Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

View Poll Results: Which gear less scooter would you buy ?
Honda Activa 56 31.82%
Honda Dio (New) 20 11.36%
Hero Maestro 6 3.41%
TVS Wego 38 21.59%
Suzuki Access 125 56 31.82%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th July 2016, 12:46   #166
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Activa vs Honda Dio vs TVS Wego vs Hero Maestro vs Suzuki Access 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Thank you. I was contemplating the same. Reviews seem to suggest that it is a complete package. How has your ownership experience been for the past one year? Niggles, service etc. I may be prejudiced but TVS doesn't sound very assuring to me.

It sure is a great scoot. I have not found any niggles at all and I have never faced any problem with the TVS service centers too.

You have to ride the scooter to believe how smooth it is in competition to other offerings in the market. I chose this after almost 6 months of research and reading so many reviews online. I can safely say its really a great scooty.
The Great is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 21:44   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post

Also I have taken it couple of times on the highway and it really impressed me with the handling.

Please go and check the Jupiter and also see the list of features it offers over the competition, its total value for money.
Also, Jupiter has one of the plushest seats in the business. Whether rider or pillion, you will find the seat very and comfy. The ride quality also is geared towards comfort, and I like that. Far better than Activa/Aviator. My wife has clocked about 1500kms so far on ours, and is so far completely satisfied.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 17:39   #168
aLY

Default Re: Honda Activa vs Honda Dio vs TVS Wego vs Hero Maestro vs Suzuki Access 125

I went to purchase a Honda Dio for my wife, inquired with two of the closest dealers and both of them were forcing me to buy Rs.6300 worth accessories. They were not ready to accept a booking without paying for the accessories. After a lot of discussions and arguments I had to agree for Rs.1800 worth of Accessories (Passenger Footrest, Side Stand and Handle Grip).

I would have been buying all the accessories, but the quality of them was substandard, especially the all-around crash guard, yuck!
aLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2016, 06:02   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY View Post
I went to purchase a Honda Dio for my wife, inquired with two of the closest dealers and both of them were forcing me to buy Rs.6300 worth accessories. They were not ready to accept a booking without paying for the accessories. After a lot of discussions and arguments I had to agree for Rs.1800 worth of Accessories (Passenger Footrest, Side Stand and Handle Grip).

I would have been buying all the accessories, but the quality of them was substandard, especially the all-around crash guard, yuck!

This epitomizes Honda and India for you, a country that goes blindly with brands and company that doesn't give a damn about customer service. The only way to make them change is to vote with our wallets
jaganm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2016, 08:31   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY View Post

A couple of weeks ago I too was in a predicament as to which scooty. Honda, purely due to their indifferent attitude kept us from considering one of theirs.

We went for a Hero Maestro Edge and are quite happy with the choice. Good service, excellent vehicle and smooth process throughout. Cost us 64,000 OTR at Vizag.

Cheers
Hunter3077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 12:33   #171
BHPian

I am planning to move away from my 9 year old honda dio for a brand new scooter. Here are my primary needs.

1. Decently strong body - At least partial usage of steel.
2. Good suspension that can absorb bad Bangalore roads.
3. Adequately powerful, handling and breaking.
4. Price below 70,000
5. Women-driver friendly

I am not looking at Honda due to their complex service appointment scheduling exercise and pathetic after sales service.

After reading detailed reviews about the new bikes i have shortlisted 2016 TVS Jupiter and 2016 Suzuki Access 125 since they closely fit my needs. Although, Access 125 is comparatively powerful, i wanted to understand which of these scooters have better suspension.

I am open for new vehicle suggestions that are relevant to my requirements.

Last edited by santhosh_lv : 20th September 2016 at 12:35.
santhosh_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 13:10   #172
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Honda Activa vs Honda Dio vs TVS Wego vs Hero Maestro vs Suzuki Access 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
After reading detailed reviews about the new bikes i have shortlisted 2016 TVS Jupiter and 2016 Suzuki Access 125 since they closely fit my needs. Although, Access 125 is comparatively powerful, i wanted to understand which of these scooters have better suspension.
Both the scooters have good suspensions i.e telescopic fronts but spring loaded at the rear. I have ridden both the scooters and found the braking to be too spongy and jerky although the pickup in both cases are smooth and quick. If you are open to other brand, I would suggest hero Maestro (they are nothing but Honda Activa in disguise), TVS Wego (which I feel is very balanced and has good brakes), Yamaha Fascino or Ray (will suit a teen more).

But if you really are interested in buying it for ladies, then I suggest you check the following links as below:
http://www.rediff.com/getahead/repor...u/20140901.htm

http://www.speedmasti.com/bike-news/...dies-in-india/

http://bestbikes.in/top-10-best-scoo...n-india.html/4
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 10:40   #173
BHPian

My wife and I made our choice and bought a new TVS jupiter home last week (exchanged our used Honda Dio). Here are our other shortlisted and test-driven scooters and the reasons we haven't chose to buy them.

Activa 125 - Though it has an excellent ride quality and smoother engine matching/marginally better to TVS Jupiter, it was 7-8 thousand more expensive. Even if we were ready to spend that additional 8k, there was nothing worth we saw/required on Activa 125 that wasn't available on TVS Jupiter. Moreover, there are service centers are overly crowded everyday.

Suzuki Access 125 - With new 2016 retro looks, super quick motor under the hood and improved engine smoothness, we still couldn't find this beast smoother than TVS Jupiter. Bangalore doesn't have many Suzuki service centers and apparently known for their extremely poor service quality.

Yamaha Ray/Alpha - Weak fiber body like our previous Honda Dio, absence of 12 inch wheels like its competitors and handling not matching up with Activa 125 and TVS Jupiter.

Yamaha Fascino - Excellent driving position and rear seat position with comfort when compared to TVS Jupiter. However, engine refinement is no where close to Activa 125 and TVS Jupiter at low speeds below 50 kmph which is primarily required for city driving. Other corns include the absence of metal body, 12 inch wheels and softer suspension.

Mahindra Gusto - The vehicle looked overly dressed for everyday use. Didn't like the looks of it, hence didn't bother to test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
I am planning to move away from my 9 year old honda dio for a brand new scooter. Here are my primary needs.

1. Decently strong body - At least partial usage of steel.
2. Good suspension that can absorb bad Bangalore roads.
3. Adequately powerful, handling and breaking.
4. Price below 70,000
5. Women-driver friendly

I am not looking at Honda due to their complex service appointment scheduling exercise and pathetic after sales service.

I am open for new vehicle suggestions that are relevant to my requirements.
santhosh_lv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote