Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th April 2006, 20:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

i sugges you should go for bullet or avenger
both are comfirtable and looks gud
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2006, 21:40   #17

bro go for honda unicorn, mine is the same case of yours;i share the bike with my dad n after riding the splendor fornearly the same amount of time he is satisfied with the bike.
i would suggest that both u n ur dad take test rides before u buy any bike.
cowiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 09:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by ksethuram
1) Enfield engines are pathetic (very very old technology). You can buy only if you need the bullet thump and good riding posture. You can maintain a M800 and more with the Maintenance cost of a bullet. (Nothing offensive - me too a bullet owner).
2) Yamaha CRM sucks. Forget their bikes... Technologically they are good but they need to improve a lot with marketing and service. Resale is poor.
3) HH - Brand reputation and resale value. - Achiever is good. Have a Test ride.
4) TVS - Good bike to own in Southern India. Even in team-bhp we have been hearing service issues in the north. Test ride the Apache.
5) Bajaj - Good to own for the first 1 or 2 years. After that you will not get parts as your model would be stopped or design would be changed. (Faced with my friend's pulsar classic, Wind and Calliber).
6) Honda - Unicorn engine is the most refined in the segment. Test ride this.

If you are not concerned about the look's or image go for the high end Star City.
Otherwise have a test ride of Apache, Achiever, Unicorn and decide. Having ridden all three, i would rate Apachee above others.
1. agree with you but Nothin wrong with giving your bike proper maintainence. Its still one of the most comfortable bikes in India.

2. marketing and service are not poor they are just about average. lets not exaggerate. I always had fights with my pulsar being faster or my neighbour's yamaha rx135 but lets not bash them unknowingly.

3. hero honda bikes are .......ok. I dont have any good things to say but I dont have any bad things to say either.

4. Agree with you cent percent. their hold on southern market is better than in Norther market.

6. can you please elaborate which part for the pulsar classic is not available? While my pulsar 180 classic is sold my cousin is still using one and has not faced any problems yet.

7. Yes it is a good bike and comfortable too but the good things end here.

Looks like you are a honda fan. their bikes are good but not the best. I would just say one thing. forget everything, go out and test drive those bikes yourself.

that's the best way to decide.

I had a different scenario to tackle. I had an lml adreno. my dad needed to drive a 2-wheeler sometimes and even my sis would need the only kinetic honda we had. So I got myself a pulsar. LmL adreno for me is the one of the most comfortable bikes I have driven.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 22:20   #19
Smile thanks for your advice

im was almost confused but now after some cool discusion im planing to get unicorn. I managed to get few bikes frm my friends and made my dad ride them and he was much comfortable with unicorn madurai has one of the worst roads in tamilnadu but unicorn had good suspension so it did made a smooth ride .pulser was too heavy and the disc was very sharp the bike also looks very cool but not suitable for my good old dad he was not comfertable with those disc break. Achiver and the Discover was good but i dint like it since it dint have good engine performance.the appatche was good but my dad felt that it would not be suitable for him.i dint like yamaha cause not even one was good .so wat do u ppl think abt unicorn is it good.
samybravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 11:37   #20

Hey Samy,

U can go for the new bike TVS apache which my friends uncle purchased who is bit old and he says that he is quite comfortable with this bike.
bike_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 13:33   #21

Me think ,my friend you should go for A Honda Unicorn ...
It Is the best option of all.
Take care !
storm162 is offline   Reply With Quote