Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th June 2013, 14:02   #16
Default Re: What to do with '87 TVS Suzuki Max100?

Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Re-registration would be 15 years, or just 5 year extensions? We really want to keep it, unless it is insanely difficult to do so.
Sorry, I missed this post of yours. FC renewal, after the first 15 years, is valid for 5 years.

Why don't you post a couple of pics of the bike in its present condition? Old IND-Suzuki / TVS-Suzuki bikes are becoming an increasingly rare sight on our roads.

I have to wait for months to see a decent Supra or Shogun on the road, and this is the situation in Bangalore, where half the population is running crazy after 2 strokes!
Viju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 07:23   #17
Default Re: Old Bike / Scooter: Sell Parts, Scrap or duplicate RC?

Hi Guys,
facing a similar dilemma. We have a Scooty ES which will complete 15 years next year and is Goa RTO registered. We are now in Indore and do not want to register the vehicle in Indore as was told the formalities -NOC from Goa and tax payment at Indore will work out to around Rs 10,000.The scooty is working but occasionally veers and gives an unstable feeling .After a while this problem disappears and it works perfectly well with a mileage of around 40 kpl. I have shown the same to many mechanics but it is not rectified. Hence planning to buy a new scooter. Since it is an out station vehicle there are no takers at TVS for an exchange offer. However an agent offered to buy it as scrap for Rs 1500,but the doubt is he will not scrap it and instead use it and since it will not be transferred there might be issue later. Please advise.

Last edited by fergus : 11th August 2015 at 07:24. Reason: typo
fergus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 22:32   #18
Default Re: Old Bike / Scooter: Sell Parts, Scrap or duplicate RC?

My dad had a 1998 Suzuki Max 100 R which he sold to a very close friend in 2006. The friend lost the original RC book and because he didn't do a name transfer , at the end of 15 years in 2013 and he was not interested in going through the formalities for duplicate RC and FC, we asked him to give back the vehicle to us .

We dismantled the vehicle on our own . We sold the parts as metal scrap to at least 5 different scrap shops over a period of 3 months . We also scraped the engine and chassis number using a iron cutting machine we had at home. All this was possible because dad is a DIY person unlike me.

I don't understand the need for getting police clearance if you dismantle on your own . After all, even cars are being used without name transfer on RC book by unknown people and god knows what happens after the FC expires.

We have retained the number plates though.
Ragavsr is offline   Reply With Quote