Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 30th May 2016, 18:39   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The story of my Honda Dio. EDIT: Horrible after sales & engine trouble!

Nice to see love for the dio.

I (rather, she!) has a Dio since May-2005. I for sure, cannot own anything beyond 2-5 years!

The scoot has done about 38K in 11 years. It has had its share of troubles and honestly after 3-4 years I gave up on A.S.S, they are pretty much that without the "."

Drive belt , bell, bore kit (piston + rings), head rework+valves - were done between 9-10th year. Pretty much due to age rather than ODO (means, we ignored service intervals after 6-8 years). Just fill petrol, go to buy milk, pick up stuff from market, abused by 1 or 2 neighbourhood aunties once in a while for dropping their kids at bus point, etc, etc.

Honestly was rethinking of selling the dio and getting a new one. Then realized, it IS doing what it was intended to do back in may-2005. Just pamper her once a year (she is due now), and she should last for a few more years of (ab)use.

PS - front wheel bearings are shot, front tyre is still from showroom (yeah I know, I am asking for it!) rear brake drum was machined by a idiot somewhere along these 11 years and it is horrible when cold, needs to warm up to brake correctly.

Expecting at least few more years before I decide to gift the scoot off to some needy person.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2016, 19:23   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: The story of my Honda Dio. EDIT: Horrible after sales & engine trouble!

Recently my Dio completed four years and 2016 has seen the least usage of this scoot since apart from running errands of 1-2kms it doesnt go anywhere else. Hence at this stage, the odo still stands at 14900kms and I got a service done since it was almost six or more months that it got a service and it was begging for one since the brakes had become weak and the clutch was jerky at low speeds. In addition to the service, the rear tyres had little tread left hence replaced it with new MRF Zappers. Was advised by mechanic to go for a brand called Gabriel but it was the first time I heard about it and the tread pattern was same as MRF and with a 5year warranty. But I did not want to change something that was fine with something unheard of.

Total cost came up to 2770 which included 1500 for the tyre and 700 for the oil. Apart from this it was just some regular service and random small jobs. The service was done at Unique Bike service, BSK who have never failed to impress me with the quality of service. Though the bill included some small add ons, the detail of cleaning and care taken will compensate for the same.

Here is my dio after four years:

The story of my Honda Dio. EDIT: Horrible after sales & engine trouble!-img_3284.jpg

The story of my Honda Dio. EDIT: Horrible after sales & engine trouble!-img_3286.jpg

There are some scars on the front mudguard caused by some scrape to a pillar when my dad was using it. Apart from this the rear grab handle has taken some abuse both of which I will replace soon. Apart from this, the sides of the front hood has taken some scratches which thanks to the PPF installed hasnt penetrated into the paint

Since I dont have time to do some TLC and detailing, these issues will take some time to get sorted.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote