Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 19th April 2006, 12:14   #1
Arrow Wonders of Bullet Electra

Very recently I have got a new Enfield electra 5S with electric start. Would like to hear about its pros and cons... the care I have to take... The love I have to give... And the wonders it has done... All the members who love bulleteering can take part... And those who think bullet is not just nuts and bolts... who belive that bullet is having its own personality and character...
johnsonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 12:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Bullet in Indian motorcycling history is never just nuts and bolts. One motorcycle that India has grown up with. I have also grown up with many bullets in my family. My uncle was a small time collector and at one time he had 7 beauties in his garage in different shapes.

I have ridden a 1968 model KRO (Kerala) registration one. I had tough time climbing on the seat which is high for me due to my short stature. After several attempts and instructions from my uncle, checking the ampere meter, started it. Kick start was much simplier than my RX-100. Once it starting moving, it was a breeze. Believe me it even went at a very low 5kms speed in top gear. Heavy crank.

New bullets - I have ridden the thunderbird. Just hoped on it. Pressed the self button and zoom. Vibrations came at 65kms/hr.Still pushed till 90kms. Wow!!! at that speed, I felt like king of the road. I left behind a Ikon, a zen and a Libero to eat my dust.

I guess these bikes require a lot of care and affection to maintain them in ship shape. Enfield have been known for their pathetic quality and servicing. I know people who have reassembled the entire bike just 2 days after buying it just to ensure it works fine. Heard a lot of cases where the shock oil seals break in a few months.

Newer Bullets have much lesser parts than the old ones. Much lighter now. Some riding comfort might be lost. Still the best cruiser available in india barring the Aquila.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 12:43   #3

I am also back to my everloving bike after long 6 years (Fed up of using diff Japs During this time). I own a Mach Mar 2006 with twin seats and leather saddles. :-)
sreerajunnithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 17:27   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Lucky one. I used to ride an A350. Its another breed of bull. HAd two silencers . Sold it after I bought teh Avenger. The Electra 5S was launched one month or so after I bought the Avenger :(

Keep it neat Bulls should be neat.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 22:54   #5

dude, a bullet has always been and will always be "owner's pride".

From the few Indian bikes I have owned, for me ,the bullet comes second only to the RD350......

Great going !!! Enjoy the ride fellow bulleteer !!!
BiKz-R-LifE is offline   Reply With Quote