Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2012, 11:58   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,116 Times
Default Honda CBR 250R - 2013

New colors introduced, but technically it's all the same. Personally, I find the color schemes little exciting though

More info here - http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cbr250r/colors.aspx
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 12:12   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

The Repsol color option is not available with the ABS one. Red looks great
Attached Images
    
jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 12:44   #3
BHPian
 
bullet-tooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 76
Thanked: 20 Times
Smile Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

All these colours looks great compared to the current colour options. I personally like the full black colour. Any news on when it will be launched in India.
bullet-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 13:35   #4
BHPian
 
vroomsome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 84
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

the Repsol color scheme looks brilliant. Is there a difference between the current red and this one? Cbr 250s on a roll
vroomsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 14:04   #5
BHPian
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 160
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

Black looks fantastic. Although I like the current Red/silver than the new Full red one.
Any news on engine / feature list update?

I would be disappointed if the upgrade is just limited to colors.
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 15:07   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,116 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Any news on engine / feature list update?
As stated on my post above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
I would be disappointed if the upgrade is just limited to colors.
Unfortunately, there's nothing to get disappointed because no manufacturer upgrades technically (unless there're flaws) on a 2 year old motorcycle engine. There're quite few manufacturers who feed on half decade old products or more, so compared to that, this isn't much disappointing
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 15:21   #7
BHPian
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 160
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
As stated on my post above


Unfortunately, there's nothing to get disappointed because no manufacturer upgrades technically (unless there're flaws) on a 2 year old motorcycle engine. There're quite few manufacturers who feed on half decade old products or more, so compared to that, this isn't much disappointing
But there can be some improvements on the existing package. The Instrument cluster / tail light / Engine tuning can be changed after 2 years in market.
This will see the product shining for few more years.
Unfortunately thats just my view
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 17:37   #8
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 941
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
As stated on my post above


Unfortunately, there's nothing to get disappointed because no manufacturer upgrades technically (unless there're flaws) on a 2 year old motorcycle engine. There're quite few manufacturers who feed on half decade old products or more, so compared to that, this isn't much disappointing
I agree. However, with the upcoming launch of KTM DUke 350 at a stipulated 'rockstar' price (under 2 lakhs), don't see too many 'neutral' buyers putting money on this one. By neutral I am referring to the buyers who don't have any specific preference (for a naked, sports, tourer, cruiser)but a stipulated budget.

I think time for Honda to up the game in the engine department as well.
Abhi_Automobile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 18:11   #9
BHPian
 
vroomsome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 84
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile

I agree. However, with the upcoming launch of KTM DUke 350 at a stipulated 'rockstar' price (under 2 lakhs), don't see too many 'neutral' buyers putting money on this one. By neutral I am referring to the buyers who don't have any specific preference (for a naked, sports, tourer, cruiser)but a stipulated budget.

I think time for Honda to up the game in the engine department as well.
completely ghee shakkar statement. I say bring on the cbr400 to combat the evil duke 350;-)
vroomsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 19:06   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,116 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
with the upcoming launch of KTM DUke 350
Saar...why're you getting mixed up with two different segments? 250 & 350 are two different segments. IMHO, Honda might already have a toned down version of twin CBR 400 for new Ninja 400

Anyway, it's about the 2013 CBR 250R
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 19:40   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 222
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Saar...why're you getting mixed up with two different segments? 250 & 350 are two different segments.
Going to go a bit OT, but having seen this sentiment about not comparing bikes from different segments expressed several times on several threads, I'd just like to point out something:

Yes, it may not make sense to compare bikes from different segments from a technical and marketing aspect, but from the PoV of someone like me, not very technically sound, just looking for an exciting bike that's as different from the daily ride as possible, and has the budget for only one such bike, it does make sense to compare such different bikes from the angle of "which is the best one that I can afford?!" Viewed from such an angle, it does make "sense" to compare a CBR and a Ninja, a P200 and a Duke, a Ducati and a Harley perhaps!

Just my 2 cents, bike gurus will probably find it silly, but I think this represents a lot of people who don't necessarily have the know how of what a bike "segment" even comprises.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 19:55   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,116 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Going to go a bit OT...have the know how of what a bike "segment" even comprises.
I hope OT here means OFFTOPIC

No one restricts, enjoy yourself, if that gives you pleasure, comparing even a S1000RR & CBR 250R
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 01:41   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 941
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Going to go a bit OT, but having seen this sentiment about not comparing bikes from different segments expressed several times on several threads, I'd just like to point out something:

Yes, it may not make sense to compare bikes from different segments from a technical and marketing aspect, but from the PoV of someone like me, not very technically sound, just looking for an exciting bike that's as different from the daily ride as possible, and has the budget for only one such bike, it does make sense to compare such different bikes from the angle of "which is the best one that I can afford?!" Viewed from such an angle, it does make "sense" to compare a CBR and a Ninja, a P200 and a Duke, a Ducati and a Harley perhaps!

Just my 2 cents, bike gurus will probably find it silly, but I think this represents a lot of people who don't necessarily have the know how of what a bike "segment" even comprises.
Exactly. For e.g a buyer like me will also look for the best possible bike within 2 lakh (coz that's the max I'd like to spend on my bike). It's a case of maturity of a market. Indian market is nascent and thus you'll see many such 'cross shopping between segments' type of deals in the near future. Once people know what they want, the buying pattern will become much more streamlined. That only happens once you experience many such bikes. I don't see too many folks having such experience in the near future.

Also, I generally think that people down south are more 'bike savvy' whereas the people up north are more 'car savvy'. So, maybe the buying pattern in Bangalore may be different than in Delhi. If for e.g one of my cousins had to put that kind of money on a bike, the'd rather buy another car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I hope OT here means OFFTOPIC

No one restricts, enjoy yourself, if that gives you pleasure, comparing even a S1000RR & CBR 250R
Well, I'd welcome a CBR400 type of bike though (the one you mentioned earlier).
Abhi_Automobile is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 10:35   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomsome View Post
completely ghee shakkar statement. I say bring on the cbr400 to combat the evil duke 350;-)
Now that would be something wouldn't it?!!!! Is this based on some info doing the rounds or biker daydreaming?

Indian bikers do need a segment (maybe even 2) between the current 250s and 650s.

The 350 and 400 would slot in nicely. So would the 450s .....

The Repsol version looks yummy. Will compete with the Duke in the bling stakes for sure! There will be an orange flood on our roads. Maybe Fanta could latch on .....
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 14:04   #15
BHPian
 
vroomsome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 84
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

definitely day dreaming about the cbr400r. the only mention of this bike is in a Korean bike magazine. however, it seems 2013 is gonna be a delicious year for desi bikers with the quarter liter plus bikes from duke, yamaha, Suzuki and tvs.
vroomsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda CBR 250R Review aargee Motorbikes 605 27th June 2017 02:45
Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review mantrig Motorbikes 267 7th March 2017 06:23
2014 Honda CBR 250R shares design with the recently unveiled CBR 300R JayPrashanth Motorbikes 6 25th October 2013 17:21
Honda CBR 250R Police Edition showcased JayPrashanth Motorbikes 5 9th October 2013 11:22
CBR 250R or CBR 600F2 sharad_kmc Superbikes & Imports 8 14th March 2013 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks