Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 16th February 2013, 20:47   #1
BHPian

Default Weekend bike for 2 lakhs?

Dear Guys,

Finally sold the boring Yamaha FZ after about two months of struggle.

Now, i request all the guys to suggest a bike. The budget is as 200k and the usage will be just for the saturdays for a sole ride. Requirements are as below,

1) No bending posture whatsover.
2) Bike needs to give good amount of torque.
3) Shouldnt make the rider get bored too soon.

Please suggest.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th February 2013 at 10:22. Reason: Please start thread with meaningful title instead of generic 'please help'.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 21:23   #2
BHPian

Default re: Weekend bike for 2 lakhs?

The following options:
1. DUKE200: great torque and a revv happy engine. Good riding position.
2. CBR250R: seeing many of them now-a-days and. Riding position might not be of your liking.
3. RoyalEnfield thunderbird: you love cruising?

Please note: I do not own nor have I ridden anu of these, just suggesting by what I have read. R15 would be a suggestion, but the posture might turn you off. Would you like to consider the 200NS?
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 21:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
1) No bending posture whatsover
Just wondering why? Have you rode a motorcycle with forward leaning posture?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 02:30   #4
BHPian

Basically it is only the cruiser type bikes (a-la Harley davidson choppers etc) which permit you to sit up straight. In your budget the two best stock bikes for that seating position are the Bajaj avenger and yamaha Enticer. As far as I know the Enticer production has been stopped. The enfields to some extent provide amsimilar though to my mind not hundred percent straight seating position. That is it. Of course without the budget constraint things like the Harley, v-max etc are available.

Check the mentioned bikes out and see if the engine performance suits you and decide accordingly
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 14:17   #5
BHPian

Only the royal Enfield for your kind of riding. Get a custom seat if you don't like the stock seat.
drsingh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 17:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
> 2 L budget
>No bending posture whatsover
Then your only option is a Thunderbird, or possibly an Avenger if you don't mind its low power. Any other choice would be either a Harley or the Hyosung cruiser, and they'll both be in excess of 5 lacs.

You might want to consider test-riding other bikes, like the Duke or the CBR250, and reconsidering your "no bending posture" rule, especially since you plan on solo riding. In my case personally, I can only opt for an Enfield since a critical factor was choosing a bike that is comfortable for my wife to ride pillion for long distances

p.s. and you certainly won't get bored with an Enfield, that's a guarantee, one way or the other, between the maintenance and the truly endless customization options available to you

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th February 2013 at 12:15. Reason: Back to back posts
marcussantiago is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 17:06   #7
BHPian

With the requirements that you've mentioned,all i can say is RE is the best bet. You've the Classic 350/500, TB 350/500 to choose from. You sit upright and they produce dollops of torque for you to chug along during your weekend rides. On the excitement/boring part, i can't really comment cuz i've never ridden one and honestly,i'm not really an RE person(no offense meant to anyone!).
May i also suggest the Karizma/ZMR?Yeah its old but it ticks all the boxes on your requirement list.I've one and i can ensure that you will not be bored out of it for sure and you will save some 'bucks' out of your budget too!
Porschefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 17:14   #8
BHPian

Look no further than Thunderbird 500. Ticks all your boxes. And being a RE, you can even sell it for a good price if you ever decide to.
If you are like most RE riders, you will never sell it and will treasure it for a long time to come.
Maverift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 21:12   #9
BHPian

Default Re: Weekend bike for 2 lakhs?

Thanks a ton everybody who have taken the effort to answer/help me. It feels great to be a part of this forum time and again. It is simply fantastic.

Since this subject "speed" is to be used very judiciously out here, i would like to have a 2 wheeler which is good in it. I like to get the blood racing once i start ridng. i own a RD 350 still for the way she behaves once she is given life! and mind you, she is gives a very good posture for riding. I am looking for a similar posture, but a better experience. i mean one shouldn't get bored after a 330 kms ride on the weekend.

please suggest and moderators please excuse for using the word.

Thanks.
nandans2005 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 23:45   #10
BHPian

Duke 200. Look no further. Ticks all your boxes.

If you are in no hurry, you could wait for the Duke 390. I am not sure though, if it would be within the 2L budget.

Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 06:24   #11
BHPian

Bro check out Thunderbird 500. Test ride it once then decide. Fits your budget too.
marinegopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 08:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

If you want outright fun (since you're looking for a weekender), i would suggest the Ninja 250R. You should be able to get a well cared for bike at around 2L or slightly more depending on the year of mfg and the no. of kms on the odo.

The bullet proof reliability of this bike combined with excellent handling and ride dynamics will ensure you have your share of fun on the open highways and on the race track.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 08:50   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Since this subject "speed" is to be used very judiciously out here, i would like to have a 2 wheeler which is good in it. I like to get the blood racing once i start ridng. i own a RD 350 still for the way she behaves once she is given life! and mind you, she is gives a very good posture for riding. I am looking for a similar posture, but a better experience. i mean one shouldn't get bored after a 330 kms ride on the weekend.
If you want your blood racing everytime you start the bike, its the Duke 200 for you then. Maniacal behavior evrytime she fires up, on the streets or on the highway the Duke 200 is at ease.

Although i shall suggest you to wait for the 390 to come out. If not then you can go for the Duke 200. Coming from an RD350, i would be surprised if youd go for an enfield.

And youd never be bored on a Duke even after 400, 500kms. You will still keep pushing yourself at every corner. Just get a test ride soon.

The drawback of the Duke is that
1. Loses traction easily on any surface other than tarmac - but proper throttle control keeps you steady

2. The seats are a killer. Butt starts to hurt 200kms into a ride. So one needs to give breaks.
If you want to ride with pillion though get the enfield. For your sake and the pillions sake.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote