Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th May 2006, 21:11   #1

Default Good helmets in Pune?

Could someone please tell me where i can get good helmets , like , say an AGV in Pune.......my budget is 2k -3.5k....thanks!!
nbmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2006, 21:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Did you check champion sports? I guess, there are couple of helmet shops on Tilak Road as well. Not sure if they sell hi-end helmets though.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 14:22   #3
BHPian

Wink

hey , does anyone where i can get a good ISI half-shell ( cruiser ) helmet in chennai ?? i tried mount road . they have some pretty looking stuff but they are not branded or anything . . so was just wondering. . .

do reply . . .
thanks
jake
jakesride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 15:46   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

You can get AGV & GP1 helmets from a shop in MG road, I forgot the name of the shop but its diagonally opposite to Marzorin
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 15:45   #5

the name of the shop is funkys. he also stocks STMs n Index lids. they r also pretty good.
speedin' angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 07:29   #6
BHPian

Default Pune Helmets

Is the funkys still there? Also, any other shop which has come up in the recent past?
adabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Check 'probiker' next to ABN AMRO ATM off MG Road if you are looking for Bike accessories in Camp area. DSG (planetdsg.com) shop is also nearby in lane next to Marz O Rin.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:18   #8
BHPian

Shakti Sports has opened a bigger shop on Tilak Rd (with the usual low-end ones, Studds/Volga etc)

For high-end stuff check out the planetdsg shop as sukiwa suggested.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Check 'probiker' next to ABN AMRO ATM off MG Road if you are looking for Bike accessories in Camp area. DSG (planetdsg.com) shop is also nearby in lane next to Marz O Rin.
+1 and to add on to it. If you are not a big "imported helmet" fan. Go to this place. Its some Vega showroom that also stocks helmets imported by Vega. After spending 1000's of bucks on Cross, AGV and what not, i finally found the Vega Boolean to be an excellent buy for Rs.1950. The best part was, they can service your Vega helmet to the tiniest screw! A friend got the entire front jaw portion changed on his Vega Boolean! And thats cause this is a Vega store.

Cross is good but expensive and you will never ever find a replacement visor for less than Rs.350. Also, they are all tinted and no clear visor is available. The visor locking mechanism changes every 6 months on newer models and then you spend additional Rs.100 to change this mechanism to fit the visor available at that point of time. So a 3k helmet will cost you Rs.500 every 6-8 months (sooner or later based on how soon you screw up your visor.)
Nilesh5417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:06   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Nilesh, is this Vega store the same as Probiker? Where exactly is it located?
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
You can get AGV & GP1 helmets from a shop in MG road, I forgot the name of the shop but its diagonally opposite to Marzorin
Are you talking about DSG (Dream Sporting Gear)? They also have a website(PlanetDSG : The only Indian store for Motorcycle Riding Gear..) where you can buy online.

EDIT: Just checked, they don't have Helmets on their website.

Last edited by vabs78 : 22nd January 2010 at 15:18.
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

I found 3 shops on MG road selling helmets. They were all sports shops. Most stocked Safe, Studds, Vega and other local brands.

I was looking for a AGV, but couldn't find it.

@Technocrat

I checked out the shop diagonally opposite Marzorin. Some Kukreja sports... He does not stalk AGV anymore. There was another shop just after the crossing which had a lot of stickers but just Studds and Vega.

Last edited by EssYouWe : 22nd January 2010 at 15:16.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 14:13   #13
BHPian

I bought a CROSS Helmet from Pro-biker a few months back. The overall construction and padding on the inside is good. I also liked the fact that you can remove the inner padding and put it to wash.

I agree though with Nilesh about the Visor on CROSS Helmets, they do not have a clear visor and you surely will face problems while riding at night. Visor replacement is also a tad expensive. Mine is already got several gravel scratches on a ride to bangalore.
lionell is offline   Reply With Quote