Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 8th February 2013, 21:09   #46
BHPian

Default re: Pulsar 200NS - Update, 2.5 years & 9,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
My rough calculations indicate mileage between 35 and 40.
Hi All P200ns owners out there ,
I want a frank review of the bike which has done more than 5K KMS.
I have heard and read worse nightmares about P200ns owners who have clocked higher mileage in them.
Vibrations, harshness from the engine. mileage reduced.
Main thing Ė speed attained at an RPM earlier demands a higher RPM to reach the same speed and same gear.
All that im worried about is the engine, gear box its refinement and long term reliability.
want to know about the niggles apart from the tyres.
A bunch of biking enthusiasts in Chennai waiting to grab the 200NS after confirmation.
Any news about Bajaj launching a new version 200NS with EFI , that you heard in the showrooms or SVCs ? or at least an updated 200NS engine wise to fix the 3 spark plug tuning issues.
pour in ur inputs, experiences and inferences please.

I had posted the same query in Preetam's thread but I would like to hear from you about how the bike is so far.
revv_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2013, 23:54   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmessiah View Post

Another same story! My bike's horn is quite meek as opposed to the one on my bro's. Ha ha! I know that dialogue! Are you a Malayalee settled in Bangalore? Where's your hometown in Kerala?

Enough with my rants. Nice pics there! Good choice of color too. Congrats again, have a good time riding and be safe!
Hey dude , can you share your ride report for all these months and what I should expect from P200NS and I dont want to be surprised or shocked.

Thanx.
revv_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 09:44   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Hi All P200ns owners out there ,
I want a frank review of the bike which has done more than 5K KMS.
I have heard and read worse nightmares about P200ns owners who have clocked higher mileage in them.
Vibrations, harshness from the engine. mileage reduced.
Main thing Ė speed attained at an RPM earlier demands a higher RPM to reach the same speed and same gear.
All that im worried about is the engine, gear box its refinement and long term reliability.
want to know about the niggles apart from the tyres.
A bunch of biking enthusiasts in Chennai waiting to grab the 200NS after confirmation.
Any news about Bajaj launching a new version 200NS with EFI , that you heard in the showrooms or SVCs ? or at least an updated 200NS engine wise to fix the 3 spark plug tuning issues.
pour in ur inputs, experiences and inferences please.

I had posted the same query in Preetam's thread but I would like to hear from you about how the bike is so far.
Initial batch of bikes seemed have a few people complaining about tuning related issues which in turn led to vibrations and over heating. I have cleared 2000kms on the bike in 2 months. There is mid vibrations on the handlebars once you cross 4000 RPM which remains till the end of the Rev Range. I have heard that there is EFI version being sold abroad.
I normally wait for a year before I buy a vechile but since there were so many forums where people have cleared 10,000kms and not complaining too much about harshness and things like that, i decided to buy the bike. There was detailed article on another forum by testers who were given this bike to run around the country and the kind of riding they did would have brought any issues in the engines.
Use of Better Engine Oil also help with engine smoothness. I am Waiting for my 2nd service before i change the oil to a brand like MOTUL or SHELL.
twinblades is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 15:10   #49
BHPian

Amba Bajaj @HSR Layout gave a test drive vehicle and it stopped 1 km into my test drive. Reason - No petrol

Pushed the bike back to showroom, and the staff told they put enough petrol in the morning. My test drive was at 7 PM. Asked what is enough - Rs 50 worth of petrol.

No apologies from them for any of these mistakes. The proprietor was busy handling other customers. Cant believe such things also happens.
arjithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 15:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Amba Bajaj @HSR Layout gave a test drive vehicle and it stopped 1 km into my test drive.

No apologies from them for any of these mistakes. The proprietor was busy handling other customers. Cant believe such things also happens.
Friend you shouldnt be put off by all these nonsense from the showroom. If you love the bike go ahead buy it. Showrooms will always have a lax attitude and that shouldnt be the cause of settling for something less enjoyable. Just get the bike that you want. There are good svcs who will take care of your ride so nothing to worry.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 09:22   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Amba Bajaj @HSR Layout gave a test drive vehicle and it stopped 1 km into my test drive. Reason - No petrol Pushed the bike back to showroom, and the staff told they put enough petrol in the morning. My test drive was at 7 PM. Asked what is enough - Rs 50 worth of petrol. No apologies from them for any of these mistakes. The proprietor was busy handling other customers. Cant believe such things also happens.

Buddy, if you want a ride, hit me a PM, I will give you a TD!
Saying this since you went to AMBA HSR, which is where I bought my bike.
The proprietor there is useless anyway, a father son duo who doesn't know there business!

There is a nice burly looking guy called Sandeep and the SVC people are exceedingly well mannered, but they are not much knowledgeable.

The SVC manager is Srinivas, he is a good guy, he asked the mechs to work on my bike, for about 3 hours but did not charge me a paisa except for the cost of the brake lock clips which had come off after my ride to Tirupati (12 rupees) I offered to pay the service cost, but he refused. A true gentleman.

Truth be told, if you are willing to base your opinion of the bike based on the attitude of the personnel, you haven't fallen in love yet!
preetam_KORG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 17:14   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Hey dude , can you share your ride report for all these months and what I should expect from P200NS and I dont want to be surprised or shocked.

Thanx.
I'm sorry if my post was misleading, but I own a CBR250, not a P200NS. I did seriously consider buying the P200NS while I was in the market for a new bike. It seemed like a great choice for the money. Ultimately, I went ahead to buy the CBR after a LOT of research (took me more than a year just for making the decision).

My bro bought an Avenger and it has its share of niggles- a gearbox that is sub-par and really spoils the whole package (even an Enfield's gears were better in comparison), conked tail light and brakes that bite hard and lock easily. However, those are model specific issues and I hope that the new P200NS is free from such gremlins. Irrespective of the manufacturer, know your service centers beforehand for a pleasant ownership experience.

Sorry that I wasn't of much help- hope that the earlier posts by other members have cleared up your doubts.

Last edited by evilmessiah : 24th February 2013 at 17:17.
evilmessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 13:52   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Had kind of forgotten that I had a thread on my Pulsar NS. Just came across it again and hence thought will provide a quick update

Bike is now 2.5 years old. It has just crossed 9000 km. Not a high usage as the primary use is for my office commute and other needs within Bangalore.
When I purchased it, I had grand plans to go on long rides. That has not happened till now. I keep thinking and hoping.

The positives
  • Feel it is a good balance between a powerful bike and a regular commuter bike. It can be used (like i mostly use it) as a point a to b commuter bike.
  • At the same time, it has enough power and torque to surprise most vehicles around you. Kind of a hidden beast ( 23.5 Ps @ 9500 rpm and a healthy torque of 18.3 Nm @ 8000 rpm). The power to weight ratio of 162 PS/ton and torque to weight ratio of 120 NM/ton ensure that you get excellent acceleration.
  • The power and acceleration has been really helpful on Bangalore Roads, especially roads like the Outer Ring Road where traffic moves quite fast in many stretches. Frequently bigger vehicles (especially cars) come to your tail and try to intimidate you to give way (when I am casually cruising at permissible speeds). A quick gear drop and a twist of the accelerator means you are away in a flash. One can comfortably keep up with the general speed of traffic.
  • Anywhere I need to go alone, I take the bike. Have not felt tired or fatigued even after long within city drives
  • Brakes are very good.

Negatives and Issues
  • Feel that the bike has not really opened up. Not very free revving. I think this is mostly due to the way I have ridden it and also considering it has spent all its time within city limits.
  • Gear shifts are not very precise.Frequently face issues in dropping multiple gears smoothly. Need to get it checked.
  • Have had starting trouble a few times with no apparent reason. Detailed in below thread. After implementing the suggestions, it has happened only once. But still a worry. l
  • Recent Issue: Feel a temp loss of power when accelerating. It is for an instant. Again something to get checked.
  • Turning Radius is very poor. Been stuck at sharp U Turns with fellow bikers honking away wondering why I am not proceeding.
  • The pillion comfort is ok. But not ideal. This is something expected.

Overall I think it is the perfect bike for me.Serves my day to day purpose but at the same time is sporty enough when needed. The niggles mentioned are something that I need to take care of.

Any suggestions from experts on a good NS Service Center which can take a good look at the bike and do a good overhaul to take care of the issues. The authorized service center experiences have been average.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 26th March 2015 at 13:57.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 11:56   #54
BHPian

Update from my end. 2 Years old, done 24000 Kms. Engine is a little rough. In need of a complete service. I have a lot of vibes from the tank and front console. There is no issue with the bike as such.

I have been a little rash on the bike with lot of revving between 7000 - 9000 RPM. So far the engine has not complained. getting about 34 Kmpl. Taking it to Popular Koramangala next week for a complete service. Still running on stock chain/sprocket.

I find popular service @ Koramangala to be better than the others.(Probably might be due to the fact that i know a service person there quite well)

Sticking to engine oil change interval of 5000 Kms on stock Bajaj DTSI 10000.

Regards

Last edited by octy9833 : 27th March 2015 at 11:58. Reason: updating the post
octy9833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 20:52   #55
BHPian

Default Re: Pulsar 200NS - Update, 2.5 years & 9,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy9833 View Post
Update from my end. 2 Years old, done 24000 Kms. Engine is a little rough. In need of a complete service. I have a lot of vibes from the tank and front console.
Sticking to engine oil change interval of 5000 Kms on stock Bajaj DTSI 10000.

Regards
The stock bajaj oil is a pain at anything over 1500kms.
With that kind of revving , you definitely need to switch to a good quality synth or atleast a semi synth oil.
coldice4u is offline   Reply With Quote