Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 30th January 2014, 06:02   #16

Default Re: Teaching the Wife to Ride a Scooter

Does anyone know of an instructor who can teach scooter driving for my wife (we live in konanakunte cross, kanakapura road). Sort of urgent.

thanks

vp
vpbs_bak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 20:07   #17
BHPian

Smile Re: Teaching the Wife to Ride a Scooter

Nice Thread.

My wife had ridden bicycle in her early years. So she had the balance and I tried teaching her taming the bull(RE TBTS 350). The low seat height combined with weight of bike and relatively slow pickup helped the cause. She had her initial shares of stalling the bike but learned quick. Whenever I took back seat, people used to turn back and notice a girl riding the Royal Enfield.

With the bike in my hometown now, she has an Yamaha alfa for daily commute in Bengaluru. Teaching her 4 wheeler now. She is a good learner but makes too many mental calculations prior to performing an action. I take her out post 11 PM on relatively empty stretches to calm the nerves. Hopefully she will be lending a hand in near future during our long drives.
Suryendu87 is online now   Reply With Quote