Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:59   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

Hey,Guys
My name is Hari.This is my first thread,So please excuse if any mistakes are found.Recently I had bought the Suzuki Swish 125.
In the first the scooter showed no signs of problems.Later on after the first service the scooter fails to start and keeps on stalling.So basically I have to open the throttle as soon as I push-start to keep the engine going.So in the city if I ride it slow .The engine switches off.Its really scary in the traffic.So I took it to this mechanic near my house and he adjusted the air screw and the fuel screw on the carb.This has reduced my mileage drastically and now the engine heats up.Is there a fix for this?
Thanks in advance
Hari
Haridbc140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 01:05   #2
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 12
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

Hi,

I bought a Swish in August 12. I 've done one service and 2100 km till now. and will be taking it for service at 3000 km (may take another month).

The engine stopping at low speed has happened to me also but only twice so far. Didnt take it seriously. Will check it with the service centre when I get second service done and post any updates then.

Cheers !
dearmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 01:06   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 1,492 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

As your scooter is new, go to Suzuki Service Center, and ask them to set the carb for mileage. What you are facing is primarily caused by wrong mixtures of air and petrol, which can be easily taken care of by the SC or even castrol bike service centers, where they have that RPM sensor thing.

It's not a major problem, and Swish has a strong 125cc engine, so relax! But don't let any mechanic play with the carb, as the setting is very delicate, and whenever you find that sweet spot where it gives optimum mileage as well as performance, you should be very alert and specifically tell mechanics not to touch carb settings.
ani_meher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 08:51   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 24th November 2012 at 13:48.
Haridbc140 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 25th November 2012, 15:09   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: new delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

i just test drove a Suzuki swish yesterday in Mumbai , and I must say its smoother than any comparable Honda products. the acceleration was very smooth and quick and the brakes were tight and had a strong bite. during my test drive the scooter stalled twice. I asked the dealer's employee who was also my pillion rider. he said that it was out of fuel. I think the problem of stalling is due to too much air in engine. I suppose swish should not be driven in reserve. but overall I am really impressed with the vehicle. only grouse is the choice of colors. there are no metallic colors like the ones on Honda aviator or wego
sidharth_supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 08:55   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,039
Thanked: 2,075 Times
Red face Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haridbc140 View Post
Hey,Guys
Recently I had bought the Suzuki Swish 125.
In the first the scooter showed no signs of problems.Later on after the first service the scooter fails to start and keeps on stalling.So basically I have to open the throttle as soon as I push-start to keep the engine going.So in the city if I ride it slow .The engine switches off.Its really scary in the traffic.So I took it to this mechanic near my house and he adjusted the air screw and the fuel screw on the carb.This has reduced my mileage drastically and now the engine heats up.Is there a fix for this?
Hari,

First and foremost, since your scooter is new, you should be showing the issues to the authorized service centre only. Pls refrain from going for quick fixes.
Secondly do check if the fuel is an issue. Do you face the problem if you change the filling station?

As the first service is already done, you can highlight the issue to the service centre. Does the scooter start with the manual kick or are you attempting to start the vehicle always with electric start.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 15:01   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: new delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hari,

First and foremost, since your scooter is new, you should be showing the issues to the authorized service centre only. Pls refrain from going for quick fixes.
Secondly do check if the fuel is an issue. Do you face the problem if you change the filling station?

As the first service is already done, you can highlight the issue to the service centre. Does the scooter start with the manual kick or are you attempting to start the vehicle always with electric start.
i think what you are saying is right. some days back i too was facing the same problem with my honda activa. now first drive in my morning i started with kick and rest of the day with a self start. i think its because the battery starts to get discharged and hence on low acceleration gets shut.
sidharth_supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 16:41   #8
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 1,205 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haridbc140 View Post
Hey,Guys
My name is Hari.This is my first thread,So please excuse if any mistakes are found.Recently I had bought the Suzuki Swish 125.
In the first the scooter showed no signs of problems.Later on after the first service the scooter fails to start and keeps on stalling.So basically I have to open the throttle as soon as I push-start to keep the engine going.So in the city if I ride it slow .The engine switches off.Its really scary in the traffic.So I took it to this mechanic near my house and he adjusted the air screw and the fuel screw on the carb.This has reduced my mileage drastically and now the engine heats up.Is there a fix for this?
Thanks in advance
Hari
I own a Suzuki Access 125 for almost 18 months now. The Swish 125 comes with the same engine as the Access 125. I have not faced such problems with the vehicle and IMO, it the best engine in its class.

Please take your scooter to the authorized workshop and have it checked. Giving a new scooter to a next-door mechanic is not advisable.

One question: How did you "push-start" the scooter?
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 16:52   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: new delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

i am interested in buying a suzuki swish. there is a problem with swish. dealer doesnt fit a beeper when you purchase the vehicle , he says on first service it can be installed. is it correct? he gives the argument that the whole body has to be opened to install a beeper. i dint get his logic. kindly help
sidharth_supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 22:25   #10
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,358
Thanked: 13,315 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
One question: How did you "push-start" the scooter?
Good question MAS.

I don't think it is possible to push-start a auto scooter as there is no control for the user with the transmission unit so doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_supra View Post
i am interested in buying a suzuki swish. there is a problem with swish. dealer doesnt fit a beeper when you purchase the vehicle , he says on first service it can be installed. is it correct? he gives the argument that the whole body has to be opened to install a beeper. i dint get his logic. kindly help
Hope the "Beepers" you have mentioned mean the Indicator buzzer. Aren't the indicator buzzers in the accesory list of any scooter/bike? The dealer is giving you lame excuses.

Try another dealer and see what they have to say about it. If it is possible to install in the first service then it can be done as when it is new right?!

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 08:41   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,039
Thanked: 2,075 Times
Red face Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_supra View Post
i am interested in buying a suzuki swish. there is a problem with swish. dealer doesnt fit a beeper when you purchase the vehicle , he says on first service it can be installed. is it correct? he gives the argument that the whole body has to be opened to install a beeper. i dint get his logic. kindly help
The dealer is BSing, the turn indicators can be installed during the delivery itself. I myself have seen the technician fitting them on a to be delivered Access. Assuming the body design of Swish is exactly same as Access this should be possible. The front cover of Access is removable where the battery sits and beeper connections are taken from the battery itself and routed through the turn indicator switch.

I guess the dealer doesnt have the indicators ex stock and is buying time.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 08:43   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

All fixed now!Went to the SC and had adjusted the idle.Now no stalling and pick up has increased and even mileage has drastically improved.The fuel issue is a problem when the fuel tank has fuel less than 5 litres.Them the engine starts to stall.
Haridbc140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 10:48   #13
BHPian
 
Ikoner_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

A colleague of mine went through the same problem. His bike was also getting stalled and it was quite embarrassing for him to face on-lookers as his was a new bike.Looks like this disease has spread among Swish's. By the way he has got his Carb tuned from the ASC near DG petrol bunk (Apple Auto), post which the problem seems to have vanished. You can try that place if you live close by. By the way, did you mean you "pressed start" instead of "push-start".
Ikoner_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 12:37   #14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: new delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

the dealer is also asking for 1100 rs to fit glove box in front of the scooter. the turn indicator beeper is the one dealer is tellling.
sidharth_supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 13:21   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,039
Thanked: 2,075 Times
Red face Re: Suzuki Swish 125 Stalling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haridbc140 View Post
The fuel issue is a problem when the fuel tank has fuel less than 5 litres.Them the engine starts to stall.
Could not understand. Swish has fuel tank capacity of 6 litres, so a min of 5 ltrs is required for smooth running. If the engine still stalls then the fuel is a definite culprit or the fule filter needs some serious cleaning/replacment.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suzuki Swish 125 CrAzY dRiVeR Motorbikes 14 29th January 2015 20:06
I come home in a Swish! Suzuki Swish 125 Haridbc140 Motorbikes 27 13th May 2013 21:59
Delivery woes Suzuki Access 125 raghutk Motorbikes 7 11th March 2008 15:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:39.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks