Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd December 2012, 22:01   #1
BHPian

Default Honda to introduce new scooter!

Looks like Honda is gearing up to kick open a all new segment! maxxi scooters!!

Further Read - http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...xt-year/15214/

A good move from Honda!!
vinair is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2012, 22:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda to introduce new scooter!

A good move from Honda. A bold one because it appeals to a very niche crowd. Not really a mass market vehicle.

Looks good, if priced well, should be a good buy for those who want the power of a bike but the practicality of a scooter. I'm just hoping it doesn't go the way of the Kinetic Blaze which was over ambitious for it's time.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 09:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: Honda to introduce new scooter!

+1 to Ashwin.
The scooter looks quite bulky hence the female buyers wont be much interested. I hope this does not go the Blaze way and geniunely finds a niche market. Paying 80 K for a scooter would be an overkill.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 11:33   #4
BHPian

Post Re: Honda to introduce new scooter!

Not surprisingly, the design is heavily borrowed from their bike-making legacy. The parentage is undeniable.

Not entirely sure what to make of the scooter's looks. Let's just say I find the styling a little unconventional, but tilting toward the good. Who knows, this could as well turn out to be a breakthrough design in the scooter category.

Although prima facie, doesn't look like it will appeal much to the fairer sex with that bulk and those ample touches of machismo.

Honda seem to want to justify the premium price tag through "performance and elite features first time seen in the scooter class". What that will comprise actually remains to be seen.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 24th December 2012 at 11:35.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 12:25   #5
BHPian

Thanks Vinair for bringing this info. However, the review does not say about engine specs.

Probably it is time that TVS brought their stepthroughs (Neo et al.) into India and with a few modifications perhaps can match the Honda offering.
soonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 13:21   #6
BHPian

This is the PCX 150, which is an upgrade from the earlier PCX125. I have ridden the PCX125 and I must say, it was just awesome!

The 14" wheels and and larger tank capacity will enable very comfy rides and highways, which were the dominion of motorcycles, can now grace these scoots on them. Ladies can start touring with a very short learning curve.

The gearing is the usual CVT that we see on all the scooters, so just a twist of the throttle and away she goes.

This thing is surely a premium scooter and will command a much higher price tag.

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 15:06   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Ladies can start touring with a very short learning curve.
They can do so on any of the existing touring motorbikes available in the market already, why wait for a scooter? I'd surely like to see more women take to motorbike riding, I wonder why they restrain themselves to the auto-tired scooters though.
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 16:23   #8
BHPian

Looks great! Hope they find takers for this. This might sell as, Honda have had their presence in India for quite a while and this is their own product (So, spares and the likes should not be a concern)

As for the Blaze, it bombed due to the fact that, mechanics have a hard time repairing it or procuring the spares.

A friend of mine has a Red Blaze (bought it for the beautiful looks) and like he tells me, has a hard time looking around for mechanics to fix any problems. Says, that the mechanics are not at all willing to touch that scooter.

However, the road gripping fantastic bike-like ride coupled with the pick up make it so darn desirable! Had it not been for the A$$...Sigh!!!!

Hope, Honda does well in it's efforts to milk the premium scooter territory.
MetalBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 00:28   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

80K for a scooter is an overdose and with petrol prices rising it will not make sense for the buyers who are interested.

Seeing the looks it does have a bike design cue hidden in it somewhere and the rear tire doesnot fill the wheel well fully and looks awkward to me so does the small silencer. But you never know Honda has a good fate with its scooters clicking good.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 09:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Looks great and good move by Honda IMO.
This looks like a cross over between scooter and bike. I kinda like it. Looks muscular
I never liked Blaze cause of its design. Though engine & ride was good, it looked bulky specially at the front!

Some more pics, courtesy Google search!
Attached Images

HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 14:46   #11
BHPian

Powerful engine, comfort of a bike, convenience of a scooter, and Honda reliability, all at 80 K - I'd book one now.
abybabykcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 13:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

If Honda manages to price it below 1 lac & pack it with decent amount of power, then this can be good cruiser/tourer. Can we expect it in 2013?
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 14:42   #13
BHPian

Probably introducing its Thailand's lineup in India...
abhijeetsng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 07:07   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hitting on an old thread, any idea about Honda maxxi scooters to be launched anytime in a year or so?
BoneCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 11:06   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hitting on an old thread, any idea about Honda maxxi scooters to be launched anytime in a year or so?
+1.

I had asked this question recently in another thread. Even I'm looking at exchanging our Maestro for something better (Relocation to Bangalore being the main reason). Only Vespa is available, although its not much of an upgrade except in terms of quality.

946 yes, but I have a feeling it will be priced well north of 150k.

Any recent news regarding the premium scooters?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th August 2013 at 11:08.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote