Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2014, 14:37   #241
BHPian
 
vikast_ap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 41
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Aah sorry then. Its only the Duke/RC then. Look no further honestly. The baby Benelli I read somewhere would be 4 lacs plus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Got your point. But you can avail loan for even second hand vehicles. Just saying
Hmm seems like I am stuck with 1 option only
vikast_ap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 21:42   #242
BHPian
 
giri1.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 402
Thanked: 230 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Is this RC200? looks too good ! BTW has the chain already rusted?
Attached Thumbnails
KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs-10688264_721177694626240_8868642625454783112_o.jpg  

giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 22:03   #243
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: bareilly
Posts: 404
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Is this RC200? looks too good ! BTW has the chain already rusted?
Yes , difference between them being 200 comes only in black and 390 only white . You cannot get either for any other color right now , both orange frame unlike duke 200 which has black frame . RC 200 also gets ABS unlike duke 200 (which I read somewhere might offer ABS as an option). RC200 however gets MRF tire like the duke 200 .

The chain is a power part , it is orange in color but appears dull and hence rusted . The seat and maybe the decals are also aftermarkets from KTM itself .
basuroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 22:11   #244
BHPian
 
giri1.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 402
Thanked: 230 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Yes , difference between them being 200 comes only in black and 390 only white . You cannot get either for any other color right now , both orange frame unlike duke 200 which has black frame . RC 200 also gets ABS unlike duke 200 (which I read somewhere might offer ABS as an option). RC200 however gets MRF tire like the duke 200 .

The chain is a power part , it is orange in color but appears dull and hence rusted . The seat and maybe the decals are also aftermarkets from KTM itself .
Yes you are right, I didn't know about the chain before, as far as I know RC doesn't have ABS, the so-called optional setup is done by the dealer and not part of the official power part.
giri1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 22:25   #245
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: bareilly
Posts: 404
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Yes you are right, I didn't know about the chain before, as far as I know RC doesn't have ABS, the so-called optional setup is done by the dealer and not part of the official power part.
Correct , just checked at the KTM website and no mention of ABS in the 200 page .
basuroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 23:08   #246
BHPian
 
Ricci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 747
Thanked: 920 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

^I read ABS will be made available as an option on the Duke 200 and RC200.

I paid the nearest KTM showroom a visit to check out the RC twins. I didn't ask for a test ride, just had a look and touch-n-feel. The bike feels very slim and light, the mirrors don't look completely useless either.

The front suspension seemed very stiff. Could not get much movement holding the brake and pushing down on the fork. Hopefully, the projectors offer good illumination as well. Still leaves me with a small 9.5 liter fuel tank and that flat uninspiring exhaust note. Also, seeing some track ride photos, the fairing seems to scrape the ground on high lean angles, surprising considering it's build for the track. But overall quite impressed with the kit you get for the money.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 11:36   #247
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

That looks like a proper Moto GP KTM class bike! Lovely.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 15:51   #248
BHPian
 
Philistine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 38
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Visited a showroom to casually check on the bike. Just wanted to take a look at the bike and maybe take a test ride. Was told that bookings have been stopped for all KTM bikes as of today. Some internal company issue and may take about 2-3 months to resolve. No information on what the issue is.

This information was provided by the KTM showroom at Thane - one close to Majiwada junction.

Last edited by Philistine : 1st November 2014 at 15:56.
Philistine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 16:35   #249
BHPian
 
KhalDrogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Panjim
Posts: 92
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

That's horrible news. Leaves those of us looking to make bookings in the lurch. Sure this is nation wide and not just that particular dealership? Can anyone else confirm with another dealership and post please?
KhalDrogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 21:07   #250
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 835
Thanked: 710 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
Visited a showroom to casually check on the bike. Just wanted to take a look at the bike and maybe take a test ride. Was told that bookings have been stopped for all KTM bikes as of today. Some internal company issue and may take about 2-3 months to resolve. No information on what the issue is.

This information was provided by the KTM showroom at Thane - one close to Majiwada junction.
The Bangalore one was booking many many bikes (Duke 200, 390, RC 390) to all its glory today despite it being a holiday today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
That's horrible news. Leaves those of us looking to make bookings in the lurch. Sure this is nation wide and not just that particular dealership? Can anyone else confirm with another dealership and post please?
I don't think this is the case! You can book your bikes at peace
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 22:02   #251
BHPian
 
Philistine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 38
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
The Bangalore one was booking many many bikes (Duke 200, 390, RC 390) to all its glory today despite it being a holiday today.

Then, maybe I stand corrected. The problem could be with this dealership at Majiwada, Thane. If anyone is planning to visit this particular showroom then a call prior visiting might be of help.
Philistine is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 08:59   #252
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,305
Thanked: 2,713 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Looks like the RC deliveries have started in full swing in Bangalore.
Saw 2 of them in a day. Was behind one for a km. Must say the bike looks neat on the road. I never really liked the rear view of the Duke, but the RC viewed from behind has a proper sports bike look. And the headlights are quite powerful when I was ahead.

One change I feel Bajaj missed out was redesigning the exhaust set up to give a better note.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 21:46   #253
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 172
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

As per the last update I had few days back, the RC390 waiting period is 45 days in Bangalore. Any latest updates on the waiting period ? When Duke 390 was introduced last year (around the same time), the waiting period was close to 3 months. These days, one can get it within a day or two. I guess even the RC390 waiting period will ease out in coming days. Not sure by when ... Any clue (going by the past record of D390's waiting period reduction) ???
shan_ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 17:06   #254
BHPian
 
Akhilash95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Not the best of start for the RC test bikes in Bengaluru.
Attached Thumbnails
KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs-img_20141104_170137.jpg  

Attached Images
    
Akhilash95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 17:20   #255
BHPian
 
KhalDrogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Panjim
Posts: 92
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Sorry to say, and I sincerely pray he is still breathing and in one piece, but what a friggin moron.
Accidents happen. Why the need to call him a moron without any details?
KhalDrogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KTM RC390 - Initial Ownership Experience ksameer1234 Motorbikes 54 12th October 2017 08:27
Scoop! KTM Duke RC390 spotted testing PrasadWad Motorbikes 73 3rd September 2014 09:36
VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs Abhinav667 The Indian Car Scene 239 10th April 2013 19:57
100 BHP+ Diesel Sedan under 10 lakhs - Booked Verna CRDI SX (ABS), now under 9 lakhs newcoolgadgets Sedans 84 16th September 2009 21:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks