Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 11:36   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Once you wring the throttle open of both bikes, I think you can find significant difference between both (NS & CBR250R that is) Acceleration wise, I personally think, the power build-up & seat of pants feel is more in sync with the R15, though the thrust at ~8K is better. I love peaky engine & absolutely loved revving the NS.
I think from what I am hearing the Duke is the slowest amongst the four (the others being the CBR, the NS, and the R15).

Except for the Duke, all the other 3 show upwards of 145 indicated.

Or maybe they just have better speedos.

I am wondering whether to put a smaller rear sprocket on the Duke and make it also join this elite club.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 12:46   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Excellent review with great photos Preetam!

149 kmph is very very impressive. Was this with the stock tyres or the PSD's?

Makes the NS as fast (or actually faster) than the bulkier CBR 250 then.

This is actually faster than the fastest the guys field testing the bike have achieved (145), so I guess the production version must have some updates over and above those.
We had a friendly drag of the CBR and the P200...and the CBR simply gobbled up the NS in acceleration- so I can vouch it isn't as fast or actually faster than the CBR

The NS might do 149 or even 150+....difference is the time it takes. The CBR nearly hits 150 in the 5th gear itself before hitting the rev-limiter (I've done 148 in 5th before hitting trucker traffic at 158 kph in 6th) and it will do 150 everytime you want it to. How easy does the 200 do 149 needs to be seen?
pulsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 13:11   #18
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Arrow Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Great review there mate! You've covered exactly the sort of things I was looking for in a usable bike review.
The placement of the streetlights in the 8.jpg snap is wow!
Thanks mate, I tried my best to write a comprehensive review, so that others dont face any problems in their decision making process.
Thanks for the compliment on the photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Good review! Can you tell me the revs at which it does 100 kmph in top gear. I want a relaxed tourer and if it does it around say 6500 rpm I know which is going to be my next bike
Thanks extreme_torque! The NS will hit 100 Kph in top gear at 6800 RPM and it has got enough power left for highway overtakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Fantastically detailed report and fabulous pictures preetam! You have highlighted the characteristics of the bike very well. That was a very low rate of exchange for your brand new OEM tyres. Nevertheless Its good to learn that the performance of your ride has increased considerably. I checked out the bike sometime back and I was impressed. The seating comfort was way better than my P150. The seat, handlebar and foot peg placement felt very comfortable. The only problem in my opinion were the oem Eurogrips.
Ride Safe!
Thank You Blow Horn Ok! In my enthusiasm to get the Pirellis, I lowballed on the tyres, one can easily get 3000 INR for the OEM rubber. It was my birthday that day and you know how things work when you have a couple of very good and reliable yet extremely overpowering friends! Peer pressure you see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
149 kmph is very very impressive. Was this with the stock tyres or the PSD's?
Makes the NS as fast (or actually faster) than the bulkier CBR 250 then.
This is actually faster than the fastest the guys field testing the bike have achieved (145), so I guess the production version must have some updates over and above those.
149 was done on a closed stretch of road after the Pirellis were on. I can't even think of getting to 130+ with the OEM rubber!
The NS wasn't faster than the baby ceeber. All through my run on the closed stretch of road, I was behind by about a bike's length. This can also be because of my weight, which is on the higher side of 100, and the CBR rider was about 65 Kgs. The NS was filled to the brim during the run, the ceeber had just under 4 litres. However, still weighed about 15 kgs more at this time.

The Duke 200 gets overtaken in the 5th gear though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Very impressive review, Preetam. The tyres might have cost a bomb, but they look brilliant, and according to you, justify the price. Brilliant pictures. Hats off to you!
Thanks Shamik! The tyres are worth the money, every paisa of it. However I am a little concerned as to how long they will last as the compound is pretty soft. I will be happy if it does anything above 12000 Kms.

Quote:
EDIT: That is one good-looking helmet. That your artwork too?
Thanks! Yes, the helmet which you see is actually my old helmet which was a white LS2 Diamond. The lid was in pretty good shape, so dint want to buy a new one, just went to a local paint shop, got a coat of gloss black paint, and then drew the crackhead thingy with a whitener pen. The clear coat was put later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
You sure know your way with photos
nice work on pics... thx for the detailed feedback too, me currently on a 220F, making me want this!
Thank You! I have ridden a 220F and its a good bike.
The power difference and the delivery is quite different in the NS and you will enjoy it after the 220F, but I will definitely suggest you wait for the Duke 390 which is due in 4 months and according to rumours, should be priced at about 2 Lakhs! That will be a helluva ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thanks Preetam for the very good review of your new buy. Congratulations.I first saw this bike and clicked its pictures during the Independence Day V & C Car and Bike Static Display we had, earlier this year. The venue was the Bajaj dealer's premises where the KTM Duke and the 200 NS were parked among the V & C displays. I had a talk with the dealer and he told about the new features and the USP's of this bike.
I also could sense that this was very different from the earlier Pulsars. The EFI and the water cooled engine with the three spark plugs and its PERFORMANCE truly make it stand out. Your review gives a very good insight for enthusiasts.
Thanks Anjan, but this is a carbed engine and not EFI. The EFI will eventually find its place in this bike in the next model. IMO, not having EFI currently in the NS is to have enough differentiation from the Duke 200, along with USD forks and the perimeter frame which justify the premium price of the Duke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Finally the review is up. Nice choice Preetam Da.
The yellow NS looks terrific. Avishar did mention that the Pirelli's are glued to the tarmac and are an awesome upgrade from the stock tyres. Great choice of motorcycle and a great choice of color too. Ofcourse the photography is brilliant !!
Thanks Bhai! To be very honest, the yellow is the only color which brings out the lines in the bike. The red unlike in the normal pulsars, is a darker shade. The blue, I never liked, which looks almost black at night and the black makes the bike look tiny! The Black mind you, isn't the normal Pulsar gloss black, it is more of a metallic Honda City black, with maroon-ish paint particles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Good photos and an equally good review. The engine and weight distribution (stability) seem to be the only good points, from your review.
Thanks pugram! You seem to have missed the "small" part where I was going on rambling about how the bike looks!

Quote:
Regarding the "Self Cancelling" indicators, I have found them to be more of a pain than facility in my P180 and remember mumbling to myself frequently, if the designers ever used this in peak traffic.
Happy biking and do drive safe.
LOL! Agreed, but it is good to have it on a premium bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Ah, now I know whose pictures I loved so much on Facebook! Absolutely stunning, stunning pictures and the words accompanying the pictures were brilliantly put as well. Overall, one of the best reviews I've read in a long time, the metaphors are something I'm going to hold on to for any future reviews of mine!
Congrats on the awesome bike, got to ride one for a short while a few days ago and was thoroughly impressed. This is definitely a bike for the ages, a big step ahead in the biking scene.
Also, 149kmph, any observed Speedo Errors?
Also, do let me know if you find any mechanic who can tune even a Single Spark Plug engine properly. :P I've had carburetor issues for a while now and everyone gets the idling to be inconsistent with their tuning.
Looking forward to a long term review soon!
Haha! Thanks Ashwin! If you aren't there in my fb list, please send me a F Req.
The metaphors are inspired by the Great Jeremy Clarkson!
149 Kmph definitely had some error, but I will like to point out that this was on a slightly sloping decline all through from 140 onwards and it takes some time getting there. If I was a little more brave and didnt weigh on the higher side of a quintal, the bike would have done 155 Kph, I do not have a shadow of doubt about that.
As far as Bajaj mechanics in the city are concerned, I trust no one other than Auto Service, Banshankari. They are the best in business. I get it done from there, do check them out if you haven't already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Great post, Preetam, and fantastic pics, esp the street-lamps visible with starring around the light source - off-topic but may I ask which camera/lens combo?
Thanks Ricci! Shot with a Canon 7D and a Canon 24-70 2.8L.

EXIF:
30"
f/16
ISO 200
Spot Metering

Quote:
149km/h indicated speed suggests ~12-15km/h speedometer error.
True that. Must be some speedo error. But the NS does overtake the Duke 200 on the highway when in full throttle in 5th gear.

Quote:
Where you note 350km tank range, is that including reserve (i.e, running till empty) or tankful till you hit reserve ? Early reviews promised/reported very good efficiency, some claiming as much as 58+ in frugal mode, but your reported figures show otherwise. Still not bad at all considering my 220 returns only a little more.
350 Kms will be your effective range including reserve if you are belting it out on the highway redlining all gears and staying above 135 for most of your run. At 100 Kmph however, you should be getting about 450+ Kms on one tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This is a superb initial riding impression you have posted. Thanks for sharing Infact, the pics better me by some margin. P-200 NS (Pulsar 200 NS :: Ridden!)
And dude, your helmet rocks. Hope to catch up with you whenever I am @ Calcutta.
Thank You for the compliment! *Respect*
The helmet was done up by me on a LS2 shell, which used to go well with my black P150, but not so much with this.
I rarely go to Kolkata though, for most part, I am in Bangalore. Hope to catch up sometime.

Quote:
Once you wring the throttle open of both bikes, I think you can find significant difference between both (NS & CBR250R that is) Acceleration wise, I personally think, the power build-up & seat of pants feel is more in sync with the R15, though the thrust at ~8K is better. I love peaky engine & absolutely loved revving the NS.
I think optimistic speedo is at play here.
I agree in totality. The CBR is way more refined than the NS and feels more planted at higher speeds partly because of the fairing and partly because of the weight of the bike. The price difference is evident in terms of fit and finish, but the Honda after sales has been playing up a lot lately.
In terms of power delivery, the CBR is more linear and the gearbox is way more slick, sometimes too slick. The R15 holds till redlining in 3rd gear and then loses it to the NS. The exhaust of the NS is quite meaty beyond 8K rpm, true that. Aural pleasure when compared to the Duke's exhaust.
Speedo is definitely a bit optimistic, but I could easlily hold a CBR250 at bike's length all through the dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase !! Nice color.
Pulsar has always been my favorite but the tail lamp on the 200 NS is very similar to the pulsar 135 LS. That is the only downer.
Reading the report, I felt that I am reading a magazine. Pretty impressive with the pictures and those sentences.
I am not sure if its bad or good, but it is not one of those TBHP ownership reviews.
Thanks F150! I really want BAL to do something about the back end. All Bajaj bike have atleast one major downside and this is no exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
OMG ! Did you say 145kmph ??? 140+ was thrilling but scary in my 220 F despite its 150+ kgs. Wondering how scary this lil' one is !!! By the way what is the rated top speed?
It is scary alright. Without any fairing whatsoever, the NS fishtails like crazy at 149 but with a bit more of a push and slightly less weight on board, indicated speed can go to the CBR's claimed top speed of 155 Kmph, no doubt there. At 149 Kmph, the dial showed 9700 RPM.

Quote:
Absolutely right. That is the sole reason this bike is not much inspiring to the eyes and reminds of the paltry 135 LS. Bajaj either shouldnt have had the 135 at all or should have really remodelled the NS. To me, this one reason is a deal breaker, especially the look from the side and rear.
In my mind, the 135 LS was a bike made during the formative days of the 200NS. I know it was a long time ago, but the Bajaj guys may have taken the shape right out of the LS's design. The side looks fine, the deal breaker to my mind can only be the rear 3/4th. Also, if you look closely the front ends of the LS and the NS are pretty similar too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I think from what I am hearing the Duke is the slowest amongst the four (the others being the CBR, the NS, and the R15).
Except for the Duke, all the other 3 show upwards of 145 indicated. Or maybe they just have better speedos.
I am wondering whether to put a smaller rear sprocket on the Duke and make it also join this elite club.
I am sure the CBR is the fastest among the three, followed by the NS as a close second. The Duke will eat the NS in acceleration and the R15 for breakfast, lunch and dinner in terms of everything thats at stake.
The duke will most definitely match the ceeber in terms of acceleration and in the city, will be faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsurge View Post
We had a friendly drag of the CBR and the P200...and the CBR simply gobbled up the NS in acceleration- so I can vouch it isn't as fast or actually faster than the CBR
The NS might do 149 or even 150+....difference is the time it takes. The CBR nearly hits 150 in the 5th gear itself before hitting the rev-limiter (I've done 148 in 5th before hitting trucker traffic at 158 kph in 6th) and it will do 150 everytime you want it to. How easy does the 200 do 149 needs to be seen?
True. It should, otherwise why would anyone pay 70,000 more? uncontrol:
One more thing to mention though is that the NS has a taller 6th gear than the CBR 250R's.



Some more figures which I did not include in the review.

Top speeds in each gear:


1st : 55 @ 10,300 RPM
2nd : 75 @ 10,300 RPM
3rd : 92 @ 10,000 RPM
4th : 114 @ 10,000 RPM
5th : 134 @ 10,000 RPM
6th : 149 @ 9700 RPM

I will try and do a run with a Go Pro HD, till then I will have to let the figures talk. Thanks to all for the compliments!

I would like to note that the speeds mentioned here, were achieved on a closed road with levelled tarmac. We had protective gear on all through the runs. Please do not try these speeds on public roads, obey traffic rules and speed limits.

Cheers!
Preetam

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 30th November 2012 at 13:22.
preetam_KORG is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 13:40   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
True. It should, otherwise why would anyone pay 70,000 more? uncontrol:
==================

Cheers!
Preetam
Not just the top speed, but the composure of the engine at high speeds- it won't give you the feel that its doing 150- yes the windblast does.

About taller gear- I have a doubt, as I remember my CBR doing 150 kph @ 9500 rpm.

In fact another example is when I rode the CBR and the NS back to back- the NS does 115 in top gear @ 7500 rpm where the CBR does it at 7200 rpm.
pulsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 14:04   #20
BHPian
 
pugram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 271
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Thanks pugram! You seem to have missed the "small" part where I was going on rambling about how the bike looks!
Your photos do all the justice for the looks dept. I think BAL can borrow a few pictures for their use
pugram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 14:20   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Another small observation- pls do correct if am wrong, the NS does 70 @ 5000 rpm in top gear and the CBR does 80 at the same rpm. Amply clear that the gearing is slightly shorter to what you have said.

Anyways- getting back to the review. Had kept it for reading at relaxed pace. Very very well written. And congrats on the ownership.
pulsurge is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 15:04   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

@Preetam

I realise this is a theoretical argument (though I have ridden quite a lot with a test NS to know different), but my question is this:

If the overall top end of the Duke 200 is the same as the 5th gear top speed of a 200NS,

and

If the Duke 200 accelerates much quicker than a 200NS.

Does it not stand to reason that the 200NS can never catch the Duke in 5th - even given an infinite endless road?

Assuming of course that both start together.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 16:56   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 327
Thanked: 163 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Preetham Nice Review and Photos. I was considering the Pulsar 200 NS. The only thing I did not like was the 12 Liter Tank and the Service Centres of Bajaj. Had an CT 100 for about three years, every service used to cost me around 1,000/-. However, my Suzuki GS 150 which has clocked 80,000 KMS costs only an average Rs.600 per service (with AMC). For example, the rear brake shoe lasts upto 25,000 KMS on my GS 150. However in my CT 100 I used to replace every 8,000 KMS (front and rear). Your point about build quality is true. Bajaj quality is still not that up of Japs Counterparts, but is catching up. Another irritating is only three free services if i am correct. Is the electric fully DC. Does the Headlight runs on Battery or not. Do keep the thread alive as you munch more kilometers.
Sarvodaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 17:03   #24
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Thumbs up Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsurge View Post
Another small observation- pls do correct if am wrong, the NS does 70 @ 5000 rpm in top gear and the CBR does 80 at the same rpm. Amply clear that the gearing is slightly shorter to what you have said.
Anyways- getting back to the review. Had kept it for reading at relaxed pace. Very very well written. And congrats on the ownership.

Thanks pulsurge for reading the review at a leisurely pace. That way the feedback becomes more detailed!
Also, thank you for correcting me, what I meant was the other way round, as in the CBR has a taller 6th gear than the NS. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
@Preetam

I realise this is a theoretical argument (though I have ridden quite a lot with a test NS to know different), but my question is this:
If the overall top end of the Duke 200 is the same as the 5th gear top speed of a 200NS,

and

If the Duke 200 accelerates much quicker than a 200NS.
Does it not stand to reason that the 200NS can never catch the Duke in 5th - even given an infinite endless road?

Assuming of course that both start together.
The duke will stay ahead in 5th or maybe just neck in neck, if you dont mind a blown 200 NS engine on an infinite open road! In test conditions the the KTM should be ahead. However, I have taken on the occassional KTM on the road, and when rolling, the KTM doesnt pull away as fast or at all, if the NS is in the right gear. Also another simple explanation is that the Duke in India is limited to a 138.
preetam_KORG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 17:22   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
The duke will stay ahead in 5th or maybe just neck in neck, if you dont mind a blown 200 NS engine on an infinite open road! In test conditions the the KTM should be ahead. However, I have taken on the occassional KTM on the road, and when rolling, the KTM doesnt pull away as fast or at all, if the NS is in the right gear. Also another simple explanation is that the Duke in India is limited to a 138.
As I said, theoretically, there is no way a NS would overtake a flat out Duke in 5th gear - even going by the numbers posted by you, if both started together.

In practice, however, with real life riding conditions and traffic, things are very different and my experience has been the opposite of yours.

And this is the open highway we are talking here, not city.

That is, every time there is a break in traffic, an opening, the Duke is gone, and the NS telescopes just as the next slow down comes up. If the traffic is sparser, the NS is soon at parity, but I have never had the NS overtake me.

Admittedly, this is one NS and one rider I am talking about, and the production NS's could be different, but I am pretty sure he was not laboring in 5th, even though a blow up would not have been on his pocket.

P.S. The new Dukes are limited to 132-133. The older ones were 135-136 (138 with the right conditions).

Last edited by ebonho : 30th November 2012 at 17:26.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 19:08   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,207
Thanked: 4,829 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
I rarely go to Kolkata though, for most part, I am in Bangalore. Hope to catch up sometime.
Your location mentioned Calcutta, hence...

Quote:
I agree in totality. The CBR is way more refined than the NS and feels more planted at higher speeds partly because of the fairing and partly because of the weight of the bike. The price difference is evident in terms of fit and finish, but the Honda after sales has been playing up a lot lately.
In terms of power delivery, the CBR is more linear and the gearbox is way more slick, sometimes too slick. The R15 holds till redlining in 3rd gear and then loses it to the NS. The exhaust of the NS is quite meaty beyond 8K rpm, true that. Aural pleasure when compared to the Duke's exhaust.
Speedo is definitely a bit optimistic, but I could easlily hold a CBR250 at bike's length all through the dash.
Okay, I differ a bit. I found the NS's engine to be quite refined, though the bike which I rode was new, but shall update after riding another friend's bike.
And agree to most points. Though the way the CBR pulls, I think the gap shall increase post 120kmph. IIRC, mags 've put the fig of NS & 250R at ~130 & ~145 respectively.

Had an R15 earlier. I topped at 132 (ran out of road) & 128 was done in 5th. I rarely used to see upwards of 120kmph in my commute, whereas on the CBR, 135+ comes up almost everyday.



Quote:
at 149 but with a bit more of a push and slightly less weight on board, indicated speed can go to the CBR's claimed top speed of 155 Kmph, no doubt there. At 149 Kmph, the dial showed 9700 RPM.
Please factor in increased cc, FI, higher power & torque figure. It weighs a bit, but still...

If the KTM 200 is de-restricted, it just might. Though there is much more to a bike than discussing top-end. You rarely reach


Quote:
The duke will most definitely match the ceeber in terms of acceleration and in the city, will be faster.
That sweet chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho
That is, every time there is a break in traffic, an opening, the Duke is gone, and the NS telescopes just as the next slow down comes up.
+1. No way I am undermining NS, but doesn't feel as a significant upgrade in power over others (P-220, R15).

And boys (me included) not all bikes race with you
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 19:32   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 1,279 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Haha! Thanks Ashwin! If you aren't there in my fb list, please send me a F Req.
The metaphors are inspired by the Great Jeremy Clarkson!
149 Kmph definitely had some error, but I will like to point out that this was on a slightly sloping decline all through from 140 onwards and it takes some time getting there. If I was a little more brave and didnt weigh on the higher side of a quintal, the bike would have done 155 Kph, I do not have a shadow of doubt about that.
As far as Bajaj mechanics in the city are concerned, I trust no one other than Auto Service, Banshankari. They are the best in business. I get it done from there, do check them out if you haven't already.

Cheers!
Preetam
I need to watch Top Gear more often.

Probably a little fairing might help the bike reach slightly higher speeds too! For the short while that I rode the NS, I did find it slightly weird at the rider's seat, particularly the knees, but maybe that's because I was just riding the bike for the first time. I was quite surprised at Bajaj deciding to go with Eurogrip tyres when the industry norm was MRF. Glad to see you went for the Pirelli, although I have my reservations on how effective that may be on Bangalore (if I may call them so)roads, we have nails, staple pins lying everywhere, so a soft compound tyre is always prone to a puncture.

Also, Venkat's Auto Service is only for Bajaj Bikes. I have a Hero Honda Hunk, any idea where I can drop if off for service? The guys at Prakash Motors don't even know to tune the carb, they claim that a varying RPM needle is normal!
ashwin.terminat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 22:53   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KA
Posts: 336
Thanked: 222 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

I started with a Pulsar way back in 2005 and bought a 180 then. Man, it was a head turner, but since then lot many competitors have barged into the arena, leaving it no more a one machine show.
I own a P200 now and sport 35k kms on the ODO. What delights me most is the maintenance cost. I wouldn't have spent more than 5-7k till now including my paid services. I am very happy with my Pulsar and surely feel, its still the king of Roads no matter what may come. I must say, Honda bikes are really good and their refinement shows here too.

Coming to PNS, it looks cool, sporty and much more sound technologically indeed, but i expected something revolutionary in the looks department. I agree that looks are subjective, but i guess no one would disagree on one point. IT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER, MUCH BETTER.

Nevertheless, its a gem of an engine. All the best and happy motoring
Shiv_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 14:22   #29
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I need to watch Top Gear more often.

Probably a little fairing might help the bike reach slightly higher speeds too! For the short while that I rode the NS, I did find it slightly weird at the rider's seat, particularly the knees, but maybe that's because I was just riding the bike for the first time. I was quite surprised at Bajaj deciding to go with Eurogrip tyres when the industry norm was MRF. Glad to see you went for the Pirelli, although I have my reservations on how effective that may be on Bangalore (if I may call them so)roads, we have nails, staple pins lying everywhere, so a soft compound tyre is always prone to a puncture.

Also, Venkat's Auto Service is only for Bajaj Bikes. I have a Hero Honda Hunk, any idea where I can drop if off for service? The guys at Prakash Motors don't even know to tune the carb, they claim that a varying RPM needle is normal!
Sorry Ashwin, all I have owned are bajaj bikes, so I dont know of a good Hero mech in the city. However, will be in the lookout, will let you know if I come across someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
I started with a Pulsar way back in 2005 and bought a 180 then. Man, it was a head turner, but since then lot many competitors have barged into the arena, leaving it no more a one machine show.
I own a P200 now and sport 35k kms on the ODO. What delights me most is the maintenance cost. I wouldn't have spent more than 5-7k till now including my paid services. I am very happy with my Pulsar and surely feel, its still the king of Roads no matter what may come. I must say, Honda bikes are really good and their refinement shows here too.

Coming to PNS, it looks cool, sporty and much more sound technologically indeed, but i expected something revolutionary in the looks department. I agree that looks are subjective, but i guess no one would disagree on one point. IT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER, MUCH BETTER.

Nevertheless, its a gem of an engine. All the best and happy motoring
Thanks Shiv! To each his own. The 200NS could have been way better, I agree to that!
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 21:48   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 1,279 Times
Default Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Sorry Ashwin, all I have owned are bajaj bikes, so I dont know of a good Hero mech in the city. However, will be in the lookout, will let you know if I come across someone.
No problem. Ride safe and enjoy the NS!
ashwin.terminat is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bajaj Avenger 200 ownership review at 50,000 kms highway_star Motorbikes 42 29th November 2015 17:26
Bajaj Pulsar 180 UG4 - Ownership review. 2 Years & 13,000 kms nilaykmrsr Motorbikes 21 26th December 2014 22:49
New Bajaj Pulsar 180 and 200 bikes Gregory Motorbikes 57 12th October 2011 12:08
Maruti SX4 Zxi - 2200 Kms report sathya_nars Long-Term Ownership Reviews 411 10th October 2007 12:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:37.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks