Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th January 2013, 10:27   #16
Default Re: Picked Up a 1970 Jawa

Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Thanks Rahul, Was Pacco coming in as stock carb for the roadking from the factory? Reason am checking is that my bike has Jikov Carbs and thought Pacco was used as an alternate.
Is your Roadking a very early model? From what I've seen, the Jikov came on the ModelB (in the '70s) and some early Classics later. The ModelB also had the round rear footrests, throttle unit and double-cup rear shocks of the Jawa. The early Classics had the Jawa throttle unit. Ideal Jawa was getting rid of some old Czech stock I guess.
However IMO the Roadking came with the P47 and not the Jikov.

If you've got the Jikov, guard it like a treasure! I'm sure your Roadking goes like stink with the Jikov! Buy a new Pacco P47 and keep it for long rides. The sheikhs aren't feeling very generous these days.
voodoochild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 10:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Is your Roadking a very early model? .
My Roadking is a 1982 model. It has been converted to Company CDI and done away from the points ignition. However it lacks the aluminium air filter box & 22 liter tank, instead has the 18 liter tank.
Yes her performance is relatively good, 110 Kays come in very early and fast but from there on the progress is very pedestrian. Have clipped her to an actual of 115 Kays.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2015, 04:56   #18

Bumping up an old thread so kindly accept my apologies , I'm a newbie to Jawa / Yezdi scene but always wanted to own one due to childhood memories , especially the Jawa as we had one at home whilst I was growing up , I have come across a 1964 Jawa for sale in original condition , the seller claims that he is the second owner and has the original RC but need to get it activated at the RTO , this bike is in Hyderabad and he states that the bike is in good running condition , advertised for 38K , I have not come across a Jawa at this price in hyderabad for a long time so would like to know what to look out for, and the potential pitfalls, a quick check on the rto website reveals the registration for the correct year but lists the make as Chetak!, Is there a potential pitfall here or is it just a data entry mistake , I'm asking my cousin to check the bike out as I will be visiting India in 6 months time but do not want to miss out if it is a good one , all help and advice is greatly welcome and highly appreciated.
vickzkool is offline   Reply With Quote