Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th June 2012, 16:57   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Biking in this extremely hot Summer?

Well, my friend and I did a 1000 mile ride in four days, covering Kerala and TN. The weather was a mix of sun, rain and not snow, but very cold conditions.

To cope with it, we used a Quechua fleece jacket worn under thinner jackets (read windcheaters). Jeans was the norm definitely and gloves were Cramster.

My main gripe during commute is the fact that I tend to sweat a lot even when I wear some basic riding gear. By the time reach office, I need a healthy break before reaching my desk. I've placed an order for a riding jacket recently and am worried about the excessive insulation it might provide. Also thinking of buying new gloves, specifically DSG Revive. Any suggestions as to how I can reduce this excessive sweating? And yes, the jacket is a Joe Rocket Nova 2.0 which is rain resistent and has some good ventilation systems.
tejus.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 17:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejus.s View Post
Any suggestions as to how I can reduce this excessive sweating?
Check this out. They have the regular cooling vests and cooling vests with hydration packs built in. I have no experience with this product as yet.

I have information that a similar such product is due to be introduced in the market in sometime, exact time frame is unclear at the moment.

Cooling vests keep the rider cool for a couple of hours at least, generally for about 4-5 hrs.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 21:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Check this out. They have the regular cooling vests and cooling vests with hydration packs built in. I have no experience with this product as yet.

I have information that a similar such product is due to be introduced in the market in sometime, exact time frame is unclear at the moment.
Thanks Aditya, they look interesting. Will check them in detail and see they are a feasible option!
tejus.s is offline   Reply With Quote