90-18, the front was around Rs 5.x K and the 130/70-18 rear was around Rs 6.x K which I felt was quite reasonable. Im not sure about the prices of the others, let me check if I am passing by the store soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post
I'm contemplating changing the front right away if that's the case, rather than wait until it starts looking like a semi-slick.
Cant say boss, even dealers arent sure on long term consistent availability of stock since the Pirelli Ceat partnership is just getting off the ground. I would suggest you pick it up if its readily available.
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 17:41   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the 100/90-18, the front was around Rs 5.x K and the 130/70-18 rear was around Rs 6.x K which I felt was quite reasonable
Which tyre are the prices for? Sport Demon?

Also, I feel these posts should be moved to the motorcycle tyres thread. This info is applicable to a much larger audience than 390 owners

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 24th February 2016 at 17:58.
Old 24th February 2016, 18:31   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Which tyre are the prices for? Sport Demon?
Absentminded I have become, I forgot to mention that I was referring to Sport Demons and those were the corresponding prices.

If someone has specific requests for tyre sizes and availability, please call Sreekanth T at 080-25521797. This is the Wheels on Line store on 80 Feet Road in Koramangala.
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2016, 13:31   #564
BHPian

Default Re: Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!

Hello Riders,

Yesterday spotted a new RE Classic 350 with CEAT tyres both Front and Rear!
Tyres Fr. 90/90 - 19
Tyres Rr. 110/90 - 18

RE seems to have moved on from the MRF Nylogrip Plus rubbers.

Looked up CEAT website to locate the tyre model (zoom plus) for the 18" & 19" sizes but it's not updated yet! Anyways more options for RE owners to select street tyres from.

Cheers,
surjaonwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 18:07   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Mods - apologies for the back to back posts. The edit window had expired. Please merge. Thanks!

Could you please double check with him? Not doubting you but I have a feeling the dealer may have had his Diablos and Demons mixed up

The prices seem bang on for what a Sports Demon would retail for. If the pricing for the Rosso is what you say its going to be, what would the Demons be sold for? And the cheaper Sport Dragons would then have to retail well below the price of an MRF. I just dont see that happening

But, if I am wrong, I most certainly will just pick up a pair and stock it before the prices go north

Again, thanks for sharing the info bud

Triple checked with the Goa dealer. Metzeler M5 Interact 150/60-17 Costs 6600INR and the updated price (post introductory) for same spec Pirelli Diablo is 6350INR. Mind you these tyres are H speed rated (210kph max) unlike the OEM ones that are W rated.

Last edited by akshayhonda : 3rd March 2016 at 18:31.
akshayhonda is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:53   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Metzeler M5 Interact 150/60-17 Costs 6600INR Pirelli Diablo is 6350INR
I was at KTM showroom in Mumbai today and asked the price of Metzeler pair which they had in stock. The quote was 17000 for the pair. I wonder the reason for such drastic difference in price.
ksameer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 00:19   #567
Senior - BHPian

^^ Totally agree. I too had a similar doubt. Unless tyre sizes are different, the speed rating on tyres is usually the same (for the same make)

Like a Diablo Corsa 140 section has a lower speed rating than 150. But I dont know if two 150 section Diablo Corsas could have a different speed rating. Curious
Old 8th March 2016, 15:02   #568
BHPian

Okay guys here is the real deal why the newly launched Metzelers M5 Interact and Pirelli Diablo Rosso II are priced so less.

The speed rating of the newly launched tyres is H (<210KPH) as compared to higher speed rating of the OEM fitted M5 on Duke/RC 390. Also the new tyres are are Made in China as compared to the Made in Germany for M5 Interact.

Hence the reduced price

Attaching pics of available tyres along with their speed ratings. Source: CEAT Website

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  19.6 KB

Name:  Untitleda.jpg
Views: 1840
Size:  21.1 KB
akshayhonda is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2016, 01:03   #569
BHPian

Default Michelin Pilot Street Radial - Is a 2015/ 2016 model available?

Have been looking for Michelin Pilot Street Radial 140/70-17 rear tyre for my CBR 250R. All the dealers I have approached in Delhi have confirmed that they have only the 2014 models available with some hinting that the distributor won't release 2015 or 2016 stock till the inventory of his 2014 tyres are finished.

Does it happen like that?

Is this a problem elsewhere too?

Just wondering.

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 12th April 2016 at 01:05.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 18:57   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
I am looking for a replacement tyre for my Fiero. At present, I have a rear Bridgestone 110/80R18 tubeless (I have alloys - front and rear),
What alloys are you using? I am in the process of picking up a Fiero or Fiero F2 which come with 18" Spoked wheels.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote