Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th September 2014, 14:46   #91
BHPian

Default Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

What a launch? Superb pricing for wonderful bikes. I think Hondas, Suzukis and Yamahas of the world should learn something from them. Also, hopefully, I think we'll probably see R25 sooner than expected; at a VFM price.

However, was there any word on KTM 390 Adventure?

Last edited by creative420 : 9th September 2014 at 14:50.
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 14:53   #92
BHPian

Default Re: KTM RC390 - Launch in 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
So that is around 2.40l on road Bangalore for RC390.
A good price, especially when compared to the N300.
Yeah good price no doubt. But comparing it to the Kwacker is totally wrong IMO. A twin is a twin. Both the bikes have different USPs which will appeal to the prospective customers. R25 will be a true-blue challenge to the N300 provided Yamaha sheds off its age old image for india(land of snake-charmers) and gets the international trim here

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
...However, was there any word on KTM 390 Adventure?
Not happening anytime soon.

Source : http://overdrive.in/news/ktm-adventu...ies-delayed-2/

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th September 2014 at 15:20.
SoumenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 15:16   #93
BHPian

You've got to love bajaj. They always price beautifully.
At 2.05 ex Rc 390 would cost around 2.30 on road(delhi). Now that is delectable.
Kudos Bajaj.
mehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 15:18   #94
BHPian

Stellar pricing! How I wish we get an ADV variant of the 390 mill. Would complete the portfolio.

The sales figures should be interesting for the twins.
Motormania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 15:28   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Also, hopefully, I think we'll probably see R25 sooner than expected; at a VFM price.
Wistful thinking.

Though I would love to be proved wrong.

The promise of a delectable battle in the quarter L class sounds inviting.
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 15:40   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Yeah good price no doubt. But comparing it to the Kwacker is totally wrong IMO. A twin is a twin. ]
Was comparing them keeping in mind performance over the technical part of it . Like you said twin is a twin and has its own charm.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 17:16   #97
BHPian

Without getting into any detailed technicalities, there is no way people wont compare.

There is an ongoing comparison between similarly priced or styled bikes and we cant stop it. Not everyone who buys a CBR250R tours on it, not everyone on the N250 or N300 takes it to a track, not everyone is going to use the RC just in the city (in spite of a committed riding position).

The market is opening up with every new bike that gets launched under 5 lacs, and is surely a segment where every manufacturer feels the need to be in, now.

With Yamaha ready with their 250 and Triumph, BMW, even (rumoured) Ducati to be working on small capacity performance bikes, things are only looking better and better.

Only if infrastructure could keep up at the same pace.

For now, RC is a bomb at the price which is going to shake some of the Japanese earthquake prone areas.
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 17:56   #98
Senior - BHPian

KTM India is on the roll thanks to Bajaj India Ltd. The pricing is a stonker for this very capable machine that can hold its own in the company of other parallel twin quarter litre motorcycles as can be seen on international website reviews. Kudos to Bajaj and KTM for pricing it sensibly and giving parched Indian riders an opportunity to ride a world class motorcycle.

I too was thinking about the Adventure version but as KTM rightly says that an Adventure bike needs a different platform and it will take them some time to build it, also looking at the sales trend here in India they would think twice before launching their world beaters adventure bikes here as the demand is low as of now. Hopefully the launch of Triumph Tiger 800 and 1200 XC, BMW R1200GS, etc. would prompt KTM to launch their adventure series in India although it is still a very niche market but let's hope.

Anyways back to the Duke RC390 and RC200, I'm sure the line outside KTM Bajaj showroom would get longer this time.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 18:14   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But comparing it to the Kwacker is totally wrong IMO. A twin is a twin. Both the bikes have different USPs which will appeal to the prospective customers.

R25 will be a true-blue challenge to the N300
Lets discuss this. "Dont compare the 390 with the N300". Why? What does the N300 do better than the 390

Sure, a twin is a twin; an inline 4 is an inline 4; V twins are V twins and Singles are Singles. So? This is a cop out man. Please do tell, why is it better?

But hey .... the R 25, also a SINGLE, will be the "True Blue challenge"?

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2014 at 19:53. Reason: No need to be rude with other BHPians. You need to STRICTLY maintain a polite tone, even in debates
Urban_Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 18:30   #100
BHPian

Dear Urban_Nomad,

R25 is a parallel twin, please do a bit more research before posting.

This is a forum where people are allowed to have their opinions and discuss them. No need to strike down a thunderbolt just because someone doesn't share yours.

Great launch by KTM. Looking forward to ride it one day.

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2014 at 19:54. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
asivan is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 18:30   #101
BHPian

Thumbs down Ot

Brother, first your tone is too offensive.

Second you realy lost me on this line(highlighted). First get the facts straight and then go on with allegations like "fan-boy" and stuff. Its a twin cylinder and that's why I compared it to N300.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/yamaha-...iled-indonesia

If you read the post again without the bias(that your post shouts of) you will know I actually pointed out yamaha to be a bike maker who doesnt give us better bikes(land of snake-charmers reference...rings a bell?).

Secondly, I said twin is a twin and single is a single. Never said one is better and other is inferior. Its just that both are different.

And I wont even try to guess who is showcasing fanboyism. I rest my case. For further discussion please use the feature called PM.

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2014 at 19:54. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
SoumenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 18:44   #102
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Gentlemen, please maintain a polite and respectful tone while discussing your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Can I replace the handlebar with a less aggressive ones? Something like raised up clip-ons..
Yes you can. Handlebar risers are available for most bikes and in due course of time it should be available for this one too. You can also get a custom riser made from a metal block of desired thickness and a longer bolt to hold the clip on's securely.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 18:46   #103
Senior - BHPian

Guys relax, chill out.

The Yamaha 250 we are going to be getting in all likelihood is going to be a single.

Not the recently launched twin.

I could be wrong, but this is from more than one source close to the company.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 18:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Yes you can. Handlebar risers are available for most bikes and in due course of time it should be available for this one too. You can also get a custom riser made from a metal block of desired thickness and a longer bolt to hold the clip on's securely.
Not sure if a riser will be helpful here. The handlebar design of the RC is such that it is a part of the upper triple tree clamp. I dont think we can even classify these handlebars as a clip-on. And I think for going for a set of raised bars we will have to change the triple tree too!

Name:  KTMRC3901.jpg
Views: 2363
Size:  222.4 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The Yamaha 250 we are going to be getting in all likelihood is going to be a single.

Not the recently launched twin.
OT: With the RC launch and pricing, me too thinks Yamaha might not take the risk of launching a twin pot bike which could push its price to closer to the Ninja territory. Eagerly waiting for Yamaha's answer to the RC. I think even the new CBR's price needs to be brought down in order to stay in the game!

Last edited by man_of_steel : 9th September 2014 at 18:58.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 19:31   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah good price no doubt. But comparing it to the Kwacker is totally wrong IMO. A twin is a twin. Both the bikes have different USPs which will appeal to the prospective customers. R25 will be a true-blue challenge to the N300 provided Yamaha sheds off its age old image for india(land of snake-charmers) and gets the international trim here

Not happening anytime soon.

Source : http://overdrive.in/news/ktm-adventu...ies-delayed-2/
You are correct in this, however, not because of the engine configuration as you say. I doubt many buyers of either of these motorcycles will know what engine configuration is running under them.

However, RC390 is a very focussed track bike with a much better frame than the N300 (or even R25 going by the reports). N300 is more a sports tourer and hence will appeal to people who want a bit of everything.

If I was looking for a track bike , I would look no further than the RC.
TheCelestial is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote