Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2013, 13:19   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,730
Thanked: 4,772 Times
Default Honda CBR300R in the works?

Is the baby-Ceeber too going the Duke way upgrading the engine retaining the same skeleton?

A pic has been leaked onto the internet showing a presentation of CBR300R.

Source
Attached Images
 
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:24   #2
BHPian
 
rulerofsun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 130
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

God only knows where you get your updates from but I hope this is true. I am thinking of buying a bike next year and I am torn between the RE 500 Green and the CBR 250. Having owned two STD 350ís over 16 years I know that the Bullet will always need a lot of attention and the Honda will require much less so. Now that I am married I would not like the better half to think I got a Sautan so hope that the 300 CBR is launched at a reasonable price soon.
rulerofsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:28   #3
BHPian
 
vinair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 497
Thanked: 876 Times
Thumbs down Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

Hope Honda does something to the design, it is one totally uninspiring and bland design they've got on this bike. Including the 150R.

The VFR inspired looks do no justice to the bike and I have never (personally) felt like taking a closer look at this bike anywhere!
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:44   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

Oh man, don't tell me.
I was about to book a 250 standard edition .
But if the looks and handling stay the same , then i guess there is no point waiting for the new one .
Hope we get some concrete information on this really soon .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 16:31   #5
BHPian
 
kolimuttai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BLR | Chennai
Posts: 106
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2013 at 12:54.
kolimuttai is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 6th May 2013, 08:52   #6
BHPian
 
sameer kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 64
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

Honda already has a 300 cc mill in Brazil which is powering the CB300R naked version. They may use the same engine on their fared version ie CBR300 R . If that happens then they need to tweak the engine to a fairly high level to get it to the playing field of Ninja 300 . Honda CB300R is powered by an air cooled 291cc, 4-valve double overhead camshaft, 4 stroke and single cylinder engine. This engine gives about 26hp @7500rpm and a torque of 2.9 kgm at 6000 rpm.It is a single cylinder engine compared to Ninjas twin.
Attached Images
 
sameer kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 13:13   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KA
Posts: 336
Thanked: 222 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

IMO, makes no sense if the looks remain the same. Why should I buy it if its looks the same as 250, with marginal increase in power and costs minimum 40-50k more. Where is the VF my hard earned money ?

Other way round Honda should rightly space up their products so that customer have logical reasons for upgrades instead of launching upgrades for namesake.

I am due for an upgrade next year and this will NOT be an option if the OP is true.
Shiv_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 13:33   #8
BHPian
 
Viju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Narita
Posts: 866
Thanked: 1,631 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

My guess is, this could be a replacement of the CBR250 in the Indian market, just like it happened with the Ninja. Moreover, seeing the production start / launch date mentioned in the slide - September, 2013 - this could be launched in January 2014 as an all new model.

As far as the looks are concerned, this is most probably only a representation using the picture of the existing bike. Honda wouldn't want to reveal the final looks so much in advance. In any case, after seeing the new range of 400s and 500s that Honda has released, I wouldn't expect anything drastically different. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Last edited by Viju : 6th May 2013 at 13:34. Reason: Typos.
Viju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 22:09   #9
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,204
Thanked: 4,821 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Hope Honda does something to the design, it is one totally uninspiring and bland design they've got on this bike. Including the 150R.

The VFR inspired looks do no justice to the bike and I have never (personally) felt like taking a closer look at this bike anywhere!
I own & ride the 250R & save for the rear 3 quarter looks, I find the design uninspiring. Appears proper from the saddle though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
But if the looks and handling stay the same , then i guess there is no point waiting for the new one .
The other contenders are priced close to 3L. This one costs 1L less. I don't think there is any competition. Those who could afford, go ahead & buy the Ninja 250R & now the 300R (costing a cool, almost 2L more, the cost of a CBR-250R)

Yes, the KTM-200/390 would make sense if you want a handler & a naked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
As far as the looks are concerned, this is most probably only a representation using the picture of the existing bike. Honda wouldn't want to reveal the final looks so much in advance.
They would have done better had they released a sketch. That is what most manufacturers (including Honda) do.
Quote:
In any case, after seeing the new range of 400s and 500s that Honda has released, I wouldn't expect anything drastically different. Would love to be proved wrong though.
Save for the 600F, I find the other 400/500's very uninspiring. But believe they are built for a purpose & that purpose is not to be hammered at a track day in & day out. Those are very good upgrade to the CBR-250R.

I find the CBR-250R comfortable to ride inside city. Thanks to its handling & ride-ability because of torque available low down. Everywhere else, all bikes in that price segment have an advantage.

OT - And just a month back, a CBR-250R did the GQ in a slight over 90 hours.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 22:33   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post


The other contenders are priced close to 3L. This one costs 1L less. I don't think there is any competition. Those who could afford, go ahead & buy the Ninja 250R & now the 300R (costing a cool, almost 2L more, the cost of a CBR-250R)

Yes, the KTM-200/390 would make sense if you want a handler & a naked.
Yup, that's a very valid point .
This amount can be easily used to buy some high quality safety gears .
Also I feel, one who will buy ninja might not be using their bikes for daily use or office commute .
But I have seen a lot many people using CBR as their daily commute bike .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

I find the CBR-250R comfortable to ride inside city. Thanks to its handling & ride-ability because of torque available low down. Everywhere else, all bikes in that price segment have an advantage.

OT - And just a month back, a CBR-250R did the GQ in a slight over 90 hours.
I think this is also one more reason why lot of people are going for CBR .
As I plan to use it for daily commute, a comfortable ride will always be welcome rather than a track like performance .
But the extra power will always come in handy :-) .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 08:36   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,204
Thanked: 4,821 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks to its ride-quality & ride-ability
Corrected & apologies for that.

Should have read as ride comfort. It has got good, supple ride compared to R15/KTM & the Ninja.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
But I have seen a lot many people using CBR as their daily commute bike
Its a fine commuter, say a bigger Karizma & you get the picture.
Quote:
I think this is also one more reason why lot of people are going for CBR .
As I plan to use it for daily commute, a comfortable ride will always be welcome rather than a track like performance .

Quote:
But the extra power will always come in handy :-) .
More power is never enough, else who would dyno a S1000RR & add turbo to a Hayabusa.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 09:05   #12
BHPian
 
sameer kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 64
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

Seeing how the market is evolving at this point of time i doubt that Honda would bring out a radically new design for the 300. They already have a 150, 250, 400, 500 in the market and the engine for the 400 has just been developed not very long back. And now developing a new 300cc engine ??? I personally think that they would only rebore the 250 cc engine and relaunch it by discontinuing the 250 cc mill. As far as the styling is concerned they may borrow a few designs from its older siblings. And if they retain the 250cc design then we all know the inherent cosmetic problems associated with the bikes being manufactured in India. Again if the 250 /300 has to be seen as a daily commuting bike then i think its better to go in for the sub 1 lakh bikes which are most suited for the purpose. Any bike over 250 cc should be in the sports bike category and should be reviewed and criticized accordingly. Grading these sports bikes for their daily commuting abilities surpassing their sports performance would be a little too unfair to these machines.
sameer kumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 09:16   #13
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,204
Thanked: 4,821 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer kumar View Post
Any bike over 250 cc should be in the sports bike category and should be reviewed and criticized accordingly. Grading these sports bikes for their daily commuting abilities surpassing their sports performance would be a little too unfair to these machines.

Sameer - Your post makes a lot of sense

In essence, the CBR 250R is a very good commuter, believe when I say that. It is no slouch by any means but if given a choice between a R15 & CBR 250R for commuting, I would pick the later. For recreational riding, the former.

The other 250's are proper Sports Bike having a twin cylinder set-up.

And what you say is true, there is no need to dilute a 250 & above Motorcycle. But then the 250R is almost the best of both worlds.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 10:44   #14
BHPian
 
niranjanrvce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 315
Thanked: 329 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Also I feel, one who will buy ninja might not be using their bikes for daily use or office commute .
But I have seen a lot many people using CBR as their daily commute bike .
Cheers
Supriyo bhai, a CBR would suit you well if you want a comfortable yet powerful daily commute. I would have recommended the Duke but it might feel a tad small given your height and built. It might still be worth a test ride though - let me know if you want a longish one on mine.

Agree on the ninja point, although I use mine as the daily commute
niranjanrvce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 11:07   #15
BHPian
 
sameer kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 64
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Also I feel, one who will buy ninja might not be using their bikes for daily use or office commute .
I am sure when you get the user feedback and reviews from Ninja 300 owners you will be surprised that Kawasaki has done such a fabulous job with the seating position, lower end grunt and taller gear ratios that the 300 has become more of a sports tourer bike and a good city rider too. With higher clip-on handles the bike can easily be used for daily commuting. Yes the Honda scores over the ninja hands down over the seat riding comfort, but with some mods that too can be handled on the Ninja.

Last edited by sameer kumar : 7th May 2013 at 11:08.
sameer kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched JayPrashanth Motorbikes 30 20th August 2014 22:53
Honda registers Design Patent for Naked CBR300R CARDEEP Motorbikes 0 13th March 2014 11:25
Hero Honda works manager, superb treatment! superavi Motorbikes 10 3rd January 2006 15:46
Galaxi Auto Works GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st July 2004 11:30
How Honda's Vtec works GTO Technical Stuff 6 28th March 2004 19:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:17.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks