Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 20:45   #106
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Just check in showroom once and let me know, factory will send you blank engine, i have few 2 stroke blank engines and chassis in my collection sourced from showroom , hint for you, how the complete damaged chassis or engine gets their replacement.
Oook. Now that you mention it that way, sounds possible. Will try and get pally with the engineer there and see if I can get the Karizma engine.

And an update - getting the Impulse on Wednesday if I can get time off from office.

Will start an ownership thread if I can. Thanks for all your inputs guys - appreciate it.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 18:07   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,747 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Oook. Now that you mention it that way, sounds possible. Will try and get pally with the engineer there and see if I can get the Karizma engine.

And an update - getting the Impulse on Wednesday if I can get time off from office.

Will start an ownership thread if I can. Thanks for all your inputs guys - appreciate it.
Congrats Naveen. This (From a legendary sportbike to a legendary globe tourer BMW R1200GS) post might be useful to you. PM Navpreet for more info on the heart transplant performed on the impulse.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 18:12   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Congrats Naveen! So the Impulse it is then huh?!!! Enjoy the bie bro. It s a lot of fun off road.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:06   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congrats Naveen. This (From a legendary sportbike to a legendary globe tourer BMW R1200GS) post might be useful to you. PM Navpreet for more info on the heart transplant performed on the impulse.
Thanks for that! Yes, have PM'ed him for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Congrats Naveen! So the Impulse it is then huh?!!! Enjoy the bie bro. It s a lot of fun off road.
Thanks! Yes, intend to do some off-roading whenever I can!

Will try and get the bike tomorrow. Or else at least on Saturday - went and inspected the bike today. Looked all fine.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:49   #110
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 966
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Congrats Naveen. What is the on-road price now. Saw an ad in one of the showrooms with Life time tax being offered as freebie.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 20:00   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Congrats Naveen. What is the on-road price now. Saw an ad in one of the showrooms with Life time tax being offered as freebie.
Ouch! I didn't see that! Can you check and let me know? It is 84645 now.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 20:30   #112
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 966
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Ouch! I didn't see that! Can you check and let me know? It is 84645 now.
It was Appx 74xxx, i think. This is the showroom where i saw the ad today morning.
http://www.sai-motors.com/
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 16:43   #113
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
It was Appx 74xxx, i think. This is the showroom where i saw the ad today morning.
http://www.sai-motors.com/
Thanks a lot for that Santosh! Awesome, you saved me some 9k! Have cancelled booking at the other showroom and booked at Sai - will take delivery on Saturday since I am out of town until then. They have ready stocks!
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 17:44   #114
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 222
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
...see if I can get the Karizma engine. And an update - getting the Impulse on Wednesday if I can get time off from office. Will start an ownership thread if I can.
Oh, please do start an ownership thread. Am particularly interested in how the bike pulls with a pillion, and in it's touring abilities. If you do get around to plonking in a bigger engine, please publish those details as well.

Thanks in advance! Enjoy the bike!
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 18:07   #115
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Oh, please do start an ownership thread. Am particularly interested in how the bike pulls with a pillion, and in it's touring abilities. If you do get around to plonking in a bigger engine, please publish those details as well.

Thanks in advance! Enjoy the bike!
Thanks! Will be getting the bike on Saturday. I will start an ownership thread. Not sure how the engine thing will work out but we'll see.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 14:55   #116
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Got the bike today - a delay of a few days since I was out of town. I'd love to post my first impressions and all but why spoil the fun? Wait for my ownership thread
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 15:06   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Got the bike today - a delay of a few days since I was out of town. I'd love to post my first impressions and all but why spoil the fun? Wait for my ownership thread
Congrats bro. Put up the ownershipthread and photos soon.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 19:48   #118
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Got the bike today - a delay of a few days since I was out of town. I'd love to post my first impressions and all but why spoil the fun? Wait for my ownership thread
Congrats Naveen! Finally from decision making to taking delivery, it has been a long time!!

Please put up the thread soon!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yogisays09's 2011 Suzuki Bandit GSF1250S and 2007 Honda CBR 1000RR yogisays0909 Superbikes & Imports 155 13th December 2017 08:23
Honda CBR 250R vs Enfield Classic 500/350 evilmessiah Motorbikes 77 15th February 2016 15:09
2014 Honda CBR 250R shares design with the recently unveiled CBR 300R JayPrashanth Motorbikes 6 25th October 2013 17:21
CBR 250R or CBR 600F2 sharad_kmc Superbikes & Imports 8 14th March 2013 21:04
Scorpio CRDe @ 70,000 kms! 5,000 of Agony & 65,000 of bliss smats Long-Term Ownership Reviews 17 8th May 2010 17:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks