Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 14th September 2016, 17:12   #346
BHPian

Default re: Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars - SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)

Meanwhile, this news emerged on 12/09/2016.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/bajaj-pulsa...-report-693475

According to the author, the top end variant will have 43BHP with 35NM of torque. Is there any truth in this news?

Last edited by driverabhi : 14th September 2016 at 17:20.
Old 14th September 2016, 20:26   #347
BHPian

How I wish the higher spec was offered on the AS series. That kinda power, plus some luggage mounts and reinforcements it would easily dominate the Tourer segment from Day 1.
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 21:15   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
it will now be introduced post Diwali, though a final date still hasnít been revealed.
Launch a new product at the fag end of a calender year? Sales will take a beating, dampening the buzz of a new product launch.

Or maybe they'll launch it in Nov, and immediately claim 2 month+ delivery periods. Everybody happy.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 12:10   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Hamara Bajaj - Known for launching the motorcycles after they have been seen on road for years!

But i hope this extra time for testing finally results in a niggle free motorcycle cause that is point no. 2 of Hamara Bajaj - V1.0 will make you go nuts with all the chinks!
This delay may not be entirely due to what Bajaj is saying (production constraint) that is what I feel, nor it may be for buying more time for further testing
It may purely be for pricing the product "right" or buying enough time to price it right.
Now think about this, 2017 KTM Duke 390, when it launches, may launch at a premium of +20k. This probably may give Bajaj enough breathing space to price the VS400 more "appropriately". Also the timing for this strategy has to be perfect: not giving too much or too little time for people sitting on the fence (D390/VS400) to decide.
schitre05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 12:36   #350
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Launch a new product at the fag end of a calender year? Sales will take a beating, dampening the buzz of a new product launch.

Or maybe they'll launch it in Nov, and immediately claim 2 month+ delivery periods. Everybody happy.

Regards
Sutripta

Overall Bajaj sales have been down for a few months now - Reason is due to the decline in some export markets although Domestic sales have shown an upward trend lately.

The upcoming Domestic Festive season (Oct-Nov) is therefore very important for Bajaj to catch up with the market.. therefore it is very important to ensure that maximum benefit is taken from this Festive period.

If the VS400 is launched before the festive period
  • It would take away focus (of Bajaj and its Dealers) from the bikes which would bring in the much needed numbers
  • Dealers are the First Customers for any Manufacturer: Its the dealers which put in the initial amount for the bikes

Bajaj wouldn't want the dealerships to put in the capital for a model (VS400) which the dealerships could have utilized for models that would sell in far greater number in this festive season than a new flagship product

Makes Perfect Business Sense... just sad that enthusiasts waiting for the Flagship Pulsar would have to wait till the festive season is over.

Last edited by payeng : 15th September 2016 at 12:40.
Old 15th September 2016, 13:51   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
It may purely be for pricing the product "right" or buying enough time to price it right.
+1 to that,they could also be waiting for G310R to launch to decide how to position the VS400 and the new D390.
indivic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 14:18   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
How I wish the higher spec was offered on the AS series. ...
Knowing Bajaj it will most probably be there in the pipeline. But I guess they will go step by step, CS/VS then RS/SS after that mostly it will be AS or an equivalently similar variant.
Old 18th September 2016, 23:31   #353
BHPian

I really wish they don't stick to the black with stickering job..

I would love to have one with a combination of dark silver with black paint finish.. no chrome, no gloss..
Old 21st September 2016, 13:36   #354
BHPian

OFFICIAL BREAKING NEWS: THE VS400 LAUNCH IS IN NOVEMBER AND IT WON'T BE A PULSAR!!!!

Mr. Bajaj has given an interview published a couple of hours back

Source: MoneyControl

Quote:
"On the big motorcycle (VS400), I have also been waiting for a long time to get it right. We have to acknowledge that Enfield has 85 percent market share in that space, so we have to get everything absolutely right from the brand to the product to the launch, to the quality and price and all of that.

Honestly, this launch was to be in the end of August, but then we realised that it will distract us from building volumes for the festive season and so, we have now delayed it to November. So, November is when this launch will be.
Exactly the reason that I quoted a few posts back.

Quote:
I do not have an exact date. It will be an interesting launch because it will not be in all probability a Pulsar. For now, let me just say that a 400 cc Pulsar makes as much sense as a 150 cc Royal Enfield. So, when we are getting into a different category, it would be wise to look at a new brand. So, that is a big move that I am happy to share with you today.
Read more at: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...ce=ref_article

Awesome decision (to go with a New Brand) I would say..

.. the Pulsar brand no matter how strong won't have the SNOB VALUE compared to the Royal Enfield (no matter how outdated is the tech).. Building a new Flagship Brand makes much more sense.

Last edited by payeng : 21st September 2016 at 13:45.
payeng is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 15:21   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post

Awesome decision (to go with a New Brand) I would say..

.. the Pulsar brand no matter how strong won't have the SNOB VALUE compared to the Royal Enfield (no matter how outdated is the tech).. Building a new Flagship Brand makes much more sense.
Absolutely. I would say capitalize on the pull of the V Brand that they have. A bike bearing the Vikrant name should have been launched with a higher cc engine from the beginning. Better late than never and what better bike than the VS400.
Old 21st September 2016, 15:24   #356
BHPian

Quote:
OFFICIAL BREAKING NEWS: THE VS400 LAUNCH IS IN NOVEMBER AND IT WON'T BE A PULSAR!!!!
Thanks for sharing this. So now, i put my plans of Mojo on hold for sometime and wait for this to be launched.
Old 21st September 2016, 15:28   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Absolutely. I would say capitalize on the pull of the V Brand that they have.

A bike bearing the Vikrant name should have been launched with a higher cc engine from the beginning. Better late than never and what better bike than the VS400.
Brand "V" for the new Flagship would make no sense... V15 is already positioned lower than the Pulsars..

Mr. Bajaj is clearly gunning at Royal Enfield (just go through the entire interview) with a New Flagship Brand

Old 21st September 2016, 16:09   #358
BHPian

I like the digs Mr. Bajaj is taking Mr. Lal in the interview

However I too disagree with the fact that the VS400 will follow the Bajaj V product line, that will be murder considering that the current V lineup is positioned below the Pulsars.

While I partially agree with positioning this segment as a new brand, but I don't think having a bigger Pulsar will make that much of a difference in terms of pure brand appeal. Case in point, look at KTM Duke, available in everything from 125 to 1290. It is only the 125 to 390 which is a shared platform, the others a bigger platforms much like the VS400.

It is exciting times ahead for the Indian (mid-budget) motorcyclist. I am very keen to see how Bajaj positions the VS400 in terms of pricing especially with the 2017 Duke around the corner which may potentially see a relatively big price jump if all the rumoured features do make it to the final bike.
Old 21st September 2016, 16:13   #359
BHPian

Quote:
By sheer luck about an hour ago I opted not to take delivery of the Himalayan I had booked a couple of months ago and postponed it by a month, keeping fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
I like the digs Mr. Bajaj is taking Mr. Lal in the interview
I remember an interview where Mr.Bajaj mentioned that Mr.Lal sees all the new motorcycles from Bajaj much before they are launched. I guess they have a good professional relationship

Last edited by indivic : 21st September 2016 at 16:16.
Old 21st September 2016, 16:36   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Brand "V" for the new Flagship would make no sense... V15 is already positioned lower than the Pulsars..
Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
However I too disagree with the fact that the VS400 will follow the Bajaj V product line, that will be murder considering that the current V lineup is positioned below the Pulsars.
Bajaj had mentioned that a V20 and a V40 would form part of the line-up and the next bike was slated for a Nov launch.

News article on Team-BHP : https://www.team-bhp.com/news/bajaj-...e?tag=MjIzOQ==

Related thread : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...coming-up.html
Closed Thread