Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 14th September 2012, 22:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: *Rumour* - Hero to phase out Ignitor, Maestro and Impulse

Folks, I don't think this is true. I saw an ad for Maestro today evening on Sony TV during KBC.
Old 14th September 2012, 22:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps the MD of Hero Crop would have been quoted out of context by ET. Shut it and Forget it.

Last edited by rajeev k : 14th September 2012 at 22:53.
Old 14th September 2012, 23:21   #18
BHPian

Some media folks really dont bother to get the facts right before they hit publish.

Its nothing like that. As expected from a newly launched product, hero is actually increasing the production.

Autocarindia Link
Old 14th September 2012, 23:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yes - this link says otherwise - http://www.autocarindia.com/News/315...roduction.aspx
Old 2nd February 2013, 12:51   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Whatever it is, I believe Ignitor is the biggest blunder that Hero has made. Even a baby can tell that its a complete lift-off of the stunner. It has nothing to offer better from the Stunner...sorry, I won't buy an Ignitor over the stunner just for that digital console. Its another matter that I would any day prefer an analog console & analog gauges, but this move of Hero has completely destroyed its image, whatever remained after its split from Honda. We had heard that they have invested hundreds of crore rupees for new R&D facilities?? R&D for what?? Stripping graphics from Honda bikes to paste their own decals? Is this the only result of their R&D?? Hero has lost all respect from my side. Zero Creativity.

Another question, what hero gained from this scam? Nothing. Absolutely nothing, just lost. An informed buyer will always go for the Stunner. 1. Because, Honda is undisputed & by far a reliable/ better choice. 2. Unless one wants to be termed driving a stunner rip-off.

C'mon, there was a same bike in the market by a much better manufacturer, why do we need a rip-off for the same price?

& I will always swear by a Honda which has always done that R&D; rather can crying patriotism and going for Hero Ignitor.

Last edited by saket77 : 2nd February 2013 at 12:52.
Old 2nd February 2013, 13:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Another question, what hero gained from this scam? Nothing. Absolutely nothing, just lost. An informed buyer will always go for the Stunner. 1. Because, Honda is undisputed & by far a reliable/ better choice. 2. Unless one wants to be termed driving a stunner rip-off.

C'mon, there was a same bike in the market by a much better manufacturer, why do we need a rip-off for the same price?
Those people who are ill-treated or not treated at all, by the high-handed Honda showroom sales staff and those people who need to wait to get a service appointment from Honda service Centres, may opt for ripped off products.
Old 2nd February 2013, 13:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Whatever it is, I believe Ignitor is the biggest blunder that Hero has made. Even a baby can tell that its a complete lift-off of the stunner. It has nothing to offer better from the Stunner...sorry, I won't buy an Ignitor over the stunner just for that digital console. Its another matter that I would any day prefer an analog console & analog gauges, but this move of Hero has completely destroyed its image, whatever remained after its split from Honda. We had heard that they have invested hundreds of crore rupees for new R&D facilities?? R&D for what?? Stripping graphics from Honda bikes to paste their own decals? Is this the only result of their R&D?? Hero has lost all respect from my side. Zero Creativity.

& I will always swear by a Honda which has always done that R&D; rather can crying patriotism and going for Hero Ignitor.
Why are you saying its a rip off or a scam - they licensed it. All this technology has been paid for by Hero - Honda clearly is comfortable giving away its technology for a price - maybe the buyers of Honda products have more ego than the company itself has.
manolin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 14:44   #23
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Why are you saying its a rip off or a scam - they licensed it. All this technology has been paid for by Hero - Honda clearly is comfortable giving away its technology for a price - maybe the buyers of Honda products have more ego than the company itself has.
Nope mate. i think you are interpreting it in a wrong way. Hero got the required license from HONDA and they can sell it as they like. but will it add any value to the brand HERO? No. because many know that its a copy of a Honda product.

Honda is liable to give the technology till this year end or next year. once done, honda wont let Hero use not even a single nut of theirs.
There is an advantage to Honda from this deal too.
-Since their split, Honda has increased the royalty amount twice(if i am not wrong)
-Hero will feel comfortable with Honda's tech. Once the time runs out of Hero's hands, Honda can take the lead.
This is how, honda is luring Hero by giving technology. Once hero runs out of time, they would be out of business too.

By the deadline, i think Hero shouldn't use anything of Honda's tech. Also Honda has reached the #2 Spot in india so they wont let Hero use it too.

If Hero couldn't come up with a good engine, then They should give the #1 spot to Honda. So they are investing on R&D.
Old 2nd February 2013, 15:23   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Nope mate. i think you are interpreting it in a wrong way. Hero got the required license from HONDA and they can sell it as they like. but will it add any value to the brand HERO? No. because many know that its a copy of a Honda product.
Precisely the point I was trying to make. Hero can use Honda's tech until 2014, AFAIK...but that should be used only for a smoother transition by Hero Motocorp. I really don't admire Hero for using this time frame to pull off a bike like Ignitor. Legally & technically, if Ignitor can be produced, that's another issue but the time which Hero should use for developing its own R&D and create a good new image in minds of its customers, all it did was to pull off this? It severely dampens the hope of customers on Hero's creativity & long term reliability issues, which Hero must prove, esp. in its initial days.
This certainly creates a doubt and people DO perceive that Hero cannot do things on its own without the Honda?? Now whether that's true or not, only time will tell since Hero still has to come up with its indigenous product range.

@riteshritesh: This is always sad to know that how some short-visioned showroom & ASC guys think about themselves & treat their customers. If the product is successful, other showrooms & service centers will definitely come up in the city/ town. Once the competition kicks up, I am glad that customers have the final say! Another matter that its not only applicable to Honda but many other brands too. Also, I will not settle for anything other than my vehicle of choice just because of the attitude of people selling it. I will surely try getting it from another dealership but definitely not change my decision! After all, its the vehicle I take back home, not someone's super ego!

Last edited by saket77 : 2nd February 2013 at 15:26.
Old 2nd February 2013, 18:58   #25
BHPian

Honda does not sell white Stunner. Hero sells a white Ignitor. See? There definitely is something more than just digital meters that Hero can offer over and above what Honda offers.

Prajwal
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:24   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Have they been stopped? No. They are still in production. See here And that is 5 months after the thread has started. Maybe time has come to let it Rest in Peace.
Old 4th February 2013, 11:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have they been stopped? No. They are still in production. See here And that is 5 months after the thread has started. Maybe time has come to let it Rest in Peace.
None of these have been stopped but they are really slow moving.

I recently had gone to a Hero Showroom to take a TD of the Karizma R and there I found that they were still delivering Xtreme's and Hunk's having the HH logo and name.

That means they have got a lot of built up inventory which would suggest that maybe the production is much more than what the requirement is.

Also, one of the sales guys informed me that it has been quite a few months since they have sold the Impulse.

Maybe, the kind of people that Hero is targeting with Impulse is still not there in such huge numbers in India.

This year they also changed the sponsorship for MtV Roadies and replaced the Karizma with Impulse.

Lets see how that works out for them.

Just my two cents, please feel free to correct me.

Thanks.
Closed Thread