Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2014, 15:34   #136
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ernakulam
Posts: 1
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Hey Hillram. Your yellow Wasp looks beautiful with the new outfit.
I just got myself a white Vespa Vx, and wanted to get whitewall inserts for the same. But I can't seem to find a site online to buy the inserts.
Can you help me out and show me a link to the same?
asifsalimdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 16:56   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,785
Thanked: 809 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifsalimdr View Post
Hey Hillram. Your yellow Wasp looks beautiful with the new outfit.
I just got myself a white Vespa Vx, and wanted to get whitewall inserts for the same. But I can't seem to find a site online to buy the inserts.
Can you help me out and show me a link to the same?
Thanks.
You can reach out to : Darryl Menezes , dxmenezes@yahoo.co.uk
He will help you with the whitewall inserts.
Best Wishes.

Last edited by hillram : 14th January 2014 at 17:09.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 16:54   #138
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,629
Thanked: 1,336 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
Hello Hillram
i wanted to Upgrade my sister's Access to Vespa
my main concern is how will the centrally mounted engine behave in a city like Bangalore which has lot of potholes
and also when i drove the vehicle i loved the suspension is it the same even after an year ?
how about the mileage ?
can i know how many kms your yellow wasp has munched till now ?
Did you get the Vespa for your sister?

I would say Dio or so with combi brakes is safer and also I felt Vespa's seat to be taller .
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 12:25   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 413
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

I guess I've asked this earlier on this thread but it went unanswered. All the Vespa riders, where can I find the recommended 'Tire pressure' in the manual? I tried looking for it, found it nowhere. What would be the ideal pressure for a almost 6ft tall guy and 95 kgs? I don't usually have a pillion rider. And my daily commute on Vespa is 40kms.

OT: What sort of mileage are you guys getting?
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 12:55   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
FINTAIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bombay / Poona
Posts: 1,098
Thanked: 1,102 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I guess I've asked this earlier on this thread but it went unanswered. All the Vespa riders, where can I find the recommended 'Tire pressure' in the manual? I tried looking for it, found it nowhere. What would be the ideal pressure for a almost 6ft tall guy and 95 kgs? I don't usually have a pillion rider. And my daily commute on Vespa is 40kms.

OT: What sort of mileage are you guys getting?
On my VX125, I maintain pressures of ~28PSI in the front, & ~32 in the rear. Should suffice. The manual quotes similar values, I believe.

Regards to mileage, I get ~47 KMPL, on an approximate calculation. Has improved after the second service, to ~53KMPL @ 2600 KMS.

Cheers!

Last edited by FINTAIL : 18th March 2014 at 12:58.
FINTAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 13:59   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,785
Thanked: 809 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Im getting an FE of 45kmpl after some 7 servicing sessions, which does not make me happy.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 15:14   #142
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,629
Thanked: 1,336 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im getting an FE of 45kmpl after some 7 servicing sessions, which does not make me happy.
Thats great! You stick to 40-50 on speedo or go beyond that?

My first service was 263Rs. Currently odo is around 1200Kms.
I tried to fill up the tank and that exercise failed since unlike other bikes, theres overflow after a certain mark. A spectator at fuel station show me this while we were busy trying to fill up till brim
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 16:15   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,785
Thanked: 809 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thats great! You stick to 40-50 on speedo or go beyond that?

My first service was 263Rs. Currently odo is around 1200Kms.
I tried to fill up the tank and that exercise failed since unlike other bikes, theres overflow after a certain mark. A spectator at fuel station show me this while we were busy trying to fill up till brim
I stick to 50-60 on speedo.
Never fill Vespa LX to the brim, it overflows badly.I burnt my fingers twice and now wait for the fuel low mark and tank up 5 litres at a time.
Once the petrol bunk chap was amazed when i asked him to fill 6 litres at a stretch .
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 19:30   #144
BHPian
 
kaushik51094's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 52 Times
Smile Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
where can I find the recommended 'Tire pressure' in the manual? What would be the ideal pressure for a almost 6ft tall guy and 95 kgs?

OT: What sort of mileage are you guys getting?
Well, in the LX manual, the tire pressure is mentioned in page 7, so am not sure about the VX manual. It's under know your vespa -> technical specification -> tyre -> tyre pressure. For the LX, the recommended tyre pressure as per the manual is 20 psi (front) ; 26 psi (rear - solo) ; 32 psi (rear - dual). I maintain a constant 22 for the front and 30 for the rear and i ride mostly solo. I'm 5'5" tall and 45 kgs in weight . For recommended tyre pressure as per your weight, i think you should ask your service advisor only. And, the mileage i'm getting is close to 52kmpl (did this at the service center with 100ml quantity petrol, got 5.2kms for that quantity.) And, i'm not someone who rides at 45-55, I have literally ripped off the scooter at highways (where i usually ride) often touching it's top speed. guess, i'm lucky to extract this mileage
kaushik51094 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2014, 12:43   #145
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 413
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
On my VX125, I maintain pressures of ~28PSI in the front, & ~32 in the rear. Should suffice. The manual quotes similar values, I believe.

Regards to mileage, I get ~47 KMPL, on an approximate calculation. Has improved after the second service, to ~53KMPL @ 2600 KMS.

Cheers!
53 KMPL. You sir, are a very fortunate person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im getting an FE of 45kmpl after some 7 servicing sessions, which does not make me happy.
Maybe you'll feel happy after hearing mine: 32 KMPL.
But my home-office-home route is pathetic with crazy traffic (Frazer town to Whitefield in Bangalore). I have to do some off-roading on this beauty (and I don't like it a bit) to cut down on my travelling time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik51094 View Post
Well, in the LX manual, the tire pressure is mentioned in page 7, so am not sure about the VX manual. It's under know your vespa -> technical specification -> tyre -> tyre pressure. For the LX, the recommended tyre pressure as per the manual is 20 psi (front) ; 26 psi (rear - solo) ; 32 psi (rear - dual). I maintain a constant 22 for the front and 30 for the rear and i ride mostly solo. I'm 5'5" tall and 45 kgs in weight . For recommended tyre pressure as per your weight, i think you should ask your service advisor only. And, the mileage i'm getting is close to 52kmpl (did this at the service center with 100ml quantity petrol, got 5.2kms for that quantity.) And, i'm not someone who rides at 45-55, I have literally ripped off the scooter at highways (where i usually ride) often touching it's top speed. guess, i'm lucky to extract this mileage
Thanks bud.
Even I've got the LX model. And dude, eat more. Gain some weight! I'm surprised you don't get beyond ARAI sugested mileage, given you're so underweight!

And luckily, enough for me, today morning there was this another guy with almost similar built who suggest me to keep the tire pressure of Front-28 and Rear-32. Guess this is what I'll stick to now, and get my mileage up!
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2014, 12:10   #146
BHPian
 
kaushik51094's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 52 Times
Talking Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
And dude, eat more. Gain some weight! I'm surprised you don't get beyond ARAI sugested mileage, given you're so underweight!
i know. Thanks for this advice, but, you don't know how much i eat. I hog a lot actually, even my friends are surprised seeing me eat so much, yet i gain not much weight. Even protein intake doesn't seem to have much effect on me! BTW, sorry for going off topic.
kaushik51094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 14:39   #147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Has anybody tried installing a better set of horns on the Vespa? The OE once are pathetic and never helps in Bangalore.

Also is it possible to fit a Hella Red Trumpet Horn?

Vijay
vijay_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2014, 23:05   #148
BHPian
 
kn09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Quote:
Has anybody tried installing a better set of horns on the Vespa? The OE once are pathetic and never helps in Bangalore.

Also is it possible to fit a Hella Red Trumpet Horn?

Vijay
Yes,It is possible to fix aftermarket horns which sounds like the ones on the RE.
Hella Red trumpet horn can be fixed with necessary modifications on the bracket.

Thanks&Regards
KN
kn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2014, 00:02   #149
BHPian
 
kn09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Recently i did an experiment on my vespa and it turned out to be great,let the pictures do the talking.

The whole paint work was DIY and used 6 cans of bosny flat black,one can of red and 4 cans of grey primer.
Attached Thumbnails
My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion-photo-1-4.jpg  

My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion-photo-2-3.jpg  

kn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2014, 09:35   #150
BHPian
 
kaushik51094's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 52 Times
Thumbs up Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn09 View Post
Recently i did an experiment on my vespa and it turned out to be great,let the pictures do the talking.

The whole paint work was DIY and used 6 cans of bosny flat black,one can of red and 4 cans of grey primer.
Woah! That's awesome. Matte black looks amazing and it's a DIY? Looks as good as factory finish i must say. Please post the DIY soon Amazing job!
kaushik51094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1970 Vespa - Restoration of a Wasp! EDIT: Restored Pics on Page 4 hillram Post-War 101 5th May 2017 22:25
Sembra una vespa! - story of a Wasp to Vespa chanu Post-War 56 6th May 2013 00:26
To soup up the Yellow Wasp: '05 Palio 1.9D rohitgaur Modifications & Accessories 0 21st April 2008 22:08
Yellow Wasp:my "new" Palio D Sport rohitgaur Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 22nd December 2007 11:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:25.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks