Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 2nd July 2017, 16:46   #46
BHPian

Default Re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Hi Vibhanshu as suggested by most of the members, please take some time out and pay a visit to RTO. If you will explain the matter to RTO officer in charge (not the clerks / peons etc) he / she will surely help you. In RTO you will find all the resources (notary, agents etc) to sort out the matter. A vehicle without RC can be quite troublesome in certain situations (God forbid!).

Please don't bother about the Ford dealership too much at this moment. You can tackle them later. Good Luck and keep us updated.
You're right, however, there's been some movement actually on this matter.
More so, the application is already with RTO (and so is my RC Book), but nevertheless, I agree that escalating to RTO will help. More update below in this post, there's been movement here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Agree 100% to PraNeel here, forget about the dealership for now. Take first priority to get the RC.

Take a day off and visit the RTO in the morning around 10. Please be in you business casuals attire (don't ask me why ) and have all the documents possible to carry with you. Ask for the peon sitting in front of the RTO or Additional/Assistant RTO for an appointment. Please be patient for the appointment, remember you have taken the day off for this.

Explain him your ordeal and ask for suggestions. Don't worry, you would be surprised to see those officers behave totally opposite to what common people think of RTO.
If you face a stone wall there (very unlikely), then you may have to try out the agent way. once you have the RC with you all sorted out, there would be ample of time and resource at your disposal to bring those crooks to justice (if you feel so).
Will do. Thanks for the detailed suggesting, definitely helps!

UPDATE:
After the last disappointing conversation with Ford India I escalated the matter to David (Ford Head for South East Asia), followed by 2 tweets to Anurag and Ford India about this matter. With-in 48 hours I got a call from the CEO of SC Ford, Jaspal.

In that conversation I asked to return my RC book so that I can get the work done myself. Apparently the Jaspal, CEO was very apologetic and insisted that work is in progress already and the update from RTO on this matter is scheduled on 7th of July. He mentioned that he is personally speaking to RTO Officials. I did tell him that it took 1 email and 2 tweets to get things rolling. And the lady from SC Ford, Usha, was in the 'apologetic mode' and not screaming at me for a change.

2 hours later I get a call from the same dude from Ford Chennai (who said 'we're not liable') apologising and giving me an update on the progress.

I've drafted all that conversation on email as well, just in-case. I hope there's an update on 7th!
Vibhanshu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 19:19   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default Re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
I've drafted all that conversation on email as well, just in-case. I hope there's an update on 7th!
Any updates today from Ford India or the dealer from whom you purchased the car regarding the registration certificate.
visky is offline   Reply With Quote