Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th September 2007, 17:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

basically i love my home on the internet, am more than satisfied with it

manson.
How true... cant imagine how our life would have been without it on the other hand we wont have realised also on what we are missing...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 20:10   #47
BHPian

xbhp.com used to be great, but it seems they recently merged their Royal Enfield/big bikes section with general Indo-Jap bikes. I think the result is worse, because you've now mixed up two groups of people who have different interests.

Royal Enfield forums at royalenfield.com are OK, too. Though, I guess, you probably can't post anything they don't like.
caliper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 23:20   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

besides xbhp, bn, bcmt a forum many miss out since its not indian but uber kickassssss - Adventure Rider Motorcycle Forum truely god level people in there.

lohith - zenx is sameer shisodia

another forum although entirely of bulleteers is 60kph. A band onto themselves, these people do mad rides, and among them you can find some true gem of people.

PS: all forums have their useless junta
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 23:55   #49
Team-BHP Support

bike forum in india he he, am a die hard fan of RDD just waiting for some drag to happen
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 00:12   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Revlimit is a stupid forum combined with a worst eye soring design.
Thanks for your comment. I would appreciate a little more info on why you may think about Revlimit this way so that I can use your feedback to improve things. Since this discussion is off-topic for this thread, I would welcome a PM from you.

As per the design, it was created by a biker, not a web-designer. It still can be changed later as the biker improves his web-design skills. However, I consider design to be secondary and content to be primary. Hence, the site does not look "pretty".

Looking forward to a constructive feedback.

PS : I am the Administrator of Revlimit.
pulkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 00:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

IMO Xbhp is the best of among the biking forums. That being said its a pretty badly moderated forum. Have not been on it in 2 years. However there is a icky feeling that its very Chandigarh based. (dont get me wrong nothing against the north) but they dont really have any southern contributions and value is only given to the SBK owners and not the true biker.

That was what I felt when I tried to be part of that community.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 09:57   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
IMO Xbhp is the best of among the biking forums. That being said its a pretty badly moderated forum. Have not been on it in 2 years.
Things can change a lot in a matter of months, let alone 2 years. I think u need to visit the forum once again and spend some time to see the kind of moderation that happens there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
However there is a icky feeling that its very Chandigarh based. (dont get me wrong nothing against the north) but they dont really have any southern contributions and value is only given to the SBK owners and not the true biker.
xBhp is India based, not chandigarh or north based. The founders may be from Delhi, but the best of contributions coming from south indian members as well (including travel, engine mods, discussions etc)

As for your point on value given to sbk owners, I see no reason why you have to say this.. Only coz xbhp had a couple of events some yrs back with SBK riders coming in to show support?

I really think u need to visit xbhp and spend some time there again to see what the real picture is

ps: im one of the co-founders as well as a moderator there
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 11:58   #53
BHPian

I have been on many bike forums for the past 4 and a half years. Seen most forums from the start and how they evolve.

Been on xbhp from it bajaj pulsar days.

I will put my money on RDD, seen it through years but never fails to bore me and things keep coming up once in a while. Blame it on the two stroke oil that runs in my blood.

its a sensitive topic, so the less said less bad blood.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 12:38   #54
BHPian

someone asked in this post about the origins of "Dalda dubbas "

I think it originated from RDD posts because of the stupid loud and cheap "end cans" used on pulsars and other " 4 jokes "(another RDD terminology)

Another thing about RDD could be the age of the members, and the way most of their "motor bike = performance over looks" mentality

I could not stand the kiddish nature of the XBHP and their addiction on looks so I left

Still visit RDD

oh, I pref 2 strokes in india because I cannot get a performance "4st" here, unfortunately I couldn't find much 2st info on xbhp.

One of the best thing (other than their products) that came out of RDD was their bike "track day" initiative and this has prompted many common guys to ride on the track..
renamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 13:25   #55
Senior - BHPian

this smile will say a lot, no need to proof anything.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 14:24   #56
BHPian

Yeah 2ST lovers in India still prefer a 2ST anyday ....Nothing against 4ST, but we still are a long way in getting a gud 4ST bike !!
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 14:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renamo View Post
Another thing about RDD could be the age of the members, and the way most of their "motor bike = performance over looks" mentality
I think that clinches it. Yeah its the same for function over form.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 22:31   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
ps: im one of the co-founders as well as a moderator there
I knew that by reading the first few lines of your post . Like I said - IMPO !! Anyway, will check out Xbhp again and witness the change myself. sorry punia no harm intended.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 03:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by member View Post
Even most of the RDD old timers have left. dont know where they go. xBhp old timers go to RDD. Rdd old timers go where???
Now RDD is reduced to a one man show. Null technical contributions to the community by other members. Thats a small banglore bikers club now, even infighting has found its place there.
Started up the RDD club with Ron and a few friends several years ago. I guess some things arent meant to last, it was good while it did. In the process i for one have met a lot of amazing people and learnt a lot. Eventually people with similar interests and mindset stick together the longest, as it is with myself and my track going /racing buddies many of whom are early rdd members. We have always been a group of guys oriented towards performance motorcycling, after a point just talking performance doesnt cut it, you need action and theres a whole lot out there to learn that you won't learn from just hanging out on a forum. I for one still stick around on forums sharing my experiences and what i know wherever i can but sadly most other old timers i know have given up on forums and prefer doing their thing in the real world. I cant say i blame them, for us social rejects I dont think there is any good biking forum in the country, thats just the way it is.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 09:54   #60
BHPian

Tronwolf : no harm taken
Renamo : a xbhp terminology for RDs : mosquito killers
and u can get performance 4sts here in India. U need to check out xbhp to see what a bunch of guys from Bangalore are doing to Fieros and Pulsars. The classic Fiero, which was good for a 7-7.5 sec 0-60 is doing the same in 3-3.5 seconds now. And oh yes, it is clocking 130+ on the speedgun. The Modded Karizmas and Pulsars too are doing the same. As i said, things are changing

this topic is about "best biking forum". Is biking limited to just travel on bikes, or modifications on bikes, or only 2strokes, or only 4strokes? Or does 'biking' mean everything on two-wheels, and every kind of 'two-wheels' ?
xBhp, did not want to discriminate on the basis of what bike u have (a 2st, a 4st, a commuter etc) or what kind of biking one is into (travel, track days, mods etc) and hence we have everykind of bikers at the site. And when u have every kind of biker coming in, from CEOs of bike manufacturers to a budding biker, there tends to be , to an extent, "amateurish" topics. Yes, it was diff to handle in the beginning, but we do have a control over it. Some members think the moderators are harsh, but then its for the betterment of the forum. Not allowing pics bigger than 800*600 res, stunt pictures without a helmet, abusive/personal comments etc, is all this harsh moderation?

Forums i know of, and have been there in the past:
RDD : was the best for 2 stroke lovers no doubt, but as many have pointed out, of late, things havent been the same they were sometime back
BCM : good travel stuff

Last edited by normally_crazy : 22nd September 2007 at 23:29. Reason: More than 2 smilies not allowed
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote