Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th June 2014, 17:38   #106
Default Re: Which 150cc Motorcycle?

Originally Posted by HorsPwr View Post
Woff!! Test rode the P15, Unicorn, and GS150R, but also had a look at Yamaha SZ-S.

Here are my observations
1. Unicorn: Stable, adequate power, smooth, refined, sober -

Guys, I need to book it by tomorrow. Please help me make a decision.
If you like the Unicorn , go for it . It has a better service network than Suzuki. Hassle free ownership experience guaranteed. I am not saying suzuki is bad . But Unicorn is a proven bike no doubt.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2014, 17:51   #107
Senior - BHPian

The Unicorn has been around for too long, its like the Splendor of 150cc bikes, everybody buys it, its a no-brainer

If you are a little adventurous and do not mind the low resale value then the Suzuki is the one to go for, its got good big bike feel, it feels like a 250cc and is solid, you can call it a 150cc Bullet if you know where I am coming from

If you have time, check out the Apache and also the CBZ Extreme. The CBZ was 'the' 150cc to buy in its time, now you get the same Unicorn engine in a more flashy package with 5 years warranty
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2014, 21:07   #108

Guys, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I only had a look at the Yamaha SZ-S, but couldn't hold back and had to stroll down to Perfect Motors on Lalbagh Road. I initially was utterly confused with the range of bikes that Yamaha had to offer, but a little sedate time and I could recognize the differences.

Got a chance to get hands on SZ-R, a mid launch, between SZ-S and SZ-RR. I have been test riding since today morning, but this one was the best, at last, I got a feeling of sitting on a "bike" Now, I am confused again. But I loved the SZ-S/SZ-RR.

I guess, I have one eye fixed also on the maintanence/misc. costs that I might have to incur at later point. Yamaha users, please advise.
HorsPwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 10:15   #109

Hi! If the SZ has given you the best feel then I suggest you go for it.

Owning a Fazer, I can say that even after 4 years the bike still performs brilliantly.

It won't be a hassle free experience, there will be minor niggles occasionally. But then this depends on several parameters like riding style, service intervals, road conditions, etc.

The maintenance costs will be on the higher side when compared to a Hero or a Honda though.

Verdict: if you're looking for a no nonsense bike go for the Honda while if you need a bike with 'the feel' look no further than the Yamaha.
AbhishekE is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote