Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th February 2015, 22:09   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My KTM Duke 200 - Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmoya2007 View Post
I came across this thread while looking for a KTM Duke 200 ownership review. Great pictures and nice review. I am also planning to get the same white and black colour combination. I have a query though. The white alloys looked really nice. Have you got them painted or are from the factory? When I enquired about it(white alloys) in the delearship, the response I got was all their alloys are black.
White alloys have to be done somewhere outside. The standard alloys on the D200 are black, as your dealership correctly stated. Have you short-listed any other bikes?
barcalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 19:31   #32
BHPian

No other bikes short listed. Bought the KTM Duke 200 in white and black. Ownership thread coming up soon.
docmoya2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 19:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmoya2007 View Post
No other bikes short listed. Bought the KTM Duke 200 in white and black. Ownership thread coming up soon.
Do accept my heartiest congratulations!

Looking forward to your thread. Ride safe!
barcalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 19:59   #34
BHPian

Thank you. Still trying to get the hang of my new baby- the Baby Duke as somebody called it. I've never ridden a motorcycle properly all my life. So this is going to be a new chapter for me.
docmoya2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2015, 17:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends, I own a Duke 200 and was happy till 10 days ago. The story began this way, I bought a Duke 200 in Jan 2015 from Anjani Motors, Hyderabad to my surprise this dealer is not authorized to service so I had to rely upon KTM Madhapur, Hyderabad where a technician named sunny stole the bike and abandoned it in nearby fields.

10 days ago the bike refused to start due to battery being down, I was surprised the bike was driven for more than 80 kms the day before, over night this issue cropped up. I had to wait for 2 days for the technician to show up to pick the bike from KTM NTR Nagar, Hyderabad. In spite of calling for the past 10 days the service station has been giving some or the other C&B stories.

Till now the issue is not resolved and the KTM brand happily boasting it self '' Ready to Race''.

KTM service totally sucks and I don't think this is going to work for long.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2015, 17:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Hi friends, I own a Duke 200 and was happy till 10 days ago. The story began this way, I bought a Duke 200 in Jan 2015 from Anjani Motors, Hyderabad to my surprise this dealer is not authorized to service so I had to rely upon KTM Madhapur, Hyderabad where a technician named sunny stole the bike and abandoned it in nearby fields.

10 days ago the bike refused to start due to battery being down, I was surprised the bike was driven for more than 80 kms the day before, over night this issue cropped up. I had to wait for 2 days for the technician to show up to pick the bike from KTM NTR Nagar, Hyderabad. In spite of calling for the past 10 days the service station has been giving some or the other C&B stories.

Till now the issue is not resolved and the KTM brand happily boasting it self '' Ready to Race''.

KTM service totally sucks and I don't think this is going to work for long.
'
Bala..Very sad to hear about your D200. I get my Duke 390 serviced at Banjara Hills SVC and they are par excellent. They have given me tremendous support and take care of my D390 with care.
You can speak to Ramdas, Service head and he should be able to resolve all problems. He is incharge of Madhapur,Kondapur & Banjara Hills SVCs.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 12:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hello friends,

The DUKE is DUDE again. The battery issue is resolved only after country heads got their heads into it. The battery is replaced with a new one and the bike is back into action. I should admit the brand heads responded well and accordingly, thanks to all you heads for making things easy after a tough fight .

I have always found the dealers, service stations don't know for what or why they act smart and unnecessarily make a petty thing into a huge mess . Whatever the issue is resolved and am happy with my ride.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote