Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th November 2016, 18:16   #961
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
I needed your advice whether the purchase of tb350 cc would relieve me of my wrist pain and back niggles to a larger extent?
I am comfortable with my bird's contoured seat and raised handlebar. So far, I have not felt any wrist pain or backache during my long rides including my longest ride of Kolkata-Delhi, 1,538 km [odometer] in 29 hours. Riding posture and seat contribute a lot for a comfortable ride. Kindly have test-rides from different dealers on different roads before deciding.

I wish to quote my own post in a different thread here regarding the contoured rider's seat in my Thunderbird:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
During my long rides, to break the monotony, I used to sit on the back seat of my Thunderbird 500, stretching my hands and legs in a straight line and ride, which I found soothing and relaxing.

Recently, a friend of mine got a custom-made gel cover for his Ducati Scrambler's rider's seat, costing around ₹ 3 k+. He brought his Ducati to my home for demo. I went for a spin more for testing its speed rather than the seat! I found no difference in the comfort offered by my bird's OE stock rider's seat and Ducati Scrambler's custom-made gel covered rider's seat. I touched and manually applied pressure with my fingers on both. I did not find any difference. So, I have decided to have the same old OE stock rider's seat without gel cover for my bird. I don't know whether Thunderbird's rider's seat has a gel top layer beneath the cover. The specification is silent on that.
Quote:
Salutes to your grit and what not
Thanks for the compliments.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 26th November 2016 at 18:25.
J.Ravi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 17:29   #962
BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post

I needed your advice whether the purchase of tb350 cc would relieve me of my wrist pain and back niggles to a larger extent? I take the madhya kailash-iit-manapakkam-porur-kattupakkam-thirumazhisai route to Sriperumbudur. Looking forward to your kind words.

Thanks
Hi MDED,

I ride the TB500 as well and have owned it for almost a year now. I used to ride the Pulsar 220 DTSi before this and experienced a fair amount of back and wrist pain. I don't have those issues anymore, at least in the city.

Another thing that many of us need to keep in mind is that our desk jobs and sedentary lifestyles affect our backs. It is important to strengthen back muscles as well as sit properly while working. Doing this also will help reduce back strain.

Parikshith
parik_ind is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote