Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th August 2016, 12:25   #16
Default Re: Punto Re-registration in Kolkata - Car type mentioned as Saloon instead of Hatch

Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Your friend will now have fun trying to get the bangalore road tax refunded, I expect. With a 4 year old car it'd have been far cheaper to actually sell it in Bangalore and buy a new or pre owned one in kolkata.

I've been going through the transfer and now the refund process and it is exquisitely painful, demanding a lot of patience. :(

As others have pointed out, the hatch / saloon type is immaterial, different RTOs have different entries in their system for this sort of thing and as long as the engine and chassis numbers and manufacturer are a match, nobody cares.
Completely agree, the car is lying un-used in Kolkata and the selling rates he is getting in Kolkata are a lot less than in Bangalore.

Since he doesn't need the car any more, I have offered to buy it at Bangalore rates + delta (since the car is in very good condition) if he can get the car to Bangalore again and re-register it in Bangalore (since there is a new RC card). He can then claim the refund in Kolkata and keep the amount. This was 3 months ago.

Honestly, the speed at which things are moving I don't see how I can get the car before the end of the year. And almost certain his eventual tax refund claim in Kolkata is going to take a decade..
sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote