Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2016, 13:26   #151
BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 979
Thanked: 1,509 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

I have a Suzuki Access. Its 7 years old IIRC - it's been such a problem free bike, I've almost rarely needed to care about it.

The lower end grunt is good, especially since bikes are primarily for city use.

Mileage has always been ~35-40. In Bangalore traffic, that's probably going to stay the same.

Recently I got the oil changed, after which the engine is running smoother, but it's stalling frequently. It stalls at almost every signal or whenever it slows down below 5 km/h.

Any clue why ? Will simply increasing the idling be sufficient ?

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 28th September 2016 at 13:46.
GrammarNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 13:29   #152
BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 947
Thanked: 341 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

Any clue why ? Will simply increasing the idling be sufficient ?
Have you got the spark plug changed in the last 7 years? If not, I would start my getting that changed and if it was changed, get it cleaned once. This may also be due to a poor fuel quality.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 10:36   #153
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,773
Thanked: 372 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I have a Suzuki Access. Its 7 years old IIRC - it's been such a problem free bike, I've almost rarely needed to care about it.

The lower end grunt is good, especially since bikes are primarily for city use.

Mileage has always been ~35-40. In Bangalore traffic, that's probably going to stay the same.

Recently I got the oil changed, after which the engine is running smoother, but it's stalling frequently. It stalls at almost every signal or whenever it slows down below 5 km/h.

Any clue why ? Will simply increasing the idling be sufficient ?
In my case, I am still struggling with this issue for a year now. I need to keep holding the throttle even at signals - and that results in my clutch getting worn out.
I have tried everything with two mechanics - one of them told me that the engine compression must have become weak.

Shell premium fuel helps to a certain extent.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 10:52   #154
BHPian
 
ShaileshHinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 161
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
In my case, I am still struggling with this issue for a year now. I need to keep holding the throttle even at signals - and that results in my clutch getting worn out.
I have tried everything with two mechanics - one of them told me that the engine compression must have become weak.

Shell premium fuel helps to a certain extent.
Maybe a repeat question but still asking. Have you got the carburetor cleaned ? Most mechanics hesitate cleaning Access carburetor as its difficult to fix it back once opened. This helped me on my 4 year old Access stalling issue last year.
ShaileshHinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 01:56   #155
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 81
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

@S_U_N
I had not been on this thread for a long time now.

Did I mention earlier about getting such a problem fixed?
The Access my Father uses has developed this problem slowly. I got my mechanic to change the spark plug as that anyway's needs a change. It improved a little but not not gone. I got the carb cleaned and there's wan't that much stuff in there. No improvement.

Me and the mechanic were brainstorming what to do next and accidentally I noticed that my Victor and Access use same spark plugs. My Victor was running on NGK GPower Platinum plug for a few years then. I replaced that plug with Access and got the access plug to my Victor. Access'es problem solved. In-fact, we had to lower the idle RPM. Victor had a little less pull after 40 KMPH (when I switched to GPower on Victor, the main difference was better pull from 40 to 60 and easier cold starts in winter).

Here is the story. The Access had NGK G-Power plug. Mechanic got new plug from Suzuki spares and replaced it. I told him to keep the old on with the tool kit (just like that) and didn't know that the plug on the scooot was GPower and the new one bought was not.

After a few days, since everything was okay, I wanted to clear up the old plug from the Access'es boot and also but another GPower plug for Victor. When I open the old plug, I realize it was GPower. I knew that GPowers were not in market now. So went to Suzuki spares and enquired and they said that Suzuki earlier supplied GPower plugs for Access but no more and they do not have stock. Upon further enquiry at different shops I found Bosch Iridium plug for Rs 180 (GPower costs same price). Happily switched to it. All good since then. It has been about two years since.
MotoKris is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 15:06   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,773
Thanked: 372 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Ok. I am going to try the Iridium plug soon. I think this problem came after I changed the spark plug a year ago, but I am not sure. Need to check the records.
Meanwhile, as a workaround I have filled up only Shell premium fuel for the last two tank fulls (and the third tank full is on HP Power.

This has reduced the stalling problem by around 80%. The scooter has also become a lot silent with this better quality fuel.

So, others facing this problem could also give it a try.

Meanwhile the belt has gone loose and I can hear the 'chu-chu' sound when accelerating from standstill.

Last edited by S_U_N : 25th October 2016 at 15:07.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 18:30   #157
BHPian
 
Abhi_abarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 286
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Can anybody suggest me the best tyres for Access 125 (2012 model).

Mine have gone completely bald and due for replacement. The stock tyres were mrf which were pathetic in ride quality. I am looking for something long lasting and very good grip.
Abhi_abarth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 19:06   #158
BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 666
Thanked: 304 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Took delivery the next day and after the mandatory pooja we were allowed to go out riding.
Any particular reason why you have not posted a single photo of your Access?
pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 20:57   #159
Senior - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AUH<->MAA
Posts: 1,659
Thanked: 505 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Can anybody suggest me the best tyres for Access 125
I would recommend CEAT or TVS ; have used both of them on my Nova135 with good results
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 22:05   #160
BHPian
 
KK_HakunaMatata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 312
Thanked: 250 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Can anybody suggest me the best tyres for Access 125 (2012 model).

Mine have gone completely bald and due for replacement. The stock tyres were mrf which were pathetic in ride quality. I am looking for something long lasting and very good grip.
Even I am considering a change of tyre for our Access which has run 18k but looks almost bald. I read quite a few good reviews of CEAT GRIPP (replacing rear tyre now, front is good to ride) on other forums and want to give a try and which is available online from around Rs. 1000.

Let me know once you decide.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:35   #161
BHPian
 
KK_HakunaMatata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 312
Thanked: 250 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Can anybody suggest me the best tyres for Access 125 (2012 model).

Mine have gone completely bald and due for replacement. The stock tyres were mrf which were pathetic in ride quality. I am looking for something long lasting and very good grip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Even I am considering a change of tyre for our Access which has run 18k but looks almost bald. I read quite a few good reviews of CEAT GRIPP (replacing rear tyre now, front is good to ride) on other forums and want to give a try and which is available online from around Rs. 1000.

Let me know once you decide.

KK
Did you buy the tire for Access. If so, which one?

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 13:04   #162
BHPian
 
scorpian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GOA
Posts: 229
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

I recently changed my rear tyre to ceat gripp.
Prior to that even i was quite confused what to replace with.I would suggest you go for the ceat gripp the tyre is really good and true to its name.I changed the tyre and tried hard breaking and not once did it lose its grip
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 13:30   #163
BHPian
 
KK_HakunaMatata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 312
Thanked: 250 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
I recently changed my rear tyre to ceat gripp.
Prior to that even i was quite confused what to replace with.I would suggest you go for the ceat gripp the tyre is really good and true to its name.I changed the tyre and tried hard breaking and not once did it lose its grip
Thanks scorpian, I will replace it during this weekend. A dealer near my place has quoted Rs. 1,050 for the tyre (without tube), and I checked online prices, which starts from Rs. 1,075. So, guess this is a good deal.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 16:47   #164
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,773
Thanked: 372 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoKris View Post
@S_U_N
..... Upon further enquiry at different shops I found Bosch Iridium plug for Rs 180 (GPower costs same price). Happily switched to it. All good since then. It has been about two years since.
My mechanic is still unable to find Bosch iridium plug in Pune.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 10:08   #165
BHPian
 
para_7k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 462
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My mechanic is still unable to find Bosch iridium plug in Pune.
Hi,

I was just reading your posts on the stalling Issue. Is it resolved now ?

I had the exact same issue with my 2011 Wego. The scooter used to stall on slopes and on hard acceleration.

Exactly as you say, shell petrol used to solve the issue and other PSU bunk petrol brings back the problem.

I was able to get hold of a good mechanic who was able to fix it. The reason he mentioned was that the Card jet was clogged.

He changed the fuel pipe, cleaned the Card and it is all good. It is only a half-day job.

I got this done at Vishrantwadi, Pune.
para_7k is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Owners please share reviews Suzuki Access 125 raghutk Motorbikes 46 1st February 2017 23:52
Two Classics, One Car - 81 year old Packard and 101 year old owner karlosdeville Beyond Borders 5 29th August 2016 00:42
Suzuki Access 125 BunnyPunia Motorbikes 26 26th August 2014 15:14
96 year old sells 55 year old Italian Fiat for Nano !! emkay456 Shifting gears 14 11th May 2009 14:02
Delivery woes Suzuki Access 125 raghutk Motorbikes 7 11th March 2008 15:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks