Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 30th May 2016, 18:39   #106
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: The story of my Honda Dio. EDIT: Horrible after sales & engine trouble!

Nice to see love for the dio.

I (rather, she!) has a Dio since May-2005. I for sure, cannot own anything beyond 2-5 years!

The scoot has done about 38K in 11 years. It has had its share of troubles and honestly after 3-4 years I gave up on A.S.S, they are pretty much that without the "."

Drive belt , bell, bore kit (piston + rings), head rework+valves - were done between 9-10th year. Pretty much due to age rather than ODO (means, we ignored service intervals after 6-8 years). Just fill petrol, go to buy milk, pick up stuff from market, abused by 1 or 2 neighbourhood aunties once in a while for dropping their kids at bus point, etc, etc.

Honestly was rethinking of selling the dio and getting a new one. Then realized, it IS doing what it was intended to do back in may-2005. Just pamper her once a year (she is due now), and she should last for a few more years of (ab)use.

PS - front wheel bearings are shot, front tyre is still from showroom (yeah I know, I am asking for it!) rear brake drum was machined by a idiot somewhere along these 11 years and it is horrible when cold, needs to warm up to brake correctly.

Expecting at least few more years before I decide to gift the scoot off to some needy person.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote