Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 18th August 2012, 08:22   #16
BHPian

Default Goa's Transport Minister extends Helmet rule to all Goan roads

Transport minister Ramkrishna 'Sudin' Dhavalikar appears set to implement the "helmet for rider and pillion rider" rule on all types of roads in Goa within 15 days.

Link Here

I think this is a brilliant initiative, and should definitely be implemented on a full fledged basis. After a freak accident a few years back, I always wear a helmet wherever I go, and encourage others to do the same. I am very happy on reading this, and sincerely hope that it comes it is realised soon.

What are your opinions/views on this?
swarnava.m is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 08:08   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Goa's Transport Minister extends Helmet rule to all Goan roads

Just got back from Goa last night, where I hired a bike as always. Been going there since college and almost always use a bike when I'm there; a bike is simply the best way to get around Goa. I've seen the Goa cops get a bit strict about helmets, but that's mainly around the Panjim area. Around the main North Goa tourist areas (Baga, Calangute) and around Palolem, I've not seen any enforcement of the helmet rule.

I think it's a great idea to enforce the helmet rule, but I'd also like to see them make it a rule for bike operators to provide full-face helmets with each bike. The helmets they usually provide are a joke.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 08:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Two important follow-up actions required for this to be really successful

1. The police enforce this all over the state rigorously, by means of checking or fines or whatever gets it going.
2. The bike rentals do provide two helmets when they give out the bikes for rent - I doubt outsider travelers like us would take the pains to go and specifically ask for/buy a second helmet there.
ninjatalli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 20:54   #19
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team-bhp support: Thread closed. Please continue your discussion in this thread. (Goa: Helmets must for pillion rider)
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote