Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 18:24   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Re: Incorrect Vehicle Name on Registration Document

Dear All,

There is a minor error (or i hope so its minor) in my colleague's car registration certificate.

Against field "Horse Power" usually - both Power in HP and Engine capacity in CC should be mentioned (as seen in other RCs of Ghaziabad state). Like for example, take a WagonR:

Horse Power: 67.3 HP / 998 CC

However, in case of my colleague's car - a Maruti DZire, the same is mentioned like:

Horse Power: 1197 HP / 1197 CC

Now i am not sure if its printing error from RTO or indeed they have internally recorded 1197 HP as the power of his car (perhaps they think he modded his car for such mammoth power - lol) .

Question is - is it really worth the pain to get this corrected in RC ? Can this pose any risk in case of a claim/resale ? The car was already transferred to my colleague's name from his company's name and this error was their even in the older RC, but as per him insurance claim was never made.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 18:31   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,550
Thanked: 2,485 Times
Default Re: Incorrect Vehicle Name on Registration Document

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
In the RC, my last name is spelled as Sauraba instead of Saurabh. Can this be ignored or should I get it fixed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Don't think it matters in the least. The Accent I owned for 7 years (across MH and KA registrations) had my first name misspelled as Anup. The only annoyance was remembering to renew my insurance with the same spelling, but it never impacted anything removing hypothecation and selling the car off.
I'd like to disagree.

When you know there's an error, there isn't a reason to not get it corrected.

It could be a matter of coincidence that everything went off smoothly during the ownership period, but all it takes is one stuck up guy who wants to go by the rule book. (who isn't wrong btw)

Then there's the other thing about doing the right thing.

ksaurabh: Is this a new car purchase? If so, it is your dealer's responsibility to get the RC corrected.

This has happened, not once but twice, with us: the surname was misspelt by the SA/RTO on the RC when my father bought the Corsa and then City.

Slightly OT: given how India is slowly moving towards everything being linked to Aadhar, it is only beneficial that all your records are correctly maintained.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 19:16   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Re: Incorrect Vehicle Name on Registration Document

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'd like to disagree.

When you know there's an error, there isn't a reason to not get it corrected.

It could be a matter of coincidence that everything went off smoothly during the ownership period, but all it takes is one stuck up guy who wants to go by the rule book. (who isn't wrong btw)

Then there's the other thing about doing the right thing.

ksaurabh: Is this a new car purchase? If so, it is your dealer's responsibility to get the RC corrected.

This has happened, not once but twice, with us: the surname was misspelt by the SA/RTO on the RC when my father bought the Corsa and then City.

Slightly OT: given how India is slowly moving towards everything being linked to Aadhar, it is only beneficial that all your records are correctly maintained.
What do you think about incorrect Engine Horse power if mentioned in RC ? In case it needs to be corrected - what proof shall be given to the RTO ?

As you can see in my post here (Incorrect Vehicle Name on Registration Document), the engine horse power is mentioned same as engine capacity.

Note: Its not a new car so asking dealer is out of question.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 13:29   #34
BHPian
 
Vibhanshu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 182
Thanked: 14 Times
Default SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

@Mods: I thought this can be a potential new thread. Please approve/merge with existing where applicable.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share a nightmare with you all that I've been going through Ford India.

My Car
2014 Ford Fiesta TDCI Titanium

Background/Problem
I purchased 2014 New Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCI Titanium in August 2014. When I received the RC Book it had the wrong vehicle name printed on it as - Ecosport and not Fiesta.

I informed the dealership about this and they asked me to return the RC Book to them and said they'd verify and also get it corrected.

Dealership
SC Ford, Malad West, Mumbai

Nightmare Begins
1. I returned the RC Book in 2014 and waited.
2. Waited more, contacted SC Ford for update.
3. They said, it is dispatched.
4. After sometime I contacted them again - SC Ford said there was some problem with RTO etc... we've rechecked it and you'd get it shortly.
5. By this time we were already in mid-2015.
6. Repeat 2 to 5 - some more time.
7. Come 2016 - frustrated I went to RTO myself. I got the vehicle information copy and it said 'Ecosport' instead or 'Fiesta'.
8. I fired SC Ford again - asking for explanation. They apologised and reassured that it would be done soon.
9. By now we are already a few months down in 2016 and I have spoken to multiple people in SC Ford.
10. From Mid-2015 to Feb-2016 I went through 5 surgeries and my wife went through 2 surgeries. She's still recovering. Talk about things going down. I didn't had enough time attention to follow up with SC Ford and Ford India during this time.
12. Feb 2016 - I again went to SC Ford and asked for the update. Everyone was clueless (again). I asked for the name/number for the owner of SC Ford to escalate. No one revealed that information.
12. SC Ford kept giving excuses that RTO has software update going on and it will take time.
13. I asked SC Ford (again) to return my RC Book and I'll get it fixed myself. They didn't.
14. Now I escalated the matter to Ford Chennai. They have been working on it for a while with little progress.
15. By this time, SC Ford was already misbehaving with me and blaming me for the issue.
16. The person coordinating with me from Ford Chennai also doesn't get the exact problem.
17. Between all this madness I've been asking for a letter from SC Ford or Ford Chennai to atleast provide me with a letter saying 'RC Book under correction' so that the traffic police believes my story. Nothing!
18. SC Ford sends me an application scanned copy that application has been submitted for rectification of the error.
19. I just got off the call from Ford Chennai and they assured that the changed in RTO portal is 'done'. And the new RC Book will be dispatched. I asked for a vehicle information copy as a proof. I can wait for the RC Book. This person was the Team Leader and says 'we are not liable' to provide you that, if you need that goto RTO yourself and figure it out. By now, both SC Ford and Ford Chennai and misbehaving and don't really care about customer.

People at SC Ford
- Anil: SC Ford, sales guy. Sold me the car. Left the dealership.
- Deva: SC Ford, RTO guy. Left the dealership.
- Shushant: SC Ford, Manager. Hopeless.
- Usha: SC Ford, Customer Care. Most rude person ever.

People at Ford Chennai
- Barsa: Manages West Zone concerns. Followed up with little success.
- N. ...something...: Team Leader (Manager of Barsa): According to him, Ford India is not liable for anything.

Current Status
I have a scanned copy of an application given to RTO. That's all. I don't know if:
- Changes are done in RTO Portal for correction.
- If the RC Book is dispatched etc.

Now, I will have no option but to go towards legal notice to these bozos.

I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. Hope my experience makes others a little more cautious with dealerships.
Vibhanshu is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 13:39   #35
BHPian
 
jacobvarughese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 221
Thanked: 193 Times
Default re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Ridiculous experience with this Ford dealer- they've clearly understood it's a deep mess they have gotten into and wants to absolve themselves by pointing all foibles toward you. What started off as a clerical error has ended up in a clear case of 'fraud'.

Hope you've gotten all these correspondence documented and ready for litigation, which I serve as you rightly said is the sole option. However, this thread can garner much media attention and bring in the much-needed disrepute to this particular dealer.
jacobvarughese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 13:53   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Send a tweet to FOrd INDIA's Director with a link to this page. Might help.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 14:03   #37
BHPian
 
Engine_Roars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 185
Thanked: 363 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

I hope you have documented evidences(Email/Letter) of you contacting them for incorrect model name on the RC. This might as well be a case of Fraud from RTO's point of view too, and you might unnecessarily be dragged into it. The VIN/Chassis number updated on the RC, is it of your car i.e. of Fiesta?
Engine_Roars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 14:06   #38
BHPian
 
PraNeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 299
Thanked: 698 Times
Default re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Background/Problem
I purchased 2014 New Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCI Titanium in August 2014. When I received the RC Book it had the wrong vehicle name printed on it as - Ecosport and not Fiesta.

