Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th November 2013, 00:11   #16
Default Re: Exporting a Motorcycle from India to the UK?

Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Secondly - there are scams where some scamster puts up an ad for a luxury car at a throw away price and goes about the same "Paypal, agent pick up" way.
Add "Escrow" to that list as well. Some time back I came across an Audi TT Coupe for Rs 200,000. The guy's had an Indian name but was in Italy. The initial communication was quite enthusiastic from his end. He shared information about how the Escrow works, the inspection period, refund policy etc. He said he bought the vehicle in India and took with him to Italy. However when I asked where in India he bought the vehicle, dealer information, registration number, I never received a response
simplynitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 01:00   #17
Default Re: Exporting a Motorcycle from India to the UK?

This is a very common scam, esp in craigslist. They quote cars for super cheap prices and add an emotional story to why they are selling it so low, asking payments to be transferred in paypal.
kraft.wagen is offline   Reply With Quote