Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th April 2013, 14:16   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs

Bajaj Probiking launched the Kawasaki Ninja 300 today under it's premium range. The Ninja 300 will be available exclusively at Bajaj Probiking outlets just like it's sibling: the Ninja 650R.

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-opening-cover2.jpg

Highlights:
  • The 300 replaces the outgoing and popular 250R that took riding enthusiasts by storm and kick started the premium motorbike segment in India.
  • Riding on the success of the 250R which was launched way back in October 2009 and sold over 3000 units, India Kawasaki motors took the game a step ahead with the Ninja 300.
  • Bajaj Probiking currently has the largest exclusive network for premium bikes. Currently at 71 across India, they plan to increase the count to 80 by end of 2013
  • Ninja 300 carries a host of features from it's elder supersport bikes like the ZX-10R, ZX-6R and the ZX14R.
  • 500 assembly kits of the Ninja 300 have already been imported and are currently in various stages. The bikes are available at the showroom since dispatches began before the launch.
  • The Ninja 300 and 650R are both made in Thailand.
  • Admittedly the 250R had a short supply and therefore the demand could not be met in time. Kawasaki has put in an effort to address this concern by increasing the production capacity of the 300.
  • ABS version of the Ninja 300 is not available for Indian market.
  • Available only in Kawasaki Lime Green and Pearl Stardust White.
Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-opening-cover.jpg

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-group-phot0.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th April 2013 at 11:44.
moralfibre is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 14:33   #2
Team-BHP Support

Technical Specifications:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-ninja300.jpg

Ninja 300 is said to have been built on the DNA of bigger and faster super-sport bikes from the Kawasaki stable. As per Kawasaki, the design inspirations in particular are:

Name:  Ninja_Feature.jpg
Views: 23115
Size:  30.0 KB

What's new in the Ninja 300?

Engine:
  • Increased displacement from 249 to 296cc.
  • The stroke has increased from 41.2 to 49.0 mm for more low to midrange grunt.
  • The motor has been tuned to give a better top end whack.
  • Dual throttle valves with a bigger main valve (28 to 32mm)
  • The engine now has a sleeveless construction coupled with a new head, lighter pistons and revised crankcases and an oil pan.
  • An expected power increase from 33bhp to 39bhp combined with a jump in torque from 22Nm @8200 rpm to 27Nm @10,000 rpm. Expect to wring the throttle a bit more to extract power from the machine.
Here's how the power and torque output compares with the Ninja 250R:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-torquecurve.jpg

Source: http://www.smartcycleshopper.com/

The clutch is redesigned with an assist and slipper function. At the clutch lever, it is said to be 25% lighter:

Name:  ninja300clutch.jpg
Views: 23191
Size:  29.3 KB

Chassis:
  • A few tubes on the chassis have been redesigned to take additional power that the engine puts out.
  • Use of high tensile steel sections has improved longitudinal rigidity.
  • The engine is now partially rubber mounted for reduced vibrations as the revs go up.
Suspension:
  • 37mm telescopic fork with revised damping.
  • Uni-trak rear suspension with changed damping settings.
  • Rear shock has 5-step preload adjustability.
  • A resultant improvement in city riding on bumpy roads is expected without compromising stiffness during a high speed dash.
An all new front end. Twin reflector headlamps look smart. Outstretched rear view mirrors for better rearward visibility:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-front-shot-green-bike.jpg

Split lamps give the bike a wider stance. The underside is quite hollow and open. Exposed radiator would be difficult to protect from flying debris in our riding conditions:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-green-bike-3-quarter.jpg

Observe how the rear view mirrors, the front fairing, side panels parts are aerodynamically designed:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-green-bike-front-view.jpg

Daytime running lights neatly placed at far ends of the headlamp cluster. A closer look at the floating windscreen inspired from ZX-10R. India specific requirement of a number plate in the front kind of spoils the party:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-headlights.jpg

Ninja, now has a gracious addition of Black on the side panels to break the monotony of Green. No odd bulges or unfinished edges. The panels are nice to touch and made of good quality material. Brand Ninja takes precedence over Kawasaki and goes well with the sub-branding mantra by Bajaj:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-side-profile.jpg

The outgoing 250R had analog meters. Thankfully that has changed in the 300. The speedometer gets a digital display while the tacho is wide and pronounced with a 13000 rpm redline. An eco light glows when you are riding for fuel efficiency:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-instrument-cluster.jpg

Switch on the ignition and all lights glow till the tacho needles goes across its rpm range and back:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-speedo-console-full-rpm.jpg

A rider's view of the console and front end:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-cockpit-top-view.jpg

A closer look at the rear view mirror:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-aerodynamic-rvm.jpg

Seat height is at 785mm. The rear seat is now flatter to take cargo. A small under seat storage can best hold tiny and flat stuff:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-seat-complete-picture.jpg

Sharp rear end with added "300" decals look neat. Hooks are provided behind the number plate to secure any stuff you'd carry in the back seat with bungee strings:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-sharp-side-profile-hooks.jpg

A 17 litre fuel tank. Your knees would snug fit in the crease on the side during those fast rides:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-tank-view.jpg

Turn signals for the front have been flush mounted on the fairing itself. No more protrusions on the side panels or around the headlamp area:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-indicator-integrated-1.jpg

A non-LED tail lamp. Just about the right size and a very neat fit:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-non-led-taillamp.jpg

110/70/R17 IRC roadwinner tyre in the front shod on wheels similar to the ones that come on the bigger and meaner ZX-14R. Stopping power comes from a 290mm disc up front:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-front-wheel.jpg

140/70/R17 tyre in the rear is 10mm wider as compared to the outgoing Ninja 250R:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-meaty-rear-tyre-sprocket.jpg

220mm Petal shaped disc in the rear should provide enough stopping power for a bike this size. ABS will be sorely missed though:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-rear-wheel-disc-swing-arm.jpg

Saree guard; a part that most riders are bound to remove on day 1. Must note that this is much better designed and integrated than what many other premium bikes are fitted with:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-saree-guard-1.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th April 2013 at 11:12.
moralfibre is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 20:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

Do you love scraping the footrest while cornering on two wheels? Here's an added assistance for you:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-front-right-footrest-1.jpg

Footrest for the pillion is in a similar location as the 250R with an identical mount:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-rear-right-footrest.jpg

Switch gear gets a "PASS" switch for flashing lights:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-lhs-switch-gear.jpg

Huge exposed area of the radiator is vulnerable to flying debris from the front wheel:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-radiator.jpg

2x1 exhaust arrangement:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-exhaust-2x1.jpg

Endcan is visibly thicker and gets partial brushed metal and partial matt Black finish:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-exhaust.jpg

Air vents in the fairing are functional and help dissipate engine heat faster:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-fairing-air-dam.jpg

Sufficient ground clearance. Kawasaki logo falls from the tank to the fairing.

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-engine-lower-side.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th April 2013 at 15:35. Reason: Typo
moralfibre is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 00:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs

The other colour option of White on the Ninja 300:

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-white-bike-front.jpg

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-white-bike-side-view-2.jpg

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-white-bike-side-view.jpg

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-white-three-quarter.jpg
moralfibre is offline   (14) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 11:07   #5
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs

Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the Motorbikes Section.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 11:22   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The other colour option of White on the Ninja 300:

Attachment 1072075

Attachment 1072076

Attachment 1072077

Attachment 1072078
Great photographs. Waiting to get mine delivered by month end. I wonder why saree guards are mandatory on these kinds of bikes. Anyway it would be a sight to see an aunty on a superbike in a saree sitting with both legs on one side. Typical Indian govt. laws which might not seem relevant.
sameer kumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 11:40   #7
BHPian

Top Class!
The baby Ninja was the benchmark 250cc bike and Kawasaki just made it better or should I say made it much much better!

The white looks beautiful to me and if I had the money I would definitely go with the white.

No ABS ?!
I had read somewhere the Ninja 300 is to get ABS.
This is only thing which is sorely missing, rest IMO it is one hell of a package.
I hope they offer optional ABS in time to come.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 12:56   #8
BHPian

I booked mine yesterday, wanted to see the bike in flesh before booking(I have a really small frame, wasn't sure it would be the right fit). The white looked more appealing to me than the green, so went with the white.

The only problem I have with the bike now(apart from the no abs) is the poor workmanship on the welds. There were cracked welds on the stand, and huge uneven bulges all along the frame where they were welded. The welds on my 20 year old RX100 look cleaner in comparison.
Hopefully the actual bikes come with more refined work.

6 Bikes ahead of me in the queue, so I'll have to wait a minimum of 60 days :(
sarsh11 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 13:08   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsh11 View Post
I booked mine yesterday, wanted to see the bike in flesh before booking(I have a really small frame, wasn't sure it would be the right fit). The white looked more appealing to me than the green, so went with the white.

The only problem I have with the bike now(apart from the no abs) is the poor workmanship on the welds. There were cracked welds on the stand, and huge uneven bulges all along the frame where they were welded. The welds on my 20 year old RX100 look cleaner in comparison.

6 Bikes ahead of me in the queue, so I'll have to wait a minimum of 60 days :(
Congrats on your booking. As you did notice these welding issues did you take any photographs? Also what about panel gaps as some people have mentioned in various posts.
sameer kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 13:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Sarsh11 u get some, you lose some.

As far as my knowledge goes, the baby Ninja is put together quite well( am well versed with the out going version).
It does feel more premium than CBR250r and the likes.

I hope the welds are only limited to the bike which you came across and you get a good finished product because I know the state which your mind goes through when you pay a hefty amount and you don't get the bang for your buck!

OT: Two Ninjas on the forum already
Waiting for some comparison shoot outs with the CBR250r and ownership reviews.
Congratulations.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 15:20   #11
BHPian

Doesn't anyone else think that the bike is wee bit overpriced? 4Lakhs on road is a bit steep, no?

Beautiful bike. A shame I cannot afford it.
nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 15:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
Doesn't anyone else think that the bike is wee bit overpriced? 4Lakhs on road is a bit steep, no?
Some feel that N300 is overpriced when compared to big brother N650 but quality comes at a price.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 16:05   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer kumar View Post
Congrats on your booking. As you did notice these welding issues did you take any photographs? Also what about panel gaps as some people have mentioned in various posts.
Unfortunately I was a bit too excited about booking the bike that I failed to take photos. To tell you the truth it was my friend who noticed the welds and showed them to me, guess this is why they recommend taking a second pair of eyes when buying something new.
The excitement makes you ignore the cons/faults :P
sarsh11 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 18:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately I was a bit too excited about booking the bike that I failed to take photos. To tell you the truth it was my friend who noticed the welds and showed them to me, guess this is why they recommend taking a second pair of eyes when buying something new.
The excitement makes you ignore the cons/faults :P
But then i guess"Chaand pe bhi to daag hain".So by when will your dealer deliver the bike to you and what is the on road price at your place.Hoping to get mine soon so then i can share the experiance with fellow BHPians.
Cheers
sameer kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 19:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Great photos moralfibre.

Could you throw in a comparo with the Ninja 650 as the difference is just 2L, just for the sake of it?
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote