Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 28th November 2013, 12:08   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)

Did another tank-tank petrol fill for FE calculations.
Drove for 245 kms and then filled 7.7 litres of petrol@shell. So FE stands at close to 32 kmpl, which is a bumper bonus for me.

The ride was mostly around180 kms on Nice road (express way) with average speed of 90+ and rest in city traffic. I also tend to idle the bullet for a minute in early mornings and after last ride for the day.

Considering all these, 32kmpl FE is too good for a 500cc!

PS: odo now stands at 2800kms. Getting there!
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 10:49   #32
BHPian

My Bull has clocked 3.2k kms so far. I left the vehicle this morning for service at HSR Services, KR Road. This is my 1st paid service as it had missed the original 2nd and 3rd free services. I've asked them to do a full service and wheel alignment this time. Reached there at around 8am, by when few bulls were already lined up for service. They have promised delivery by tomorrow afternoon.

This service station seemed more professional than the Bannerghata one, where it was mostly chaotic and rude behavior.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 15:06   #33
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)

Picked up my bike from service yesterday and the overall experience was highly professional. I was offered a test ride before processing the bill which was unheard of in Bannerghata Road; Bill details were explained and the chief mechanic explained me the schedule for subsequent services etc. Overall .

Breakdown of this service expenditure -
Paid Service charges - Rs. 425
Consumables - Rs.50
Engine Oil - Rs. 772
Oil Filter - Rs. 89.

Also, I added additional LED fog lights to my bull as the headlights were not sufficient enough during my mysore trip. Got a 20W LED set for Rs.1400 from Sandya Motors and the results are fabulous. It complements the main projector lamp very well in terms of looks.
Front View
Name:  Front View.jpg
Views: 13137
Size:  173.1 KB

Close up view
Name:  Close Up View.jpg
Views: 3514
Size:  173.1 KB

From driving position
Name:  From Cockpit.jpg
Views: 3452
Size:  180.1 KB

When lit during night.
The illumination is very good when I tried it on a pitch dark road late last night.
Name:  Lights On.jpg
Views: 3977
Size:  87.8 KB
Old 19th December 2013, 15:35   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I too got my Thunderbird 500 about 20 days back, have finished the first servicing and the odo stands at 830kms.
Hi apachelongbow,

Congrats to you for acquiring a wonderful piece of machinery.

I too ride the same beast and am surprised that you get 35kmpl, I cannot mange more that 25 kmpl during the incity riding. my worst avg was 22 kmpl clocked last week.

Cheers again !!
Jimmy
Jimmy_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 21:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Picked up my bike from service yesterday and the overall experience was highly professional. I was offered a test ride before processing the bill which was unheard of in Bannerghata Road; Bill details were explained and the chief mechanic explained me the schedule for subsequent services etc. Overall .

Breakdown of this service expenditure -
Paid Service charges - Rs. 425
Consumables - Rs.50
Engine Oil - Rs. 772
Oil Filter - Rs. 89.

Also, I added additional LED fog lights to my bull as the headlights were not sufficient enough during my mysore trip. Got a 20W LED set for Rs.1400 from Sandya Motors and the results are fabulous. It complements the main projector lamp very well in terms of looks.
Front View
Attachment 1180409

Close up view
Attachment 1180410

From driving position
Attachment 1180411

When lit during night.
The illumination is very good when I tried it on a pitch dark road late last night.
Attachment 1180412
Nice one.can you post some photo of the switch assembly?
It would be great if you can share the circuit.
white-rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 15:39   #36
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Nice one.can you post some photo of the switch assembly?
It would be great if you can share the circuit.
Hi,
Apologies for the delay, as I couldn't login for the last few days. Here is the picture of switch assembly. Unfortunately, I was away when fitting was done and hence do not have the wiring pictures.

My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)-20140116_083148.jpg

Another general update is that I've changed the exhaust to WildBoar. The thump is quite amazing.

My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)-20131221_122727.jpg

Only sore point are those odd misfirings whilst releasing accelerator. Checked with showroom and was told not to worry about it, as they have seen quite a few 500cc EFIs with (free flow) wildboar exhausts and no problems so far.
Old 26th January 2014, 21:51   #37
BHPian

I have same pair of lights.Does it holds on the clamp provided? I too facing the same issue with WB. But I can live with that. WB rocks!
white-rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 11:57   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
I have same pair of lights.Does it holds on the clamp provided? I too facing the same issue with WB. But I can live with that. WB rocks!

Mine holds nicely onto the clamps. However I do check and tighten them once a week, as they may tend to get a bit loose with vibrations.
Where have you fitted yours?
Old 20th February 2014, 12:10   #39
BHPian

My TBTS500 recently completed one year of relatively trouble free ownership and coincidentally around the same time completed 5k kms.

My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)-img_20140130_191331.jpg

Also managed to do a 850kms ride during one of the weekends. Will post more details on that later.

Last edited by ventoman : 20th February 2014 at 12:11.
Old 21st February 2014, 21:28   #40

Hi Ventoman, congratulations on a fairly satisfying year with the bird, i'm sure it'll keep that grin on your face for years to come!

I have booked a TB350 expected to come around April-May and i'm really considering switching to the Wildboar you've installed. would you know how it would fare on the 350 car engine as far as the misfirings are concerned? Also, how much did you source it for?

All the best, Ismail
Ismail2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2014, 09:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismail2512 View Post

I have booked a TB350 expected to come around April-May and i'm really considering switching to the Wildboar you've installed. would you know how it would fare on the 350 car engine as far as the misfirings are concerned? Also, how much did you source it for?
Congratulations on your soon to come TB350. Wildboar exhaust is quite good and the misfiring has reduced significantly (but still there) since the last 850 kms trip. I know for sure that such free flow exhausts work fine with EFI engines, as I've quite a few friends with such bulls & exhausts. However I'm not sure about how these exhausts will go with 350 carb engine. Might be worth checking with RE service center. I'll be going for a paid service in the next 10 days or so. I'll check with them and get back to you on this.

Btw, I bought it for Rs.2700 from Sandya Motors, JC Road, Bangalore.

Last edited by ventoman : 23rd February 2014 at 09:58.
Old 7th July 2014, 22:06   #42

Hi Ventoman, long since any new update from you on the retro bull. I did finally took delivery of my TB350 on 12th June - done with first service and clocked 1200 kms thus far.

Coming to the exhaust - I checked but haven't found the exhaust you have on your bike in Mumbai, maybe I'll have to order online. The one i found was the one attached. Not sure if this will go with TB.

Anyways, look forward to more posts (and pictures) of your bird. Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)-1.jpg  

Ismail2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 19:54   #43
BHPian

Default 2 years update

Apologies for the long pending update. Last one year has been quiet boring with Bullet doing the routine work-home rides twice or so in a week. However, It's completed a hassle free 2 years and been a real pleasure to ride. ***touchwood***

I started giving it for service every 3k KMs at my known garage during when it's the usual oil change + any wear & tear replacements. So far, only the instrument cluster has been changed under warranty at about 8.5k kms. Since then it's done around 4k kms all within Bangalore and waiting for that long pending ride.

Below are some snaps to keep you engaged until the next update.

Rock solid as always

My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)-20150331_184306.jpg

With old Electra handle bar and mirror setup

My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)-20140706_1043562.jpg

New instrument cluster ODO

My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)-20150331_184450.jpg

Trip meter offset continues even on new cluster

My Retro Bullet : TBTS 500 (flicker)-20150331_184459.jpg
Old 1st April 2015, 06:40   #44
BHPian

Default Re: 2 years update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
...... With old Electra handle bar and mirror setup ....
Is the ride position comfortable?, to me the stock bars looked too tall & i was thinking that an electra bar could be of good use. pl share your experience.
Rennjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 08:20   #45
BHPian

Default Re: 2 years update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
Is the ride position comfortable?, to me the stock bars looked too tall & i was thinking that an electra bar could be of good use. pl share your experience.
Yes. It's feels slightly more relaxed with Electra bar and gels well with rest of the chrome on the front side. They are much easier to maneuver around the city too . I had used it for close to 6 months and found it be extremely comfortable (I'm 6ft tall btw). Only last week, I reverted back to stock setup as I was getting bored with that setup.