I informed the dealership about this and they asked me to return the RC Book to them and said they'd verify and also get it corrected.

Dealership
SC Ford, Malad West, Mumbai

Nightmare Begins
1. I returned the RC Book in 2014 and waited.
.....

Current Status
I have a scanned copy of an application given to RTO. That's all. I don't know if:
- Changes are done in RTO Portal for correction.
- If the RC Book is dispatched etc.

Now, I will have no option but to go towards legal notice to these bozos.
Hi Vibhanshu you shouldn't have waited for so long for an important document like RC. By saying that I don't want to support the Ford dealer at all. They have committed a blunder.
However, I would suggest you to:
1. Go to RTO and meet the RTO inspector / officer and explain the situation to him. At least they will let you know the current situation and possible resolution.
2. If step 1 doesn't work out then, Apply for a duplicate RC.
3. Once you get the duplicate RC, apply for correction of the vehicle name.

Although it might take some trips to RTO, the matter will be resolved much faster than banging your head with Ford. Once resolved, then you can think of legally penalizing the Ford guys. All the best.

Last edited by PraNeel : 27th June 2017 at 14:08.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 14:12   #39
BHPian
 
PetrolRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BBSR/Pune
Posts: 262
Thanked: 181 Times
Default re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Before you go legal, you may try few things that will help you in the long battle.

File an RTI to RTO for status of your application. It will tell you, exactly where is your application for correction.
Find one efficient agent in RTO who can make things work with a fee. I know it is hurting, but your car is your car and 3 years without a proper RC somewhere put some blame on yourself. I hope you understand, system doesn't work with emotion. If the agent with a fee can get you the corrected RC, it will save you a lot of hassle, time and money in going legal. Anyway, you always have option to file consumer case and fraud case against ford and the dealer, but having the RC with you will put you in upper hand.

This is purely my suggestion, other esteem members and legal experts can help you more on this matter.
PetrolRider is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 14:25   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,394
Thanked: 839 Times
Default re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Now, I will have no option but to go towards legal notice to these bozos.
Sorry if I go against the tide here but I'd strongly recommend getting hold of an RTO agent, paying him the necessary "fee" and just get it over with.

You were already short of time in pursuing this and going legal only asks for more time as well as money.

Just get it sorted through the RTO agent and if he needs any letter/info from the dealership try to get it politely instead of fighting it out. Let your ego take a hit if need be, but first and foremost get the RC issue sorted.

Post that, please feel free to promote this page on social media and forums so that everybody knows what SC Ford is made of.

I personally think that RTO might be giving the dealership a hard time because this error isn't a typo anymore when you take 3 years into account and the dealership isn't wanting to grease any hands in the RTO office.
fine69 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 15:56   #41
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: India
Posts: 25
Thanked: 13 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
You were already short of time in pursuing this and going legal only asks for more time as well as money.

Just get it sorted through the RTO agent and if he needs any letter/info from the dealership try to get it politely instead of fighting it out. Let your ego take a hit if need be, but first and foremost get the RC issue sorted.

Post that, please feel free to promote this page on social media and forums so that everybody knows what SC Ford is made of.
I totally agree with you. First get the job done by an RTO agent & as said if need arises talk to the dealership for want of necessary papers to get you RC back with correction. Three years driving a car without an RC is unbelievable. How have you been able to get insurance renewed without the RC?
visky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 17:08   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 180
Thanked: 260 Times
Default re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

How do you find whether this is a mess created in dealership or RTO? If you can find this as below, then, you will probably get one step forward to find a way out for this issue
Case1: if it is dealership's error (Verification of list of Documents that have been forwarded to RTO at the time of purchase will provide this information), then you can easily catch Dealership to be held responsible for this issue and complain to Ford directly to get this issue resolved.

Case 2: If dealership have given the right details but RTO has messed up, then, you along with Dealer have to fight the case against RTO

Last edited by gkveda : 27th June 2017 at 17:12.
gkveda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 20:43   #43
BHPian
 
Vibhanshu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 182
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Ridiculous experience with this Ford dealer- they've clearly understood it's a deep mess they have gotten into and wants to absolve themselves by pointing all foibles toward you. What started off as a clerical error has ended up in a clear case of 'fraud'.

Hope you've gotten all these correspondence documented and ready for litigation, which I serve as you rightly said is the sole option. However, this thread can garner much media attention and bring in the much-needed disrepute to this particular dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
I hope you have documented evidences(Email/Letter) of you contacting them for incorrect model name on the RC. This might as well be a case of Fraud from RTO's point of view too, and you might unnecessarily be dragged into it. The VIN/Chassis number updated on the RC, is it of your car i.e. of Fiesta?
Yes, I have the necessary documentation on email ever since I escalated the matter to Ford India (last few months).

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Send a tweet to FOrd INDIA's Director with a link to this page. Might help.
Good idea. Will do. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Hi Vibhanshu you shouldn't have waited for so long for an important document like RC. By saying that I don't want to support the Ford dealer at all. They have committed a blunder.
However, I would suggest you to:
1. Go to RTO and meet the RTO inspector / officer and explain the situation to him. At least they will let you know the current situation and possible resolution.
2. If step 1 doesn't work out then, Apply for a duplicate RC.
3. Once you get the duplicate RC, apply for correction of the vehicle name.

Although it might take some trips to RTO, the matter will be resolved much faster than banging your head with Ford. Once resolved, then you can think of legally penalizing the Ford guys. All the best.
You're right. From my end, I shouldn't have waited so long. The dealership gave all kinds of excuse etc and then for a very long time I was stuck in medical situations (myself & wife) with mild reminders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Before you go legal, you may try few things that will help you in the long battle.

File an RTI to RTO for status of your application. It will tell you, exactly where is your application for correction.
Find one efficient agent in RTO who can make things work with a fee. I know it is hurting, but your car is your car and 3 years without a proper RC somewhere put some blame on yourself. I hope you understand, system doesn't work with emotion. If the agent with a fee can get you the corrected RC, it will save you a lot of hassle, time and money in going legal. Anyway, you always have option to file consumer case and fraud case against ford and the dealer, but having the RC with you will put you in upper hand.

This is purely my suggestion, other esteem members and legal experts can help you more on this matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Sorry if I go against the tide here but I'd strongly recommend getting hold of an RTO agent, paying him the necessary "fee" and just get it over with.

You were already short of time in pursuing this and going legal only asks for more time as well as money.

Just get it sorted through the RTO agent and if he needs any letter/info from the dealership try to get it politely instead of fighting it out. Let your ego take a hit if need be, but first and foremost get the RC issue sorted.

Post that, please feel free to promote this page on social media and forums so that everybody knows what SC Ford is made of.

I personally think that RTO might be giving the dealership a hard time because this error isn't a typo anymore when you take 3 years into account and the dealership isn't wanting to grease any hands in the RTO office.
I asked the dealership to return my card as well. However, the dealership kept insisting to do it themselves. Yes, I was an idiot or atleast I feel like one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visky View Post
I totally agree with you. First get the job done by an RTO agent & as said if need arises talk to the dealership for want of necessary papers to get you RC back with correction. Three years driving a car without an RC is unbelievable. How have you been able to get insurance renewed without the RC?
3 years with luck. I took the insurance from ICICI and it's fully online. They don't care about anything. What else? I got a claim also cleared (I hit a Figo in front in traffic, damaged my bumper).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
How do you find whether this is a mess created in dealership or RTO? If you can find this as below, then, you will probably get one step forward to find a way out for this issue
Case1: if it is dealership's error (Verification of list of Documents that have been forwarded to RTO at the time of purchase will provide this information), then you can easily catch Dealership to be held responsible for this issue and complain to Ford directly to get this issue resolved.

Case 2: If dealership have given the right details but RTO has messed up, then, you along with Dealer have to fight the case against RTO
At today's date it won't matter. Error can be caused by anyone and it's totally fine be. We all make mistakes. I'm dragging the Dealership because they did not care to pursue the fix properly and now misbehaving etc. As for the RTO, there have been pockets of issue going on as always. Example would be - systems not working, strike (sometime), software updates (recently). If the dealership was active in pursuing this - it wouldn't have been so long.

More over, the dealership made sure I have no contact to the owner of the dealership. None of them shared a name, email, number - or anything. Even after the emails going on with dealership and Ford India (with the owner in CC) the owner doesn't seem to have taken any step.
Vibhanshu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 01:09   #44
BHPian
 
PraNeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 299
Thanked: 698 Times
Default Re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post

You're right. From my end, I shouldn't have waited so long. The dealership gave all kinds of excuse etc and then for a very long time I was stuck in medical situations (myself & wife) with mild reminders.

I asked the dealership to return my card as well. However, the dealership kept insisting to do it themselves. Yes, I was an idiot or atleast I feel like one.

As for the RTO, there have been pockets of issue going on as always. Example would be - systems not working, strike (sometime), software updates (recently). If the dealership was active in pursuing this - it wouldn't have been so long.
Hi Vibhanshu as suggested by most of the members, please take some time out and pay a visit to RTO. If you will explain the matter to RTO officer in charge (not the clerks / peons etc) he / she will surely help you. In RTO you will find all the resources (notary, agents etc) to sort out the matter. A vehicle without RC can be quite troublesome in certain situations (God forbid!).

Please don't bother about the Ford dealership too much at this moment. You can tackle them later. Good Luck and keep us updated.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 10:31   #45
BHPian
 
PetrolRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BBSR/Pune
Posts: 262
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Yes, I have the necessary documentation on email ever since I escalated the matter to Ford India (last few months).

-----

More over, the dealership made sure I have no contact to the owner of the dealership. None of them shared a name, email, number - or anything. Even after the emails going on with dealership and Ford India (with the owner in CC) the owner doesn't seem to have taken any step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Hi Vibhanshu as suggested by most of the members, please take some time out and pay a visit to RTO. If you will explain the matter to RTO officer in charge (not the clerks / peons etc) he / she will surely help you. In RTO you will find all the resources (notary, agents etc) to sort out the matter. A vehicle without RC can be quite troublesome in certain situations (God forbid!).

Please don't bother about the Ford dealership too much at this moment. You can tackle them later. Good Luck and keep us updated.
Agree 100% to PraNeel here, forget about the dealership for now. Take first priority to get the RC.

Take a day off and visit the RTO in the morning around 10. Please be in you business casuals attire (don't ask me why ) and have all the documents possible to carry with you. Ask for the peon sitting in front of the RTO or Additional/Assistant RTO for an appointment. Please be patient for the appointment, remember you have taken the day off for this.

Explain him your ordeal and ask for suggestions. Don't worry, you would be surprised to see those officers behave totally opposite to what common people think of RTO.
If you face a stone wall there (very unlikely), then you may have to try out the agent way. once you have the RC with you all sorted out, there would be ample of time and resource at your disposal to bring those crooks to justice (if you feel so).
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfering from Company registration to Individual registration joshi_pravin The Indian Car Scene 11 5th September 2016 10:11
Document Identification Number (DIN) for Tax Payers ravib Shifting gears 12 1st December 2010 19:28
SWIFT - Delhi Registration V/s Gurgaon Registration Tarunl Indian Car Dealerships 27 15th August 2010 06:24
Registration in NRI's name caliper The Indian Car Scene 5 21st May 2007 15:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks